collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 44289 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #1230 on: June 01, 2013, 02:47:38 AM »
The last round of re-releases (the "re-releases only" assortments) didn't make it to Canada, either. I wonder if they're officially (or unofficially) US-only? :what:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 02:49:44 AM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 01, 2013, 03:25:40 AM »
Good to hear about the rereleases! I wish they'd release DotD wave 2.  I barely saw those dolls anywhere before they were gone.  I love that Lagoona  so much but I can't afford to pay a million dollars for her...

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1232 on: June 01, 2013, 03:36:05 AM »
Yay for another round of re-releases... of re-releases :hmm: Glad for everyone who's wanted a Holt (I don't collect boys, so no biggie for me), but why no Sig Ghoulia or Lagoona??

Oh and don't know if this has been mentioned before, but is PD Lagoona the first to have her leg fins made out of a soft plastic?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1233 on: June 01, 2013, 03:48:11 AM »
The last round of re-releases (the "re-releases only" assortments) didn't make it to Canada, either. I wonder if they're officially (or unofficially) US-only? :what:
I don't think so because Mattel Australia told me we'd be getting a bunch of boys, including Holt, here in New Zealand this year.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 01, 2013, 05:00:53 AM »
So excited... My boyfriend and I went to a comic convention yesterday and I found Ghoulia's comic club fashion pack, and Dracalaura's photography club pack! $35 for both! Then I got home and Bloodgood was on my porch!  :biggrin:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1235 on: June 01, 2013, 07:59:58 AM »
Hey guys! Long time, no see. I haven't been scrolling back too far, but I'm sure you all know that Music Festival dolls have been seen, etc. Did you know this about Venus's hair, though??
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Not my photo

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 01, 2013, 08:14:23 AM »
Hey guys! Long time, no see. I haven't been scrolling back too far, but I'm sure you all know that Music Festival dolls have been seen, etc. Did you know this about Venus's hair, though??

Not my photo

Whyyyyyy-- I don't like this weird.. heart-monitor-line--.. thingy... :<

And was her eyeshadow always this dark purple? Somehow I thought it would be black or a very very dark grey.. but maybe I don't remember it correctly. ;-;

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 01, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
I don't think so because Mattel Australia told me we'd be getting a bunch of boys, including Holt, here in New Zealand this year.

Perhaps there's hope for the rest of us too, then :D

Pretty sure MF Venus has always had the purple eyeshadow? It's always been one of my fave things about her since we saw the promo pics ^.^

I actually quite like the heartbeat pattern ... Heart "beat" at a music festival is funny :lol:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »
Ahh this Venus' makeup looks so much better than the swimline one!! Knew I should've waited a little more before bait prepping that Venus. :( Oh well. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 01, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »
Pretty sure MF Venus has always had the purple eyeshadow? It's always been one of my fave things about her since we saw the promo pics ^.^

I actually quite like the heartbeat pattern ... Heart "beat" at a music festival is funny :lol:

Ah, must be me then.. ^^;
I somehow thought she'd have really dark smokey eyes.

I guess I'll pass up on her - But all the better, I still have so many other dolls yet to buy. x_x;

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 01, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »

I guess I'll pass up on her - But all the better, I still have so many other dolls yet to buy. x_x;
I kinda thought she had smokey eyeshadow too, or at least some kind of dark translucent gray mixed with a small pinch of glitter. Then I think once the Hi-res photo was posted, it turned out to be purple. Kind of a bummer, but oh well, Venus is Venus and I must has her!!! XD

From the top of my head, the only dolls I currently need to get are Gigi, Twyla, and Ice/blob girls.

Not sure if I'm missing anyone else at the moment. (GNO Venus/MF Venus)
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 01, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »

I kinda thought she had smokey eyeshadow too, or at least some kind of dark translucent gray mixed with a small pinch of glitter. Then I think once the Hi-res photo was posted, it turned out to be purple. Kind of a bummer, but oh well, Venus is Venus and I must has her!!! XD

From the top of my head, the only dolls I currently need to get are Gigi, Twyla, and Ice/blob girls.

Not sure if I'm missing anyone else at the moment. (GNO Venus/MF Venus)

I'm not even sure I've seen the Hi-Resolution pics, maybe this is why - Maybe I'm not crazy after all. xD

I still want both Classroom 2-Packs, Gigi, Twyla, the DC-Pack, PG Tora&Frankie, the GNO line, PD Frankie ... and then POSSIBLY HHM Bloodgood, PD Gonna and Opie (for clothes), possibly 13W Goona and Howleen. And what if the EAH girls do look lovely after all? ^^;

I'm actually glad when MF does not do a thing for me, because that is actually WAY too much dolly-want as is.. XD;;

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 01, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
After soaking in the thought of EAH, and missing a day's worth of gossip, I think my enthusiasm/interest kinda stopped. I guess it was the hype that got me excited and afterwards, it just stopped for me. :P So more MH money for me! XD That and I'm running out of room for these ghouls. @,@;

What I'm mostly looking forward to at the moment are the Color me Creepy. Just to see what the final product looks like.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 01, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »
I really hope that listing on EE is the real deal, and not a fluke like some that have access to the Mattel retailer list are saying it may be. I need a new Holt!

I found out a few months ago that my mine had snapped, due to the stress the strung elastic caused on the lower torso. I have no idea when this even happened, considering he spends most of his time on his stand on display. He was one of my earlier MH dolls, and my heart sunk when I saw it.

I've tried epoxy specially made for plastics, high-strength glue, and nothing I've tried has worked. The material is just too thin, I've only made the problem worse at this point by causing the plastic crack further by messing with it. I wish I had just left it alone.

He can still stand and is held together for now, but I hate having a broken doll. I've been debating getting one of those Taobao rejects on ebay just to re-body him, but a re-release would be a much better bang for my buck. ::crosses fingers:: I know it's likely that they could be releasing him again regardless, but July would be great. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:49:45 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 01, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
I'm rather impatient so I ended up buying the two pack from someone in Canada. I just wish I could load more pictures to Flickr but it's stuck for whatever reason. I wasn't planning on keeping Abbey but she is so cute in person so she might be staying. My only issue with the two pack is that Abbey's hand is stiff with glue or something (the hand holding hand). Also, the oven mitten stained Heath's hand but I'm going to try to remove the stain when I get the chance.

Despite the minor issues, I absolutely love Heath! I'm so happy to have him. Now I just have my Twyla preorder to (hopefully) arrive and I am a happy collector.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal