collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystery paper in Gusty  (Read 8858 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mystery paper in Gusty
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 04:57:30 PM »
I got a translation!!

It's possible that it's a name, but the symbol literly means either "fix" or "dried meat" depending on context. That is much cooler than just a standard "Joe the inspector" QC tag of you ask me!

Now if that were my pony Id be inspecting her to try to figure out what they fixed ;)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!  :biggrin:

I am going to go and have a really good look at her later when I get home... as you say this is way cooler than "Joe the inspector". And the note was sealed up inside her. Wow...

Of course it might be more "dried meat" than "fixed", hmmmmmm.

Pony jerky anyone?

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2017, 07:16:20 AM »
(pause to get image of pony jerky out of head)

I did have a look at Gusty; really cannot find anything out of the ordinary about her except that her body is really yellowed and her symbols have glitter loss. There doesn't seem to be anything obviously 'repaired'. All I can think is perhaps they replaced her tail? And yet why would that occasion writing a note about it and sealing it up in her to celebrate the fact?

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2017, 07:18:05 AM »
(pause to get image of pony jerky out of head)

I did have a look at Gusty; really cannot find anything out of the ordinary about her except that her body is really yellowed and her symbols have glitter loss. There doesn't seem to be anything obviously 'repaired'. All I can think is perhaps they replaced her tail? And yet why would that occasion writing a note about it and sealing it up in her to celebrate the fact?

Maybe it was initially something with her head being loose or the placement off??

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2017, 07:31:07 AM »
Maybe, her head was in the normal position and glued in place when I received her. Perhaps it was on incorrectly? That could definitely have been possible. Though again - why seal up that darned mysterious piece of paper inside her?

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2017, 07:33:56 AM »
Maybe, her head was in the normal position and glued in place when I received her. Perhaps it was on incorrectly? That could definitely have been possible. Though again - why seal up that darned mysterious piece of paper inside her?

Sounds like something I would do honestly. Have the pony in two pieces already have to move somewhere else, maybe carrying a bunch of stuff and I'd totally stuff the paper in the pony so I don't lose it and then forget about it.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »

Sounds like something I would do honestly. Have the pony in two pieces already have to move somewhere else, maybe carrying a bunch of stuff and I'd totally stuff the paper in the pony so I don't lose it and then forget about it.

True. I could see that happening too.

Or perhaps they were new and she was the first pony they ever fixed. And they were really proud of fixing her so put the paper inside as a sort of secret 'I did that'.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17:31 AM »

Pony jerky anyone?

oooohhhhhhh, THATS what munchy made her hotdogs and burgers out of  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »

Pony jerky anyone?

Munchy just went silence of the lambs on us there

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »
I would guess something on the body needed to be fixed, and the note was sticking up through her neck opening, and was supposed to have been pulled out by whoever fixed whatever it was(maybe her symbols got missed? maybe she got the wrong color tail at first?  are her symbols right or are they reversed on her NDS?)  Only instead of pulling it out, it got pushed inside, and not noticed when it was time to attach her head. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2017, 01:13:25 PM »
Darn. It's clearly not a treasure map. :/
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2017, 01:03:10 AM »
I would guess something on the body needed to be fixed, and the note was sticking up through her neck opening, and was supposed to have been pulled out by whoever fixed whatever it was(maybe her symbols got missed? maybe she got the wrong color tail at first?  are her symbols right or are they reversed on her NDS?)  Only instead of pulling it out, it got pushed inside, and not noticed when it was time to attach her head. :)

I will check her symbols against my other Gusty tonight - wasn't feeling too well last night so just didn't get there. I am also seeing one of my friends tonight who also collects MLPs and will ask her if she can see anything out of the ordinary... check back with you tomorrow  :)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »
Firstly: apologies for the late reply... it is winter here and I have been ill.

Anyway, on to more important matters... both my friend and myself had a really REALLY good look at Gusty. We compared her to my other Gusty. We examined her from every angle. And no, we cannot find anything that might have been 'fixed' by our mystery repairer. Incidentally neither did we discover any dried meat of any description secreted away in her anywhere  ;)

But, in case you would prefer to judge for yourselves, here are the promised photos:

Do not panic... here is her real tail. Daddy Sweet has stolen it on account of arriving without one of his own. Naughty Boy!

I am thinking about rehairing her - hence the white tail. Trying out the New Look and all.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:16:20 AM by NightGliderSA »

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 07:05:24 AM »

Pony jerky anyone?

Munchy just went silence of the lambs on us there

Quick! Someone make a silence of the lambs poster but with munchy!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »

More interestingly to me is the fact those labels are written in traditional script, not simplified. Characters like 號 stand out for that. Mainland China predominately uses simplified Chinese script and have since the 1950s. Hong Kong, however, I *think* use traditional script. Gusty was made in Hong Kong, so that makes sense. I wouldn't like to guess if it is Cantonese or Mandarin, though. That is beyond me ;)
Cantonese and Mandarin share a written language, that's part of why most Chinese cinema is subtitled in charictors since they are relatively universal for the Chinese population.

The Canto using more complicated charictors *might be related to it's extra tones (Mando has 4, Canto has 9 I think). that's just my guess however.

Sorry, that was me being confusing. The reason I didn't know which language it was was because they use the same characters. But they use traditional characters for Mandarin in Taiwan, which is why I wasn't sure.

I am thinking about rehairing her - hence the white tail. Trying out the New Look and all.

If she is factory something or other, maybe she's worth preserving as she is?

It occurred to me she might have been a test sample or something, something they tried out things on like how much the symbols rubbed or whether the hair came out. Although it is more likely it was sent as a sample somewhere and ended up in a family's hands. Maybe all such samples had paper inside. We just don't know because we don't have them to hand or haven't decapitated them yet?

Wow, how dark this thread has become, with silence of the lambs, decapitation and spider nests O.O.

There are so many weird little mysteries that we will probably never be able to resolve. I am going to assume that either the guy was hungry or that was his surname...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:39:40 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2017, 11:56:30 AM »
What an interesting find! My best guess would be it was slipped inside of her in the factory, maybe an accident, maybe on purpose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal