collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 252786 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #1020 on: July 11, 2020, 11:15:45 AM »
Bought my kid a sew-your-own* narwhal kit from TKMaxx

*Mummy does all the sewing, grr

anyway, it turned out OK; I gave up hand stitching (the fabric was so soft and fluffy it was tricky to get any tension) so used my sewing machine, which sped things up.

I got her to write a little message so that we could pop it in with the stuffing!

She is now obsessed with this narwhal; it hasn't left her side in 24 hours...

it's all cute really!  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1021 on: July 12, 2020, 10:18:51 AM »
Butterflies all over the buddleia at last <3
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 12, 2020, 10:26:59 AM »
My parents bought me a new dress! I haven't really been able to treat myself much lately, so it is really nice. Not so tight and comfy for summer!

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1023 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »
For the first time in months I finally have ALL my medication. My new psychiatrist was appalled that whoever I spoke to on the phone from the clinic told me I couldn't get my meds refilled. She also said that I should be seen every month, since I'm a critical case. She was also able to get the pharmacy to fill my other medication, which before now, I had to get in sample packs from the clinic (and had run out of since the clinic was closed).

I have to start at a lower dose and work back up to where I was, but I'm taking everything I should be and I have plenty of refills so I won't need to worry for a while.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 15, 2020, 08:38:54 AM »
This may be a bit mean, but it made me smile nonetheless. :mrgreen:

If I ever needed proof that I am an adult, then I got it today. I live in a flat, and I heard some curious sounds under my window. When I went to find the source of the noise, I saw three kids violently beating a bush with a huge stick. Since I hate any kind of violence towards any living beings, I opened the window and yelled at them (not in an nasty way or anything, just very much to the point). They immediately turned into deers-in-headlights and bolted.

You must understand that there are absolutely no kids in my life whatsoever, so I have absolutely zero experience with interacting with children. The fact that they were actually afraid of me (just for your information, I was wearing a big floral grandma nightgown and generally look like a goody two shoes), made me feel like such a grown-up. :mrgreen:

(Of course, feeling that way makes me pathetically childish at the same time, but please just let me enjoy my moment. :P )

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 15, 2020, 12:10:30 PM »
What made me smile today was starting a new volunteering job. It's so nice to be back among my local community and working with pleasant, supportive people again, all for a good cause as well! Given how horrendous the past couple of years have been, this feels like a decisive step in a much more positive direction in life. :hope:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 15, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »
Played dnd with my friends, had a good session. My character was deemed to be too much of a liability (Large centaur on a stealth mission) so I get to play an NPC. This NPC is (unknown to the party) a double agent of the person who we are trying to take down and will probably backstab them all. I’ve never actually played a bad guy henchman, or evil characters in general. I’m kind of excited despite not having the slightest idea how to play them well. But I love the change of pace for me, and I hope I play the role well.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »
Mewtwofan1, my kid has started playing a new game online with her friends and is loving it!
Miniature Sheep, good for you!
Broken Irishwoman, grandma nightgown FTW!

So today, masked-up, I went to IKEA... and my kid actually wanted to come with me! (She normally opts to stay home as she gets bored with walking around.)

Managed to buy some bold & bloomy curtains called ROSENMOTT, (much prettier in-person than on the website photo and similar in design to some vintage drapes that I own that went nicely with my antique chaise longue). Got 2 packs as I really like the colours - and I have very wide windows so need to double-up anyway. Plus they are brand new & pristine (although my vintage drapes hold old-world charm).

While queuing... taking ages as alternate tills were closed to aid in social distancing - my kid suddenly said she REALLY missed Nandos and fancied some chicken...

now, I checked on my phone and saw that the closest one was collect-only after a web order via the app. A few weeks ago, one of my order attempts got dismissed (store too busy to accept, apparently) urgh that really peeved me... I thought about it and decided to see if I could order successfully today - bingo! My order was accepted and I had half an hour to pay and exit IKEA and pick up lunch!

We made it with 2 minutes to spare and lunch was very much enjoyed!

Oh, an Ebay purchase arrived today - a pretty gin bottle that I had fun converting into a lamp. I don't drink gin so I am happy to buy the used bottles; the project turned out well so I feel pleased  :lol:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
Bakana thinks you should have bought a sharky while in Ikea, but she would, she's my Ikea sharky lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you had a good lunch though.

Anyway, what made me smile was a successful experiment making a microwave, eggless cake mix by myself out of raw ingredients, & the first lot tasted very good!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 18, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »
Bakana thinks you should have bought a sharky while in Ikea, but she would, she's my Ikea sharky lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you had a good lunch though.

Anyway, what made me smile was a successful experiment making a microwave, eggless cake mix by myself out of raw ingredients, & the first lot tasted very good!!!

Tee hee hee, I take it you made more  ;)

I went to Hobbycraft this morning, they had a sale!  :freak:
I bought a little gadget for ten pounds (half price!) that converts from a mini ironing pad into a self_healing cutting mat and a sandpaper/moleskin bit that you can arrange patchwork pieces upon without slipping.
Here it is:
https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/assorted-quilters-multi-mat/624161-1000

So today I had lots of fun with it, a rotary cutter and going through some of my fabric stash to make a very quick quilt! Todays theme was greens, aquas and pale blues; it's a bit bright and funky and will end up on my kid's bed when finished  :lol:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 18, 2020, 04:48:53 PM »
I made some cupcakes & then made what was left into a bigger cake. Ate the bigger one first.

I bought a cutting mat myself & a set of blades & they helped me modify some of my wooden dollhouse kits. That thing looks awesome!!!

Bakana still wants to know when you're getting a >^:<
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 18, 2020, 05:28:39 PM »
The library where I work has used being closed to the public to go through everything and weed out items that are old or out of date, that aren't checking out or are in bad condition.  When items get weeded out for age or not getting checked out enough, they are set aside to be put into our book sale.  Since we are closed right now, our book sale is on hold.  But since I work there, I've been able to put my name on some items that I want and I've been able to purchase them.  One of the items I was able to buy was the Walt Disney Treasures Disney Rarities collection which has some cartoons I've been looking for for a very long time such as "Pigs is Pigs" and "The Brave Engineer."  This collection new on Amazon is over $100. The cheapest used copy is $48. Since our book sale sells DVDs for $1/disc maxing out at $3 for items with more than 3 discs, I paid $2 for it.   :biggrin: 

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1032 on: July 18, 2020, 11:01:55 PM »
I finally got to swim in the sea. Now the summer can be whatever it wants, rainy, windy, horrible or sunny. I've done what I longed for.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 20, 2020, 05:18:51 PM »
My laptop is working again!!! YES! It's been over a month!
And I'm posting this post from it!

Edit: Aaaaaand it’s broken again this morning. Rip laptop, you had a good run.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:28:13 PM by Safflower »

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 21, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »
I put a bathroom cabinet together today, and learned how to hang things on a wall using only hand tools. It's really livened up the bathroom and renewed my faith in my capacity to conquer the horrors of flat pack furniture! :lol: I also encountered an article about some young witches who have tried to hex the moon and are threatening the sun next, which was quite an entertaining read (can't remember if it was Arena-friendly, so I've erred on the side of caution and not linked to it). I'm curious to know what exactly the moon has done to deserve such treatment!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal