collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

I have 3 of the 4 ponies in the School Pals set... I really want Scootaloo.  Should I

buy the set anyway.  Doubles are fine for the price.
16 (69.6%)
wait to find Scootaloo single, or loose.
2 (8.7%)
leave it for now.  She may be rereleased
4 (17.4%)
buy her single on ebay
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: A little G4 Question  (Read 2024 times)

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
A little G4 Question
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »
I have no idea what to do right now.  Silly, I know.  I said I was going to buy this set with the three fillies and Cheerilee... but I have all of the singles except Scootaloo (my husband got me the fun at the fair set with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle for Valentine's day, and I have Cheerilee's schoolhouse).  Right now it's on sale for $13.50 ending tomorrow.  I don't really want to pay the full $18, so I'm SO tempted to buy now, but feel stupid for buying a whole set like this for one silly little pony.

I haven't really been making customs, although I've thought of starting, and these would make good baits as doubles, but I just don't know.  I've been feeling guilty for buying ponies for myself lately, and haven't gotten any new ones in months (except stuff at thrift stores for 50cents or $1).

Any ideas?  Suggestions?  What do you do in this case?  I think I am so SICK of all the rereleases.  My main problem here is that I LOVE pegasi... and want them more than the others.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A little G4 Question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
You could get her in the school pals set. You could also wait till this fall and pick the three cutie mark crusaders as flower girls. Then you get scoot and doubles of sweetie belle/applebloom, but you also get accessories to go with them.

I think I might fold myself a pick the set up soon, I haven't picked it up for the same reason as you. Although I'm thinking of keeping it NIP and waiting till fall to see which cutie mark crusader set I like more, and open that one.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:20:23 PM by cesprins »

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
I'd do it. The singles sell fairly well, and you may be able to find a buyer here at the Arena. Or, like you said, customs! But that's a good price, and it's almost like you're saving enough from the regular price to buy a 5th pony, too! Or.. something. XD Do eeeet.

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
I choose other!!!  buy the set and give them to me! JK!!! ^_^  If you did get the set i might buy the rest off of you. I cant find it anywhere!!! and i just HAVE to have the babies!!! or at least one or two.....
but if you are like me, i'd leave it till i found it on sale.. :/ im a cheapskate like that! ^_^
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
If you get a double you could customize. That;s what I plan on doing with my extra Applebloom. Getting her off eBay would cost to much.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »
Personally, I'd wait until they release her again - but that's because my house is *full* of double g3s at the moment and I don't know how well they sell.

As for me, I'm waiting for the wedding releases.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
The Apple Blooms are different, at least. The only true double would be Sweetie Belle, and as a white unicorn she is ridiculously easy to customize.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I'm still debating, haha.  I actually stood in the store with them in my hand for 15 minutes before getting frustrated and putting them back, thinking I should just make up my mind another day, haha.  They are releasing them again?  As flower girls?  I was kinda hoping to see new fillies as the flower girls, but the three and accessories might be worth waiting.  There's always sales now and then anyway.  I haven't bought a single pony full price yet.  I ADORE accessories!  But... I'd still love to have her and this price is not bad at all... sigh.  Debating time... (or maybe hint-to-hubby-for-gift-idea time)   ;)

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »
I agree with everyone here. You should buy the flower girls set. The flower girls set comes with spiffy accessories.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:34 AM »
Yes, I would also hold out for another release...lets face it if the pattern with the main 6 is anything to go by...Scootaloo and chums will be hitting shelves regularly throughout the next few years!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
You could buy the set and sell the duplicates here or on ebay. ^^ Scootaloo is so cute with her tiny wings!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »
I say you should do it, and sell/customize the duplicates. :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
Sell ApplebLoom and Sweetiebelle, because there is no way you're going to find a loose Scoot for thatl price unless you wait til the wedding ponies are released and then I don't even know if they'll be sold seperately.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »
Not sure if you care about variants, but Apple Bloom and Cheerilee are in the "alternate" pose (with one leg bent) in the School Pals set.  I'm not sure which Cheerilee came with the schoolhouse (but I think it's the standard pose), and I'm pretty sure the Fun at the Fair set had Apple Bloom in the standard pose.
The only true duplicate would be Sweetie Belle, but you could probably trade/sell her as a bait since she's a white unicorn baby.

Scootaloo is the cutest little baby pony ever with those tiny wings.  I think she's worth having! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal