collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony fanfic (not just FiM)  (Read 7410 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Pony fanfic (not just FiM)
« on: February 19, 2013, 05:26:32 PM »
Hello there, everybody! Fanfic is my primary intrest in pony, but few older gen fans seem interested in it. Does anyone here have an interest in non FiM mlp fanfics? Have you written any yourself? And what are your favorite Pony stories? g1? g3? MLP tales?

(Hate to bring up this old and worn-out topic, but this seems to be the only place/way/thread to talk about Pony Fanfic around here.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:42:49 PM by Firehooves »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Pony fanfic
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »
I like fanfics. Not FiM ones though, I'm so sick of that show/brony fanbase. xDD I've written quite a few fanfics about all the generations together (Never post em though, I keep my stories to myself 80% of the time) and I've found a few internet ones that interest me.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony fanfic (not just FiM)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »

I like fanfics alot, it took me a while to like them, (I write but I always use to consider fanfiction not ture writing) But I get it alot better now, (I've even thought about writing one but I'm a bit too scared too.) I pefer MLP ones to be per G4 only because so many people take them so seriously and fanfiction is just a spin off another thing.

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:57:36 PM »
I like fanfics. Not FiM ones though, I'm so sick of that show/brony fanbase. xDD I've written quite a few fanfics about all the generations together (Never post em though, I keep my stories to myself 80% of the time) and I've found a few internet ones that interest me.

Cool! Yeah, I'd love to see more stories than just FiM stuff... that's what most of it is though.   :( FiM fic is awesome, I just wish there was more variety.

I like fanfics alot, it took me a while to like them, (I write but I always use to consider fanfiction not ture writing) But I get it alot better now, (I've even thought about writing one but I'm a bit too scared too.) I pefer MLP ones to be per G4 only because so many people take them so seriously and fanfiction is just a spin off another thing.

Yeah, FiM fic is great, when it's written right.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:59:19 PM by Firehooves »

Tirac

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
I write G1 fanfics and even do G1 roleplays with my friends.
I haven't posted any of my fanfics though. They're either really boring, really repetitive or grimdark.
I might write a good one that doesn't suck and upload it somewhere, but I don't see it happening soon.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 11:27:56 PM »
I try and include earlier generation ponies in G4 fics (and my screen name is on Fimfiction is a G3 nod).  Not sure if we're allowed to link to Fimfiction or not so I haven't shared them here.  That said, I've never written anything specifically for an earlier generation (though I do have a mostly G3 fic in progress).
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »
i'm in the middle of writing one. mostly g1 character, but i'm adding some g4 to the mix. makes it more fun

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:44:07 PM »
Not my particular cup of tea to be honest but I know lots of other people enjoy it. And it can be cute when written right :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
I don't read much fanfiction of any series, mostly because I seem to wind up finding the ones with the  storyline that is essentially about a poorly developed FC/OC who falls in love with the author's favorite character  :zzz:

But if anyone here can point me in the direction of a nice G1 fanfic (preferably based on the actual ponies rather than FCs) I'd be interested in reading it :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
I don't read much fanfiction of any series, mostly because I seem to wind up finding the ones with the  storyline that is essentially about a poorly developed FC/OC who falls in love with the author's favorite character  :zzz:

But if anyone here can point me in the direction of a nice G1 fanfic (preferably based on the actual ponies rather than FCs) I'd be interested in reading it :)

That is soo ture! I hate those fanfics(Which is why I stoped reading Beatles fanfiction unless it's just about the actually band, I could care less that Cindy falls in love with Ringo and he keeps her a sercert on a tiny island were they bake muffins togather every time he comes home) I don't have any bookmarked at the moment but most of the G1 fanfics I've read focus on more action and adventure.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
what's an fc?

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:50 PM »
I was thinking of writing a G1 fic that was a what if scenario where the Flutter Ponies really did lose Flutter Valley, but I just can't get it started.

I also had an idea for a G3 story where winter comes to Breezie Blossom for the first time.

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »
I can't bare fanfics of any genre or for any fandom.
But I won't go into a the as to why.

I've never crossed any pony fanfic that weren't G4 centred, not sure if want too actually *shudder*
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
my "fanfics" are pretty much all the adventures my ponies had when i was a little kid.

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
I can't bare fanfics of any genre or for any fandom.
But I won't go into a the as to why.

I've never crossed any pony fanfic that weren't G4 centred, not sure if want too actually *shudder*

Yeah, there is very little pre-G4 fic floating around anymore, though I understand there used to be more before the rise of FiM *sigh*, why couldn't I had rediscovered pony before G4?  :cry:

I was thinking of writing a G1 fic that was a what if scenario where the Flutter Ponies really did lose Flutter Valley, but I just can't get it started.

I also had an idea for a G3 story where winter comes to Breezie Blossom for the first time.

I would LOVE to read fics like that! I'm surprised more G3 fans didn't take the snippets of personailty we got in the G3 movies from several ponies (despite bronies claiming how atrocious G3 was, the ponies did have personality!) And flesh them out more! I'd love to see what fanfic writers would do with Kimono or Daffeydaisy!

I don't mean to brag, but if you want to read a decent G1 fic, check out the links in my signature! All my fics use actual G1 characters (though some are slightly modified), and doesn't really star any OC's.  I'm sure you'd like it! ^^

i'm in the middle of writing one. mostly g1 character, but i'm adding some g4 to the mix. makes it more fun

Cool!  I'd love to read it when you're finished!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal