collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plushies!  (Read 1425 times)

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
Plushies!
« on: May 19, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
Hi everyone!

i just finished making my Scootaloo plushie and thought I would share it here :)

She took AGES to finish because I had to scrap her mane a few times but I think she turned out ok in the end!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Together with Applebloom:

let me know what you think - good or bad! :)

Come visit my blog!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • DeeDee Productions
Re: Plushies!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »
Totally adorable!  :biggrin:
Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:25:35 PM »
she turned out amazing! :D mind telling me how you draft your patterns? I've been trying to find computer programs that actually work (I've tried Plushie, it crashes constantly) I've also been considering doing the 'duct tape dummy' method by making a paper mache model. The embroidered eyes are fantastic, you're really good! <3

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
Thank you :lol:  I use a pattern by Valleyviolet (etsy) which is amazing. I wouldn't know the first thing about making patterns! For mane and tails I just hand draw it! Hope that helps!  ^.^
Come visit my blog!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »
Those are awesome!!  The eyes kill me, do you have an embroidery machine or was that done by hand?

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Lavender_Lace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
Too cute!!  Now you just need to make a Sweetie Bell!

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »
Thank you everyone!

Zennabug: Their eyes are all machine embroidered :) i LOVE my embroidery machine ^^

Lavender_Lace: Sweetie Belle is definitely in the works... but the thought of pincurls terrify me!!
Come visit my blog!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
Zennabug: Their eyes are all machine embroidered :) i LOVE my embroidery machine ^^

That makes sense  :)  If you did those by hand, I was pretty sure my hands would bleed just thinking about it lol.  That's really cool, do you just scan images into the machine and let it do the rest?  I've never seen one before!

Offline cyanide

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also known as " Epic rainbow crafts "
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:54 AM »
very nice! how long did they take to make?

I wish i could work with some minky too =), but finding minky fabric in sweden is like trying to find food in a liquor shop (we have strict specific stores for that here >_< ). will have to order from the net i guess
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »
Nice work!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »

That makes sense  :)  If you did those by hand, I was pretty sure my hands would bleed just thinking about it lol.  That's really cool, do you just scan images into the machine and let it do the rest?  I've never seen one before!

There are computer programs that help convert images into embroidery machine formats (in my case .pes) It's awesome for turning all sorts of pony pictures into embroidery designs :D

Cyanide - My ponies take me anywhere between 10-16 hours each depending on how difficult their manes are! I am getting use to churning out bodies and heads but I design new manes/tails for each pony which usually involves a few attempts that are scrapped first!

Minky is also pretty hard to find in shops in Australia - I get all of mine online! It is a little difficult to colour match using a picture but if I buy enough different colours evenutally I will have the right colour for any pony :D
Come visit my blog!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »

There are computer programs that help convert images into embroidery machine formats (in my case .pes) It's awesome for turning all sorts of pony pictures into embroidery designs :D

That is so cool!  I want one now!  I could make all sorts of fun pony stuff, even custom shirts and hoodies and stuff  :)

Lavender_Lace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 08:10:48 AM »

I've been thinking about investing in an embroidery machine for this reason.  Could you recommend a good machine/program?

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
My machine is the Brother Innovis 780D.

I did sooo much research and this was pretty much my only option because I didn't want a sewing machine/embroidery machine combo (I already have a really good sewing machine) and I wanted to spend as little as possible since it would pretty much be solely for plushie making.

Every shop I went to kept raving about how Brother was the original maker of the home embroidery machine and therefore the best (I'm sure they just wanted my money but still!) which sealed the deal for me!

Some information I came across in my research - buy a machine with as big a hoop as you can afford (the 780 has 3 sizes with 5 x 7 being the largest) and use quality embroidery thread! I use Marathon thread which is cheap and really really amazing. Also keep in mind that while pretty much all machines can be linked to a computer using a usb cable, not all have the ability to take USB sticks - this was really important for me since my machine is in a different room to my computer.

The other option I was looking at was the Janome 350E (and a Bernette which turns out is a rebranded Janome 350E) but it was about $600 more and the only thing it did better was the onscreen editing of patterns.

Programs - I am using the PE 7 (windows only :( ) which is designed for Brother machines. The program is really really really really super expensive. Almost as much as the machine itself :( But it does some incredible things, most of which I haven't even worked out yet!

That is my super long post that I hope makes sense and helps! :)

*EDIT* one last thing - it is really really really really hard to hoops things that are sewn together. This might just be me but I have tried and given up on hooping singlets and tops. The only other thing I have embroidered is my bathrobe which was a struggle in itself!
Come visit my blog!

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »
I finally finished Sweetie Belle so the CMC are together at last :D

Sweetie Belle's mane and tail were a challenge to say the least! I also have the compulsive need to finish my plushies completely once I start sections so I had a very very late and often frustrating night  :lol:

Come visit my blog!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal