collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 75385 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2022, 04:14:23 AM »
i managed to make my pizza!!! I got more seams done on my poncho but discovered a pain: one piece is shorter than the others!!! I'm going to have to knit an extra strip for that bit... Aside from that pretty quiet, except I had a whole broccoli to chop as I made the pizza. T he florets go on pizzas, while the stalk gets chopped up & mixed into pie filling. I don't need to do that yet, but I will later, as I still have plenty savoury pie mix.
Last night I broke a plate!!! But I've been eyeing up another in the Coffee Morning, so today I took out a load of cash & got the plate, some lentils, some coffee, some chocolate for chipping, my fave biccies & some chilli nuts, & some sugar. There were apples again, so I picked up some more. I have one apple pie filling mix left, so will have to make more pie filling soon. There was also a mini sparkle bubble lamp thing, which I like to decorate Pony houses. I think it's festive enough for the Festive Cottage. I'm also watching Festive charms, both for tree decorations & for Festive charms for my Ponies. I wonder if I should get a UK flag charm for Britannia...
I also topped up on butter, baking powder, & vanilla extract at the Coop, as well as seeing if I could get any more electricity. I bought £50 & tried to put it in the meter, but the meter's refusing it still. It's £50!!! It won't take the thing over!!! I'm so annoyed.

BC it's annoying when things don't work out xxx And I'm going to hiss menacingly at your washer until your money comes (when it does it might be an idea to find out what's up with the washer)
Frostbite YAIY!!! Well done on making food!!! I think fat is the missing thing which makes other veg burgers hold their shape when my home-made ones... squish into mush... Maybe what I need to do is mix flour & oil up so they bond into a dough, then add the other stuff I want in the burgers... perhaps I can use bread flour as it has more protein, hmmm...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2022, 06:19:11 AM »
Do you eat eggs, PBW? You can toss an egg into the veggie burger to help hold its shape. Chickpea water will do the same thing if you don't eat eggs :) I was vegan for a little while, but I did it wrong and ended up hurting myself, so I was a lacto-ovo pescatarian for 14 years. I do eat meat occasionally now. I'm very picky about it though and buy locally. Luckily, there is a German butcher in town.

Speaking of food... I haven't eaten much the last few days. I'm out of bananas and avocado, so my smoothies have been more like drinks which I like less.

I'm waiting to hear back from my swap partner about something for the custom. I can't work on it anymore until I hear back. So instead I'm going to work on making a sheep for my mom :) I got these lovely shades of blue and purple locks. They are way nicer than the orange I used for my big sheep. I think I've found where to buy locks from now on.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2022, 03:05:50 AM »
I'm going off eggs. Will think about the chickpea water (I've heard good things). I still take dairy (milk & cheese are hard to give up & butter is so good for everything baking). One of the reasons I'm doing home baking is I can get eggless bakery that way. Got to love eggless cakes & muffins!!!
BC I read all your posts & hope that last niggle about your Dad gets sorted & you get paired with the right cat when the time is right for both you & the cat xxx And I hope you hear back from your partner too xxx

I managed to knit an extension strip for the too short piece & sew it on, now I just have to integrate it into the rest & I'll be done!!!
Aside from that not much in the house because I had coffee in the morning, drew out £30, & bought that plate & a load of other stuff too!!! Then I got the messages in the Coop I needed & returned home. After that I had a visitor round. She said she was hungry so i gave her a homemade cinnamon roll. She loved it!!! She said she's allergic to oranges & pulses, so I'll have to be careful with stuff. I wonder if she has a lemon allergy too (if so I may have to ensure anything I offer her has vinegar & not lemon juice in it). The cinnamon rolls didn't need that for their recipe though. Anyway, was so busy with that, the only other thing i managed to do not called eating food was order a new pocket vest from eBay (i practically live in pocket vests outside the house & the current one has all the zips broken so...)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:14:25 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2022, 04:31:34 AM »
Thanks, PBW :hug:

I did hear back from my partner :)

I'll be going to my parent's house today. My mom wants to see me and my dad might be released today (but he says that every day). I have to pick up Mousie's ashes too. I'm excited to see the pawprint keepsake I ordered.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2022, 02:16:12 AM »
Any time BC, & glad you heard back from your partner too.

I finished my poncho!!! Will edit soon to add piccie of it. It's so cosy & fits great, & does exactly what I need it to do. Aside from that I had a quiet time, then crashed out for literally AGES!!! I got up a few times to answer the door, go to the bathroom, things like that, but was mostly in bed burrowed down & snuggling Bakana. Oh, one other thing. I managed to wash my hair, flannel down my body, & change my nightshirt. Now got some laundry on

Piccie edit:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 09:55:54 AM by Ponybookworm »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2022, 05:02:50 AM »
Congrats on finishing :) Sometimes we all need to sleep or rest for a while. It's important to listen to your body.

Today I'll be working on my swap custom more. It's taking ages to texture it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2022, 03:46:28 PM »
i've been a little tired lately. i had the day off today. was supposed to take my partner to the doctor for an appointment we scheduled a few months ago. ended up moving the appointment because the doctor was going to be out of town. but i kept the day off anyway. ended up working some though. i logged in for a meeting that i couldn't skip and then had to answer a bunch of chats.

but good news they're going to start putting up our solar panels and batteries on Monday :) hopefully everything goes well. this is our first big home project and i'll be paying it off for a long long while.

also i need to go back to my parent's house tomorrow to help them with their passwords and phones. i need to try to drag my mom out of the house soon. my dad is worried that she doesn't want to do anything.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #277 on: September 23, 2022, 08:05:48 PM »
I went to work, I keep being about 20 mins late every day but I seem to have got stuck in a rut. I found mushrooms on the site where I work so I spent half an hour picking mushrooms. Finding the first mushrooms of the year is very exciting for me! Congrats on your projects BC and PBW! Hope the solar panels go well for you Beth, and that your Mum's OK.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #278 on: September 23, 2022, 09:38:31 PM »
Nah, don't congratulate me :P I'm starting the custom over. Something happened when I baked it that now I can't fix. I've still got a month. If I work each day I should be able to finish in time. I'll be doing the same idea, but going about it differently. I'm also making a sheep for my mom.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2022, 09:16:08 AM »
Beth, new solar panels!!! I'm excited for you!!!
BC shame the Custom broke, & hope you manage it this time. I saw your blue sheep though, cute!!!
Artie I LOVE mushrooms!!! Though I hope you know your way around them well enough. I wouldn't dare go mushroom picking without a fungus book on hand...

Aside from sorting laundry, not been doing much really. I did get the recycle bin out on the alternate day yaiy!!! And also managed to get it back in!!! Meanwhile packages have been arriving. I have flour again!!! The new pocket vest is a bit tight, so will see what I can do about that... Have been catching up on sleep though...

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2022, 11:16:40 AM »
Beth, new solar panels!!! I'm excited for you!!!
BC shame the Custom broke, & hope you manage it this time. I saw your blue sheep though, cute!!!
Artie I LOVE mushrooms!!! Though I hope you know your way around them well enough. I wouldn't dare go mushroom picking without a fungus book on hand...

Aside from sorting laundry, not been doing much really. I did get the recycle bin out on the alternate day yaiy!!! And also managed to get it back in!!! Meanwhile packages have been arriving. I have flour again!!! The new pocket vest is a bit tight, so will see what I can do about that... Have been catching up on sleep though...

Cool, I actually found the best mushrooms of my life in Scotland. Hedgehogs, chanterelles and cep, none of which I've ever found in England. Here it's field mushrooms mostly and the odd puffball. The closest I've ever found to cep here is birch boletes.

Humm, today today. I did getting  COVID vaccination. Before that I painted doors. One of them is now a blackboard for when we have a small person to entertain. I also made flapjacks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 11:22:42 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2022, 11:53:18 AM »
Yuck, mushrooms are gross :P

PBW, the custom didn't break. Part of it sagged in the oven because I didn't anchor it well enough and it was too heavy. I'll probably keep it and do something with it later, but it's not stable enough to send to someone else. One light breeze and it'll fall backwards, and that's after I weighed it down.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2022, 11:59:05 AM »
Oh no!!! That still sounds so annoying!!! Here's hoping it doesn't go to waste xxx
Artie OUCH!!!  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

More laundry sorting, package sorting, & a quiet day. I plan to make more ginger biccies later & start on the socks...

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2022, 01:57:52 PM »
i'm having a quiet day too. i trimmed the basil. planning to repot soon. i need to look up how to do that without killing it. luckily i've been on a planter buying spree so i have a large pot.

we were able to help my parents with their logins yesterday. the culprit turned out to be a poorly coded website :huh: my dad gets super frustrated now with technology that doesn't work as advertised. then he gets to listen to me rant about why that is. my mom seemed better. we're going to have dinner next weekend.

i got Luna another harness since she destroyed the last one. when i put the new one on her she ran into the other room and was trying to free herself. she's definitely a strong willed dog.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2022, 02:06:37 PM »
my dad gets super frustrated now with technology that doesn't work as advertised. then he gets to listen to me rant about why that is. my mom seemed better.

That sounds very companionable actually  :P I'm glad you're Mum is feeling a bit better. Maybe your visit cheered her up.

:hug: thank you PBW! I needed a lot of sleeping and cuddles today, I'm feeling a bit poorly. I'm trying not to worry about the baby.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal