collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay
« on: February 27, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
Im going to be reorganizing the house this weekend to make more room and to get my husbands computer out of the bedroom. I would like to spend a little of my paycheck to get a better display setup for my dolls. Currently I am just using the cheapie $30 5 shelf book cases from Wal-Mart, but they just BARELY fit my dolls. Boys, catgirls, or werewolfs cannot even fit on the second shelf, and I really only have room to put then 2 deep. No room to make bleachers so I can see the back row.. It's so limiting.

So please, show me how you display your dolls. But please make the focus of the picture on the display materials, and not the dolls themselves. I want to be able to see your shelf, or book case, or china hutch, or table.. Whatever it is you use to display them on. The dolls can be blurry blobs in the photos :)

Thank you so much!

Also welcoming any and ALL ideas!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
My dolls are displayed on those exact same shelves that you have! I have actually rearranged the shelves to fit. I only use 3 shelves from one and two from the other. I have to keep my display up high though so my girls aren't into it. I also use the top of the shelves too. I won't bother posting pictures since you have the same shelves lol
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:13:56 AM »
Ooh. Now that you mention it, and I take the time to look closer, I see I CAN drop the shelves down lower for the shelf that was giving me trouble! I just had DVDs on the shelf below it, stacked so full that I couldn't see the holes!

I still wouldn't be adverse to a different setup, or different case :) I'd even love to see what people use for the bleacher effect.

Flanuora

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:19:27 AM »
Your shelves are the same shelves that I use to display my dolls.  Only I used a bunch of the short ones lined up.  I generally only used one shelf inside.  I don't have them all set up after our move.  I used wrapping paper to make wallpaper.  I used smaller unfinished shelves, frames, and chalkboards to decorate the walls.  I found these at Michel's craft store.  The frames can be made into windows with the right photo in them.  Then I used furniture made for the dolls to fill the rest of the space.  The display I am talking about is for bigger dolls than monster high but I don't see why it couldn't be used for them just on a smaller scale.

I want to make a new display for all my dolls too, honestly.  I think I am going to get a long shelf that I can mount higher on the walls.  It won't be so much like a doll house but it will fit over my computer so I can look at them more often.   :P

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »
http://dont.blink.ph/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/leoque-ladder-shelves-1.jpg My main display is a ladder-style bookcase much like this one, except mine has a 5th shelf near the floor. The shelves are really tall, so I can have dolls sitting on the edge of one shelf with their feet dangling over the edge. They only visually interfere with the dolls on the shelf below if I have those dolls up really high (near the bottom of the shelf above them) on risers.

For risers, I'm just using like, some kleenex boxes on one shelf (practically hidden by all the dolls in front of it), and a black cardboard box on another. (It's long, slender and rectangular because it originally held like, a curtain rod, but you could paint and fold some cardboard from any box into a shape better suited for your purpose!)

On the other shelves (the two nearest the floor), I've added some of my Monster High furniture to the display. Clawdeen's bed, for instance, is a great item to display a bunch of dolls at different heights.

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »
Please pardon the mess, I'm still moving things around.  I got these shelves from Target, then lined them with these tiny carpet doormats from the Dollar Tree to stop them from falling through. 

I love this setup!  I can weave lights around the bars to show them off better.  I'm in the process of moving the dolls shelf (They're all set up, hehe) from the shelf below.  Then my craft stuff (too much of it! @_@) will be sorted on the remaining shelves.... and beside it in the drawers... and on the other wall in another bookshelf  :blink:

Full look of my messy shelves.

Just the doll shelf!
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »
Wrenn, where did you get those adorable chairs?? They are perfect for the dolls.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »
mine are from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675/

i have the dolls on their stands in the back, and my custom pony collection in front......then the bottom row of the shelves is where we store my daughters toys....

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
Wrenn, where did you get those adorable chairs?? They are perfect for the dolls.

Oh!  Umm... I made them.  :blush:  They have an opening footrest too.  The two on the right are for my roomie, when I get around to finishing them. 

You like them?  I was thinking of making some and selling them, but I didn't know if they were good enough, and I wasn't sure what to sell them for.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Show me your Monster High Display - Just the Jisplay
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
I really love the look of that book shelf Jupiter :) about how much room is left above the dolls heads? Would deuce's mow hawk fit?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »
I really love the look of that book shelf Jupiter :) about how much room is left above the dolls heads? Would deuce's mow hawk fit?

yeah...his hawk should fit, no problem
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »
Jupiter: I love your custom ponies, they are so pretty. (completely off topic here)

I am having issues with space. currently I have a glass cabinet for my ponies and dolls, but the dolls are mostly piled on top of the cabinet. If I'm going to display the dolls out of the box, they need to be indoors so to say, because my cat is a destroyer of everything.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
Her are mine as well

I completely forgot to get a photo of the guys... But I know deuce fits!

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »
Ooh mejohnson, I love your bookshelf!  Is it the same one jupiter has?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
Mine is the expedit tv center... Which they no longer make  :(

Mine has the same type of set up as jupi's but instead of a 4x4... Mine is a 5x5 with the middle being a spot for a tv... I will get a full pic when I get home...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal