collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Girl  (Read 44909 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: American Girl
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2016, 06:07:03 PM »
Maryellen's movie came out today!!!! Has anyone else watched it?

I was really worried after the horrible butchering of Melody's character/story/family/everything, but Maryellen's movie is just perfect. There were a couple tiny things I didn't like and I prefer the house/actress from the AG short. Still, I really loved it overall! The story was great and I loved how they weaved in the new stuff; it all felt really natural.

Not to mention all the pretty 50s stuff! The Larkins' kitchen is to die for 8D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
I can't wait to see it Taxel.  I know I will love it since this is my favorite decade.  My mother did get her dress by the way and she likes it.  I am not sure it had the impact I had hoped for but at least she was able to say how nice it was of us to send such a nice gift to her.  So, that was pretty good I guess.  I think the part that seems to be stumping her is she doesn't have the doll. I don't either and I told her I wish we both had her, but there have just been so many expenses I guess AG dolls went on the back burner for us.  I just need to save a little here and there and she will eventually arrive in my home lol.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
Yes, you'll definitely love it Tula! Its such a sweet movie.

I'm glad your mom liked the dress even if she didn't react quite the way you hoped. Maybe you'll be able to find a good deal on eBay or Craigslist for the doll :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
I think my mother's main problem is she is so stressed out about her health she can't find a way to enjoy her dolls. I think she feels at this time it would be better not to collect anymore. I kind of understand where she is coming from.  She is in her 70's now and has a lot of stuff from AG.  I think she is starting to slow down realizing she can't keep up with it anymore.  I realize that I get some of my purest doll collecting issues from her.  She has trouble having an outfit for a doll she doesn't have.  I so get that.  I am even finding it difficult to keep up with all my collections and I like my dolls to have all their stuff.  I didn't like Ivy. I felt she should have had longer hair. I loved her outfit, so I got it off of ebay for Julie. ROFLOL  I really want this doll for probably my last AG doll but, I can't afford her now. I want the puppy more.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:02:28 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »
That makes a lot of sense Tula. It reminds me of my great aunt in a way. She was so stressed about what would happen to her dolls because she's getting older. Being able to pass them on to me was such a relief for her. She doesn't have to worry about their condition or if they'll get thrown away or burn up in a house fire or anything like that. She only kept a few of her favorite dolls but she felt a lot better knowing they'll have somewhere to go.

I'm lucky I'm not a completionist! The only doll I would love a completely collection of is Maryellen, but at the same time I'd be fine missing out on a lot of her stuff. I don't need the diner (the OG one is a better deal after its painted) and clothes can always be commissioned as reproductions from a seamstress. I'm not big on her TV either, but since my boyfriend has an iPad it would be fun.

I'm also lucky Maryellen's stuff is on Amazon so I can get gift cards from Bing Rewards and Swagbucks for free to buy pieces here and there. Older dolls are a lot harder to collect ): I hope when Felicity is re-released she goes to Amazon too. I read her books a few months ago and realized she is literally me as a child! Well, maybe not as literally as Maryellen is but I would have connected with Felicity a lot since I was a horse obsessed, musical-instrument-learning tomboy. And technically she has red hair too, even if the Felicity dolls in the catalogue looked like brunettes.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
Just got Caroline Abbot back from the doll hospital this week. Found a dog chewed up limb one at goodwill for $10 so I got her all fixed up and got her original dress of ebay pretty cheap. My mom is getting her for Christmas. Just talked to dad about going in half and half on MaryEllen for her birthday. She seems super happy with Caroline. If dolls keeps her from asking for a new embroidery machine (old one is working just fine) it at least is a cheaper investment for birthdays/Christmas. Though she's back ordered til March at least mom's birthday isn't til May. But is the era she grew up in and same hair/eye color she had as a child.

After finding Caroline man have these dolls gone on a diet since Pleasant Company! lol so much more slender in the bum. Hopefully that means some of the old stuff fits easier than I remember it fitting as a kid.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline MangleCrafter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • One word: Firefly
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »
After finding Caroline man have these dolls gone on a diet since Pleasant Company! lol so much more slender in the bum. Hopefully that means some of the old stuff fits easier than I remember it fitting as a kid.
Haha that's true. Who remembers those doll dress pattern books that were for the dolls. My mom would sew those for me. I only had Felicity (the other dolls didn't quite stick with me) but my parents would buy all the books so Felicity had tons of outfits. I found a site where you can download the patterns:
http://www.agplaythings.com/AG%20Patterns/DollDressPatterns.html

Pearlinbloom

« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2016, 08:37:41 AM »
What do you guys think of the upcoming 2017 releases? I'm hoping to get Gabby, though I am disappointed in AG for just repackaging #46. The first and perhaps only black goty deserved more than just the Gwen treatment. I'm probably going to pass on Tenney based on her description, but am interested in her collection and the rumored boy doll Logan. I'm also super excited for Felicitys comeback! Her new meet is beautiful and I hope it's available separately.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
What do you guys think of the upcoming 2017 releases? I'm hoping to get Gabby, though I am disappointed in AG for just repackaging #46. The first and perhaps only black goty deserved more than just the Gwen treatment. I'm probably going to pass on Tenney based on her description, but am interested in her collection and the rumored boy doll Logan. I'm also super excited for Felicitys comeback! Her new meet is beautiful and I hope it's available separately.

I'd be very excited if they finally released a boy doll.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2016, 07:08:27 PM »

Oooo my mother will be super happy Felicity is coming back. Probably one of her favorites next to Samantha. I know she bought Felicity right before she was retired.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »
Thank you for that pattern link, MangleCrafter! :D

As for the 2017 releases, right now I'm saving up for Felicity and her books while hoping she ends up on Amazon. I read her books a few months back and fell in love. If I'd read them as a child, she's the doll I would have wanted. I'm disappointed her book covers have such brown looking hair. I really hope that's not a sign of how the doll looks. If her red hair is retconned I'm going to be furious and won't be spending a dime on any of her stuff. It was bad enough how brown it looked in catalogues when I was a kid so I had no idea she was a redhead :/

Right now I don't think I'll go for Gabby. I'll wait to see owner photos before deciding for sure but I have to keep my collection really small so I need to be super picky. I'm definitely going to get her books and mini doll. I want a few of her outfits/accessories too but it depends where they're available.

I'm meh on Tenney so far. I don't really like blondes so I try to avoid them but I'm very curious about her rumored new hand mold. That might be enough to get me to grab her and do a wig swap if I like it. Different hand molds would be huge for photography and that's my main thing. I'm fairly curious about Logan but I prefer girl dolls so I'm a bit meh about him too for now. But again the rumored hands might be enough to tip me over to buying him. I'll probably get their books since I collect them even though I'm not big on the Country thing.

Pearlinbloom

« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2016, 08:38:25 AM »
There is a picture floating around of what is supposedly the new Felicity. Her hair is more auburn than red, and she no longer has the laser green eyes. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's the real thing.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2016, 09:00:09 AM »
Ooo, where'd you see it? All I've seen are the Gabi stock photos and the obviously fake (or possibly prototype) custom "Tenney".

Pearlinbloom

« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2016, 10:46:20 AM »
I think I saw it on the AG Playthings board, but it's also popped up on a couple of blogs. This one shows her and Tenney (or the prototype)

http://smalldollsinabigworld.com/news/tenney-grant-and-felicity-possible-dolls-leaked/

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2016, 11:59:06 AM »
I really hope that's just a custom Felicity. Her hair is so brown ): The lighting isn't great but I don't see any hint of red at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal