collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What game are you playing? Cont.  (Read 131179 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What game are you playing? Cont.
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2016, 10:46:56 PM »
Splatoon, it rocks even though I kinda suck. DD is lovin it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »
I am SOOOOOOOOO late to the party but I bought a PS TV unit so I can play Vita games, and I will be starting Tales of Hearts R and/or Trails in Cold Steel soon.  Does anyone have any other RPG Vita suggestions?  I don't like the ones where the main goal is to be a guy and seduce as many people as you can, or dungeon crawlers, and I suuuuuuck at FPS.   

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2016, 03:42:37 PM »
I am SOOOOOOOOO late to the party but I bought a PS TV unit so I can play Vita games, and I will be starting Tales of Hearts R and/or Trails in Cold Steel soon.  Does anyone have any other RPG Vita suggestions?  I don't like the ones where the main goal is to be a guy and seduce as many people as you can, or dungeon crawlers, and I suuuuuuck at FPS.   
Hmm, a number of games I would recommend are also available on PS3 or PS4, like Ragnarok Odyssey: Ace. Definitely pick up the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, though -- there are several re-makes of the original games on PS3 and the re-makes are sooo much better! I recently started playing Hyperdevotion Noire, too, and it's pretty good, but you should have some knowledge of the series under your belt before you play it.

As for me, I've started playing Mass Effect again.

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2016, 07:07:45 AM »

If you're at all into turn-based strategy, the Disgaea series, with the notable exception of the newest one, is available on the Vita. They can be a bit grindy, but they have excellent stories, and they each have multiple stories into which you can carry your game clear data over into. Great for killing your next few hundred free time hours.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
My boyfriend bought me Yokai Watch and it's pretty good. I've been playing it off and on.
I also have Moco Moco Friends to start on the 3DS. It looks really cute. I took a long hiatus from gaming and am starting to get back into it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »
Since I lost my bf's copy of Harvest Moon, I've discovered a new game to fill its void: Stardew Valley!  Sooooooooooo addicting!  I have to remind myself not to waste this entire break on it :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2016, 11:08:20 AM »

If you're at all into turn-based strategy, the Disgaea series, with the notable exception of the newest one, is available on the Vita. They can be a bit grindy, but they have excellent stories, and they each have multiple stories into which you can carry your game clear data over into. Great for killing your next few hundred free time hours.
Oh yeah, forgot about that! Also, I forgot about one of my favorite series' which is on Vita: The Atelier series (Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, Atelier Meruru, etc.)! The only thing is that these games are download only on Vita (though they're on disc for PS3). There are actually a lot of good games that are only available for download, which initially felt to me like a major con for the Vita. I've gotten used to downloading games, though. The hardest thing to deal with is the extreme prices for memory cards. :/

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2016, 04:10:36 AM »
The memory card prices are such a ripoff. They could easily have gone with SD cards, but they had to create another proprietary card as a cash grab. Can you say "Memory Stick repeat, but for one platform" anyone?

With the release of the Automatron DLC, I'm playing a bit more Fallout 4 than I have in the last couple of months. I think that the addition of being able to modify or craft new robots is freaking awesome. You unlock new parts as you progress through the DLC by prying them from the cold, dead pincers of your robotic enemies, which I thought a nice touch. The new companion, Ada, is pretty awesome, and I eventually modded her from a Protectron up to a Sentry Bot frame, even if it killed her ability to be a closed spaces companion. I built another bot for that, currently built around a Mr. Handy frame, with triple saw blade arms for wet work and two sentry arms bearing a laser gatling and a lightning gun. The gatling and LG are new changes to the bot, as he used to have dual laser arms and do mediocre damage, but the changes beefed him up into a beast who can kill enemies faster than me if he acquires them before I do.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2016, 04:31:47 AM »
I picked up my pre order copy of Hyrule warriors legends the other day!

the compass watch is a cool little bonus item ,  not so sure it was worth the extra $50 tho. :/

slowly getting thru the campaign / story mode of the game.
its a fun little gimmick  but  I think I much prefer the traditional Zelda games.

side note,  any one here have  Tri Force Heroes ?
I'm having a hard time finding people to play with.   if you have the game and are willing to add my on skype let me know!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2016, 09:14:55 AM »
pyrodarknessanny -- I might pick up TriForce Heroes soon. I haven't decided what game to buy in April (I usually give myself a monthly video game stipend). If I do get it, I would definitely play with you! :D

Offline Agent X

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
  • "Come son of Jor-El...KNEEL BEFORE ZIM!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
Bouncing betwee Hyrule Warriors Legends and all the other games I"ve yet to complete for my 3DS and have been wasting time futzing around on Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U.
ACNL town: Woglinde DA: 4B00-0010-472B
"Half my heart in in Equestria. The other half is on Cybertron. I am so doomed."

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »
My time is divided between Fire Emblem: Fates (all three versions) and Pokemon X. I'm considering picking up Pokemon OR/AS (not sure which version yet) and I'm definitely getting Bravely Second when it releases. I've started to notice that of all my game systems, my 3DS tends to get the most use.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2016, 03:09:56 AM »
pyrodarknessanny -- I might pick up TriForce Heroes soon. I haven't decided what game to buy in April (I usually give myself a monthly video game stipend). If I do get it, I would definitely play with you! :D

Awesome!  Feel free to pm me when  you do pick it up so we can swap details

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »
I have Triforce Heroes but I didn't like it.  I got pretty far in and then just stopped.  The levels were fine but they were meant to be played with 3 players definitely, and I didn't like playing with other people.  I am old and antisocial, lol! 

I haven't used my PSTV yet.  I liked the original Atelier Iris series but didn't like the majority of the follow-ups because I don't like time management.  I just want to kill enemies.  If they happen to drop alchemy ingredients, great.  If not, fine, I'll find them elsewhere.  But I don't want to have to get a potion done within five minutes real-time or fail my school semester or whatever.  I'm thinking of playing the two new Trails in Cold Steel games since I liked Trails in the Sky.  I also picked up Sword Art Online for the PS4, which I also haven't taken out of the box yet. 

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:35 AM »
I liked the original Atelier Iris series but didn't like the majority of the follow-ups because I don't like time management.  I just want to kill enemies.  If they happen to drop alchemy ingredients, great.  If not, fine, I'll find them elsewhere.  But I don't want to have to get a potion done within five minutes real-time or fail my school semester or whatever.  I'm thinking of playing the two new Trails in Cold Steel games since I liked Trails in the Sky.  I also picked up Sword Art Online for the PS4, which I also haven't taken out of the box yet. 
The "remakes" of the games (Atelier Rorona Plus, etc.) still have time management, but it's not as bad. I know how you feel, though -- that really got on my nerves when I first played those games. When I played the Plus versions, though, I was actually able to get one of the good endings on my first try, which is almost impossible in the originals if you don't use a guide. So that's something. Another game that's both on Vita and PS3 that you might like is Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (did I already mention that one?), which is pretty fun in a "I just want to kill enemies" kind of way, though I don't like the way that you level up -- you can't really just grind to increase your level. Also, I know I didn't mention the Ys game on PS Vita -- "Memories of Celceta" is the sub-title. It's a decent game, but I feel like there may be too much enemy fighting and not enough story development in between...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal