collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Squee! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to be published as a book this summer  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
So, what's being released is a script not an actual book?  Also, someone who is a harry potter fan who I think with says she saw an article that this book or script might not be released after all.  Sorry I don't know where she saw it otherwise I'd show a link if I could.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
It's a script yes. Not a novel.  A book is bound paper.  So yes, it is a book, but it's not what you might have originally thought when you thought new Harry Potter book.  It's basically just meant to allow a greater audience to be able to know the story of the play.

And I've heard nothing about it not being released.  Preorders are still being advertised on various official sources.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
It's a script yes. Not a novel.  A book is bound paper.  So yes, it is a book, but it's not what you might have originally thought when you thought new Harry Potter book.  It's basically just meant to allow a greater audience to be able to know the story of the play.

And I've heard nothing about it not being released.  Preorders are still being advertised on various official sources.

OK so it's like The Crucible.  It was made into a book but it was basically a line by line of script, what people said then description which said what was happening in the next scene or something like that.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
*walks in late for the party* Oh! I didn't know there was a thread on this!   :blink:

I've been EXCITED as bleeeeeeeeep since when I saw a poster for it at Barnes and Noble! My little sister (not really my sister but she is still MY sister no matter what)  is the store manager at one in Indiana and she texted it to me shortly after her birthday and I ran to the nearest one to see the book cover on the poster! We are both huge HP universe nerds! In fact it has really kept us close since CPS split us up as kids. We take a secret trip to the Harry Potter World in Universal every 3 years or so now, she just went without me last summer and I'm going this summer! As kids, we lived together with her grandma and all we asked for on every Xmas was one gift- the newest HP book on paperback. We took turns reading chapters every time a book came out, up until Order of the Pheonix. Harry Potter brings back amazing memories for me as a kid! Our grandma always took us to go see movies!

My little sister has an amazing collection of country exclusive HP book covers including some LE box sets and candy wrappers/containers from Honey Duke's! For Xmas I got her the Time Turner necklace!

So yeah I'm REALLY excited this is sort of like the 8th book read as a play. It will be similar like the play Anne Frank book I read in middle school! I like books like that! *waits impatiently for July to arrive*
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:45:59 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hmm, after reading more, I'm not so sure.  I wish it was an actual "book" - not sure I will enjoy a script for a play- Kindle has be advertising this to me (obviously something I would normally buy) - but I am holding off on pre-ordering until I hear more.

I also haven't been interested in the "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"  -  I just want an actual story.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
The theatre here in London where the play is being staged was putting up its posters and its...well, I'm not sure what it was, since it was still wrapped in paper, but it looked like a nest with wings...over the door/entrance. It's a theatre I go past regularly, and this has happened since Monday, so I guess they're gearing up for opening night. Can't be far away now - which means, I guess, the book release is quite imminent too?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal