collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Squee! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to be published as a book this summer  (Read 3792 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
where does the story fit in the hp universe?

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I heard a while ago it was going to be a prequel of some sort, before Harry went to Hogwarts.  Whenever it's set, suuuper excited!!!  J K Rowling is such a legend for giving us more HP :heart:

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
I heard a while ago it was going to be a prequel of some sort, before Harry went to Hogwarts.  Whenever it's set, suuuper excited!!!  J K Rowling is such a legend for giving us more HP :heart:
I think you're thinking of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
I'd be interested if it was after or during the main bulk of the series.
ron's my favorite character. so him not being in it. dulls the appeal. at least for me.

i'd be curious to see a story about Harry's second son though.
ok just got more info.
it takes place 19 years later. but my question is. 19 years after they get out of school? or 19 years after the epilogue....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:16:53 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Book = yes! Curious to see where this goes

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Well, I googled and according to Vanity Fair, this is the official synopsis:

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children. While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/harry-potter-new-book-8-jk-rowling-summer-cursed-child

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
I'm a big harry potter fan, but never did Pottermore or anything like that, because I heard you have to pay for the membership. I've read all the books but didn't start reading them well after all the movies were out.

I don't know anything about this book.  How did you guys find out about it?  Also, I know someone here asked if it takes place after The Deathly Hollows and it was answered yes so my extension of that question is is this book about Harry's son?  I remember reading that before the end of The Deathly Hollows Part 2 Harry had a first son named James then at the end of The Deathly Hollows Part 2 Harry sends off to school his second son Albus (but at the time I didn't know that Harry had a son before Albus).  So, if this is a book about Harry's son going to Hogwarts, which son would it be about?

It's just been going around the Internet.  I think pottermore announced it.  It isn't a novel though, just so everyone is aware.  It's the script for the play. 

And while we don't know a lot about it, it's set 19 years after deathly Hallows (as in the bit when they were kids,  not the bit that was set last year), and it's main characters are Harry, Ron and Hermoine.  And the story revolves around something to do with Harry's youngest son, Albus.

I have tickets to the play and I've preordered the book.  Super excited! 

Oh and also... Not written by JK Rowling though she has said its a cannon part of the HP universe and the official sequel.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:28:49 PM by xeevee »

zenith

• Trade Count: (0)
I've always been a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, though I never could get into anything like Pottermore...

Still, it'll be awesome to have something new to look forward to reading! :D

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
oh good Albus was the one of the kids i was curious about.
i don't much care for plays, they make me nervous. but i get the feeling my sister will want to go, and as the closest she has to a fellow fan, i'll probably end up going.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
oh good Albus was the one of the kids i was curious about.
i don't much care for plays, they make me nervous. but i get the feeling my sister will want to go, and as the closest she has to a fellow fan, i'll probably end up going.

At this stage the play is only on in London and pretty much sold out until early 2017.  It's also not one play it's two.  They show one as a matinee and then the next as an evening on some days and then there are two days that only have one show, and for one of those it's the first and the next it's the second.

It's possible/likely that it will also show on Broadway, and possibly even tour.  Like seriously the play sold out a years worth of tickets in a week.  So it's pretty popular.  But at this stage they seem to be selling it as a kind of short term London special even.  Personally, if you don't like plays, I wouldn't let your sister drag you to London to see two in a row :P

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
XD true. well they are planning on going to London next year. i should tell her about it just in case.
doubt they'll get tickets, but i can see her being excited.

so will they release a book of it or no?

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
There is a book.  But the book is just the script.  It's not a novel.  Will it become a novel?  No idea, I would say not.  They certainly have never said it will be, and JK Rowling has made this big statement saying how it's not a novel.  But things could change... Who knows?

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
hmmm wonder if there will be an audiobook.
i've never read hp, but i did listen to the audios.
too much of a time commitment to read, but i can listen to them while i sew or work on customs.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Having been dragged to see Platform 9 3/4 when they were moving it all over King's Cross during the building 4 years ago, I am already imagining my Indian friend will yell and screech about this if she doesn't already know...because she's stuck in Delhi. Although if it hadn't sold out so fast, I might have used it as a bribe to make her visit.

I'm not too fussed about HP, it's kinda fun, and if tickets are available, being here in London over the summer, I'd maybe go - but I'm not going to go mad trying to get them.

Looking at the site, and the theatre where it is, it's right in the heart of the Theatre area of London, and it's not uncommon for plays and such to be extended if they're popular. Les Mis has been running 30 years without stop, and Wicked just got extended again. But then some things do run on a limited run and I wonder whether it will pull out of the UK in 2017 to move to America. The chances of it not going to Broadway, given the global popularity, I would think are slim.

Unless, of course, there's the same situation as with Wicked, where both countries have their own casts performing simultaneously.

I actually don't know where Platform 9 3/4 ended up, come to think of it. Although I learned that it's actually based on something from Glasgow station, so God only knows why it ended up being KX.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:42:00 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if it's he same thing your talking about, Taffeta.  But there is a platform 9 and 3/4 to see in KX.  Has he sign and a trolley pushed halfway through the the wall.  It's in kings cross because that's where it's featured in the books and people were always going there and getting in the way even with nothing to see.  So they made something to see that isn't in everyone's way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal