collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on G4.5 ponies?  (Read 14450 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on G4.5 ponies?
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »
I don't know about them. There is something about them that makes them look weird, I think it's their heads.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:03:36 PM by DappledHazel »

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »
I don't really like them.. I had a bunch when I was younger so I guess I used to like them. I do own some but they were given to me. Out of all my childhood MLP, only a G4.5 was found, I have to admit it was pretty difficult to get rid of it even though I don't really like that generation..

are you thinking of g3.5? : O
4.5 was just released like two months ago! they look like this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »
I don't really like them.. I had a bunch when I was younger so I guess I used to like them. I do own some but they were given to me. Out of all my childhood MLP, only a G4.5 was found, I have to admit it was pretty difficult to get rid of it even though I don't really like that generation..

are you thinking of g3.5? : O
4.5 was just released like two months ago! they look like this:

Oops! Yep, I was thinking of G3.5! I thought "G4.5" looked different but I googled it and G3.5 came up. I'm not really familiar with all the .5 ones. My bad.

I'm gonna edit the original lol, oops.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »
I rather liked them until I saw one in person - the hair is nowhere near far enough down their heads, their eyes are all printed down too low, and their legs look great from the side but from behind or in front they look too flat.  I might pick some up for customs but not any to keep.  I wish they'd go back to sculpted eye sockets.  :(

That cost Hasbro money and effort and they can't have that.  :poke:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
They look a little goofy, but cute! I was shocked when I set up cable a couple weeks ago, turned on CN and saw a pony ad on TV. They look pretty different but I honestly like the dynamic poses and different faces, even with all their problems.

Haven't seen any in person yet, and despite liking them I don't think I'd actually buy any; I've moved on from G4 brushables to EG minis. (Their molded hair is so cute! Plus they're poseable!)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2017, 04:52:14 PM »
Also, they look so cheaply made that I would resent spending the money on them when Hasbro can't be bothered to make a decent product  :(

Unfortunately I've noticed a trend across the board of companies making their stuff lower quality for the same price or even worse lowering the price and making the quality even lower. I think along with costs going up the economy isn't doing super great and maybe parents aren't as willing to spend more money for higher quality toys like they used to. Rather than raise the price a few bucks they keep making the ponies smaller and their hair more sparse.

I rather liked them until I saw one in person - the hair is nowhere near far enough down their heads, their eyes are all printed down too low, and their legs look great from the side but from behind or in front they look too flat.  I might pick some up for customs but not any to keep.  I wish they'd go back to sculpted eye sockets.  :(

That cost Hasbro money and effort and they can't have that.  :poke:

Costs have gone up so any way they can streamline the process helps I guess.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2017, 05:12:31 PM »
Well, Target finally had more than just Lyra for me to examine - Fluttershy and Cherilee were there too. Cherilee's one leg looks tacked on, the rear legs are oval-shaped and much thinner than the forelegs, and the space between said rear legs is crazy wide, with funky indents before the rear legs start. That's just all kinds of cray-cray. I suspect that if I do invest in them, I'll be making merponies (and therefore cutting the weird back legs off). :crazy:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2017, 08:39:22 AM »
I think the bottom line for Hasbro is that they more closely match the show and little girls (4 year olds, 5 year olds, up to 8 maybe 10 years old?) will instantly recognize these new 4.5s as being right from the show without a doubt.  As much as I love the G4, I think the show-match recognition was based largely on the packaging art.   It's almost like Hasbro designed G4s before Lauren finalized her designs and now seven years later Hasbro has caught up.

Anyway these look great on store shelves and that's why they are produced.  my2c.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »
I think the bottom line for Hasbro is that they more closely match the show and little girls (4 year olds, 5 year olds, up to 8 maybe 10 years old?) will instantly recognize these new 4.5s as being right from the show without a doubt.  As much as I love the G4, I think the show-match recognition was based largely on the packaging art.   It's almost like Hasbro designed G4s before Lauren finalized her designs and now seven years later Hasbro has caught up.

Anyway these look great on store shelves and that's why they are produced.  my2c.

Yeah, because little girls totally won't be able to recognize the gazillion and tenth Rainbowdash or anything Fluttershy Hasbro. You must think kids have goldfish memories or something. Quit making the Bore Six. Everyone and their grandmother has at least one of these.

(I'm griping at Hasbro, not you Gabumon)

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »
I actually really like them a lot, and while they've missed the mark a little by making Lyra's eyes too close to her muzzle and Cadance's eyes too small, I'm hoping they'll rectify this with future releases and I've been buying them. So far I have Celestia, Philomena, Cadance, Shining Armor, Baby Flurryheart, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Lyra, Rarity and Twilight and I'm fond of all of them :) I feel if Cadance had a crown she'd look far better. It's that bare forehead that's making her look sad. But so far it's been reeling me back into My Little Pony again, which is nice. I was seriously hating the Rainbow Power and random tattoos. These new toys are the most show accurate thus far and I feel like they put forth a good effort designing them. Plus, how can I possibly complain with all of these different and interesting moulds??

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
I really love the new molds! they're so cute and full of character. I can't wait until they do non main six ponies. Anybody have any tips on how to style their hair tho? Particularly rainbow dash? I got her for easter and her goggles are so cute but she doesn't look right with long hair!

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2017, 09:06:19 AM »
Haven't been following MLP toys for a while, so I was super surprised when I walked into the MLP aisle a couple days ago, haha. Not a fan of them, at least right now. My eyes need to get used to the new look, heh.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
I actually really like them a lot, and while they've missed the mark a little by making Lyra's eyes too close to her muzzle and Cadance's eyes too small, I'm hoping they'll rectify this with future releases and I've been buying them. So far I have Celestia, Philomena, Cadance, Shining Armor, Baby Flurryheart, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Lyra, Rarity and Twilight and I'm fond of all of them :) I feel if Cadance had a crown she'd look far better. It's that bare forehead that's making her look sad. But so far it's been reeling me back into My Little Pony again, which is nice. I was seriously hating the Rainbow Power and random tattoos. These new toys are the most show accurate thus far and I feel like they put forth a good effort designing them. Plus, how can I possibly complain with all of these different and interesting moulds??

Trust me their eyes getting smaller could only be a good thing.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
It's probably gonna be on another thread - but on tumblr I saw a new G4.5 Luna!  though her cutiemark was backward! LOL

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »
It's probably gonna be on another thread - but on tumblr I saw a new G4.5 Luna!  though her cutiemark was backward! LOL

It was? Oops!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal