collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - SunbeamV!  (Read 1545 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - SunbeamV!
« on: September 22, 2023, 07:46:01 AM »
This week we have a lovely interview from SunbeamV! Thanks so much!

Personal Interview-

Where did you get your user name?
I used to use Sunny Daze as my pony name of choice but then Sunny just turned into my regular real life name. so now that I'm older I joke that it's actually short for Sunbeam  :lol:

How old are you?
27!

Do you go to school or work?
yes.....I work at a school. I teach highschool Japanese

What are your hobbies?
I listen to a ton of music, and I cook a lot. also videogames and ttrpgs. and tea, I'm definitely into tea the same way a lot of folks are "into" wine or coffee

Do you have any pets?
I have 3 birds! two cockatiels and a sun conure. (they like ponies too)

What do you like/dislike about yourself?
I like that I'm a very passionate person, and I have no trouble standing up for myself or others. I don't let people talk down to me because self respect is a huge priority to me. I also find myself incredibly resourceful and good at research and problem solving, and I'm a great cook. I dislike........well, my health sucks, but that's not really something I can control, so I try not to work myself up about it.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Osaka or Berlin always really called to me, but I could probably be pretty content in one of the countryside towns in Sumatra or Georgia (the country) where my family is from.

Do you collect anything other than ponies?
I have a couple BJDs, but they're pretty prohibitively expensive compared to ponies. I also love mugs and tacky keychains from places I've been, and I'm a dice goblin when it comes to tabletop.

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies?
this year marks my 20th year. yeah, I started when I was 7. I was so serious about collecting and keeping them in nice condition, even as a wee lad...and for why? XD

Why did you start collecting ponies?
bro I just liked them. g3 razzaroo looked at me with such adorable big wet pathetic eyes that i couldn't just go home without her and every single friend of hers i could find  :cry:

Who is your favorite pony and why?
i was a minty stan before it was cool. "which generation?" yes. all of them. never met a minty i didnt like. she just like me fr

Who is your least favorite pony and why?
the g1 drink'n'wets always make me cringe a little internally because one time I restored one and pulled a pinkie finger-length slug of black mould out of that peepee tube  :drunk:

Who is your favorite pony from another country?
g1 UK Playtime! she was one of the first g1s I was able to get, so she definitely always makes me smile

Who is your favorite fakie?
I love those alicorn fakies with the pink/yellow/blue hair and white horn? I'm not sure what brand/name they are but they came in dark purple and light pink!

Who was your first pony?
toys r us was having a "buy a celebration pack and get a regular pony half off" deal so my dad told me to get both celebration sets and then pick two more ponies. so my "first pony" was a team of g3 Razzaroo, Moondancer, Sunny Daze, and Rainbow Dash.

What pony did you get recently?
40th anniversary Snuzzle is my most recent, but I have two celestial ponies on the way now!

What is your favorite generation?
g3 will always hold a special place in my heart but I think g2 are objectively the best quality

What is your favorite part about collecting?
new pony spa days. there's something genuinely so soothing about getting them all nice and clean and pretty for display

How big is your collection?
just passed 420 (lol)

What do your friends and family think about your collection?
my parents were just relieved because I could've had way worse hobbies into my teen and young adult years. most of my friends think it's pretty cool and impressive, especially when I show them before and after photos of restore projects

Do you still play with your ponies?
oh definitely. I was already pretty gentle with them as a kid so not much has changed but I've been having a ton of fun with my g5s.

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!?
I don't really "get" when people go crazy for ponies from other countries that look the exact same as their "standard" counterparts

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why?
g3 Sunny Daze on one side (obvious, I got my whole identity from her) and g3 Sparkleworks on the other because she's my mum's favourite and I think she'd find it funny and then it'd remind me of her (yes I've legitimately thought about this)

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why?
I'm absolutely dying for them to make g5 dreamlands versions of g1 minty, bluebell & snuzzle. please. that's gonna be such a wasted opportunity if they don't

What has been the worst part about collecting?
money

What is your ultimate collecting goal?
there's a toy museum in my area so I'd really like to collect at least one of every major type or set, and I'm hoping that someday I can open a display there with maybe some informative and interactive tidbits about the history of the brand and toyline.

What is your biggest collecting accomplishment?
my childhood collection is still in great shape! I'm definitely pretty proud of that.

What is your biggest collecting regret?
I don't think I really have any!

Who is your grail pony and why?
Do you have it?

g1 Mimic and g3 Caribbean Delight - need those parrot ponies! no luck yet though

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies?
loose 100%. toys are meant to be played with!  ^.^

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get?
g1 honeysuckle and g2 cupcake. shoutout to my big fumbling hands lmao

Are you a customizer?
Would you ever be?

I've thought about it & I totally would but I can never decide what to make! I definitely enjoy the process of rehairing though so it's not like it's out of the question

What do you think of custom ponies?
I adore them! they tend to be way out of budget for me but I love the artistry

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion?
I'm not really comfortable fully repainting symbols/eyes, or replacing missing pieces like 3d symbols. otherwise I'll take on just about anything

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie?
I'll take the bait pony! restoration is the name of the game for me

Do you watch pony shows/movies?
Which ones?

I've seen all of the g3, g4, and g5 stuff. I'm working my way through g1 and Tales but it's proving pretty difficult to find, even online lol

Do you read pony comics?
Which ones?

not usually, but a friend send me the Transformers/g4 crossover books and I do love them  :lol:

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony?
uh... maybe trimmed some stray hair a little too short?

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would... prioritize brushable hair again. That really was kind of the whole point of the line."

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know... anything! I was 7! lol"

"I think the most underappreciated pony... is all of g3.5 honestly, because they're incredible well made!"

"I think more ponies should have... BRUSHABLE HAIR!!!! PLEASE LOL"

"I don't like... the brony/g4-only fan community, because I found their behavior and attitude towards keeping nsfw content away from children to be absolutely appalling. I was only 14 when it started happening, so still solidly a minor, and it was a huge letdown and source of pain to have my safety/comfort as a child myself ignored and walked all over in favour of grown men's sexual fantasies."

"I love the Arena because... I've been lurking here basically since it went up in late 2003, and I've always felt incredibly safe amongst everyone here, even as an extremely young child when unlimited internet access was a very new phenomenon. It's genuinely been very healing after the issues I mentioned in the previous question to still be kicking around here as a big strong grownup who has a voice and can help prevent that from happening to other kids like myself in the future by keeping our community clean and ensuring the needs of children (the target audience of MLP) are always a priority."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - SunbeamV!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 05:16:41 PM »
Sunbeam, lovely interview, & love how your mother has a fave Pony!!! Also could not agree more on brushable hair!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Arena Interview - SunbeamV!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 04:15:55 AM »
Lovley interview. I was 22 when I joined the Arena and I've always felt safe here. Everyone (almost) are so helpful and kind and protective of us and the community. Like one big family. I'm glad you felt the same way as a kid. I also agree with the G4/bronies. It really disturbed the community badly for a while.

I also love that your mom has a favorite pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal