collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50692 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #600 on: July 13, 2015, 07:11:06 AM »
The Sdcc exclusives have been $50 each the last few years. However they have almost consistently retained or increased in price on the secondary market. So its really better to buy them direct from HTS.

Actually, I would disagree with that.  I know I got DJ on eBay about a year after she was released for $35 and that included shipping.  Maniac may see a dip also considering that there is a playful version coming out.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 13, 2015, 08:40:27 AM »
The Sdcc exclusives have been $50 each the last few years. However they have almost consistently retained or increased in price on the secondary market. So its really better to buy them direct from HTS.

Actually, I would disagree with that.  I know I got DJ on eBay about a year after she was released for $35 and that included shipping.  Maniac may see a dip also considering that there is a playful version coming out.

That sounds like you got a steal.  In general, no one is willing to sell one for less than they paid for it, and unless you happen to find the person that got a pile and need to move them out quick, you're going to pay more for it the longer  you wait!  Better to get it early and avoid the regret. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #602 on: July 13, 2015, 08:50:00 AM »
im so glad that this is confirmed!!! ive been seeing rumors here and on IG that they will be released on the 28th. PERFECT!!! That falls on my NEXT payday soooo.... looks like im getting for ponies and a red gyrados pikachu cosplay plush this check!!! :3

Oooo and I hope Maneiac Mayhem takes a price cut on ebay soon! Im embarassed to say this.... but I had plenty of times to get her for $50 but when i went to buy her i was too late! xD Im STILL missing her! (hides)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:51:54 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 13, 2015, 08:54:30 AM »
The day Hasbrotoyshop has the exclusives is always on a Tuesday following the Con- sometimes a week out but sometimes longer, so the 28th sounds about right.  It was nice of Hasbro to actually let us know in advance for once, the last couple of years was a nerve wracking guess!

Although not really so much for ponies.  The last two years Hasbro has made very large editions for the Pony exclusives (and Maneiac) so there was plenty for all during the first week (possibly two).

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 13, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »

That sounds like you got a steal.  In general, no one is willing to sell one for less than they paid for it, and unless you happen to find the person that got a pile and need to move them out quick, you're going to pay more for it the longer  you wait!  Better to get it early and avoid the regret. 

If you look at the completed listings on eBay, DJ is regularly going for between $30 -$45.  I even saw one auction with lots of bids that ended at $20.  The thing is that there is such a larger number of people purchasing these now (and Hasbro is making more). so there are lots more in the market.  Also, used to be, the exclusive was a unique character that wasn't released anywhere else.  Now that we are getting variations of characters that you can get elsewhere for cheaper, there isn't as much demand for the exclusive.  On top of that, Hasbro is charging the max of what a lot of people are willing to pay.  If the exclusives were $25 off the bat, I could see them holding or going up.  But most people just aren't willing to pay upwards of $50.  The ones who were willing bought them at the event themselves or off of the Hasbro toy shop afterwards.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #605 on: July 13, 2015, 09:32:27 AM »
Wow, I've never seen them give us a date ahead of time before! That's awesome!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 14, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »
I am going to merge this in with the main discussion thread :) Save any confusion about multiple discussions.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #607 on: July 14, 2015, 03:47:07 PM »
Sunset, hasbro are in no way continuing to make any of these exclusives. The amount there are, are the amount there are.  I have also noticed the dip in price on DJ.  That's because she just wasn't very popular.  Plus on top of that scalpers miscalculated her popularity based on how extremely popular muffin pony was.  So it is them that have cut the price just to get the excess stock out of their houses.

The same is unlikely to happen with either maniac or pinky chicken because they are both more popular and the scalpers didn't go stupid buying them up.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »
I'm going to go insane trying to get the MtG exclusive for my husband. I'm not so concerned about EQG Twilight since I don't think she'll sell out in seconds. Does anyone know what time they put up the exclusives? I'm always off on Tuesdays, but I want to make sure I get up early enough.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 14, 2015, 05:49:42 PM »
Sunset, hasbro are in no way continuing to make any of these exclusives. The amount there are, are the amount there are.  I have also noticed the dip in price on DJ.  That's because she just wasn't very popular.  Plus on top of that scalpers miscalculated her popularity based on how extremely popular muffin pony was.  So it is them that have cut the price just to get the excess stock out of their houses.

The same is unlikely to happen with either maniac or pinky chicken because they are both more popular and the scalpers didn't go stupid buying them up.

I'm not saying that they are going to make more of an exclusive already released.  I'm saying that they are making a larger run for the exclusives than they used to.

For the rest, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.  Time will tell.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »

Oh I think the same thing will happen- it happens every year with Hasbro exclusives unless Hasbro grossly underestimates demand (which does happen from time to time, like with the first Jem and the muffin pony).  But I don't think they will underestimate PInkie.

The people who manage to survive the 6 hour Hasbro exclusive line- buy EVERYTHING they can- including stuff they don't collect.  Then they sell it on ebay to recoup their costs.  If they don't get it up fast enough, demand wanes and then they are forced to sell just to get anything back.  It happened with DJ and Mane-iac But it can take a couple of months for prices to drop, and I usually don't have the patience to wait.  I want my exclusives as soon as possible!

Offline LadyFizzy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • dreamstobecome.com
« Reply #611 on: July 15, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »
Hmmm... the Chicken costume and packaging is super cute, but definitely not as exciting an exclusive as I'd have hoped for. :\ I remember totally wigging out over the Muffins exclusive... *fondly glances at her still in box on the shelf* Ahhhhh them's were the days.
Ahoy! I'm back after a long absence. :P

Sig by ShinePaw
Profile pic by Kanthaka

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »
Oh btw. This is the hasbro SDCC bag this year:

And with my 5yo as a size reference.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
THEY'RE UP!!! I just got mine ordered!! Go go go! ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #614 on: July 28, 2015, 09:20:56 AM »
I checked my bank account and it charged me $62 for chicken pinkie pie but I havnt gotten an order confirmation yet.... :S

I hope Sci Twi is still availible on Thursday! I dont have enough for both atm X__x Mane-iac Mayhem was still up for sale months after being listed online so my chances seem good!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal