collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help a first time customizer?  (Read 186 times)

RaveKitten

• Trade Count: (0)
Help a first time customizer?
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
I want to try my hand at customizing some ponies but have no idea at all where to start. Any help would be very very appreciated lol I really have no idea at all what to use to paint, how to prep ponies, how to rehair.....anything lol

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help a first time customizer?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:30:14 PM »
We have excellent tutorials here in the customs forum.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,283445.0.html

I'd say start by having a look around.  Next, decide what kind of custom you want to make.  Then, if you have more specific questions I'd be glad to help.  :)

Generally: Pure acetone will take off eyes and paint for prep, most people use acrylics over dyes but everyone has their favorite brands (water down your paint and use multiple coats.  Make sure to let the pony dry in between coats or you will get lines in your paint.) 

Rehairing there are several methods.  Once I am ready and have my bait prepped and the old hair removed (I use hemostats for this), I use a doll needle.  I stick the doll needle through the plug hole, tie it off, and then pull the needle back through.  Knot stays in the head and anchors the hair.  At the end throw some glue in there and done.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:32:49 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

RaveKitten

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help a first time customizer?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal