collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best way to pack/store ponies?  (Read 647 times)

Offline MusicCat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Best way to pack/store ponies?
« on: December 28, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
So my dad's house is being foreclosed (don't worry; my parents are divorced and I'll just be at my mom's) and the majority of my pony collection is over there. I've gotta get my ponies out asap or they'll be put in the street. I don't know how long they'll have to be stored, as there's no room for them at my mom's and my dad's gotta find a place (even then it might be small). Anyways, what's the best way to pack up my collection? Aside from my ponies (mostly G1 and G3) I've got an almost complete Paradise Estate with it's original box that I don't know what to do with either ;n;

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Best way to pack/store ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 11:52:16 AM »
Plastic storage bins. The ponies can be individually packed in white sandwich bags or paper towels or even open plastic bags so that they don't directly touch each other to avoid staining. Also don't stuff the tubs too full so they won't push each other into faulty positions. If you have to stack the boxes it might be a good idea to drill some aeration holes into them so the ponies get to breath. Some people I've heard using packs of silica gel in their storage tubs. Good luck with the move! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:47 AM »
I am so sorry about your Dad! I hope he has somewhere he is able to go to get everything sorted.

Pack the PE back in its original box with some packing peanuts if you can get your hands on them and protect any parts that will break with a little bubble wrap. The boxes were designed for the sets to be carted around in after all so best to make use of it and it will be perfect for the set.

As for your ponies; a lot of it is going to depend on how quickly you need to get them packed up as well as how long they need to be away for. Not to mention how much you can spend or have to hand to pack. If you can get each pony into its own zip lock bag and then simply pack them in boxes (preferably plastic but cardboard if necessary) making sure not to put too many layers on top of one another (as ponies can be squished out of shape by too much weight) that should be fine for the short to medium term. Leave the zip lock bags open and ensure that if you are packing in an air tight plastic container you punch some holes at the top of the box for air flow. If you dont have enough zip locks, wrapping the ponies in kitchen roll (sorry the US name for this eludes me :P) works just as well :)

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MusicCat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 12:36:13 PM »
Thanks guys!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:28 PM »
I always put my girls in ziplock baggies. They have them in 50 packs at the dollar store right now. For my T.E. girls and anyone else with sensitive jewels etc I cover them in a few layers of paper towels. My rare ponies get silica gel packs in the baggies to prevent any moisture/cancer... and then I place all the baggies in a plastic Rubbermaid type bin... and add a few more cilica gel packs to the bottom of that... just incase!

Good luck! I hope you're able to get your girls back on display before too long! Leave a pony or two out or you'll miss them wayyy too much :)
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 07:51:10 AM »
Yup, ziplock bags are the best way to pack them away. I still have loads of mine in plastic storage bins in the loft. I go and check on them once a month to check that theres no hold or anything like that and they have been fine and have been in bags for about 11 month now :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal