collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 60363 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1260 on: November 29, 2023, 02:31:43 AM »
Aaww, thanks PBW. I hope she appreciates me too. I think she does or she would have ended it with me. Sorry about the bathroom paint. Sounds like a nightmare having to order online. I want to be able to see the dry paint do be able to decide if I want it.

I've been sleeping most of the pre noon, curing my cold. We're on the third day of a heavy snow storm right now :cold:. I managed to get to and from work yesterday, it took around 40 minutes with the bike, usual time is 14 minutes. I had given myself an hour. News just broke that all bustraffic has stopped. The plowers can't keep up. This is the most snow we've gotten in a few days in 60 years. I wonder if I can take a chance with the bike today as well or just leave it and walk :wonder:. I have a late shift and quits 20 past midnight. I really would like to have my bike at that time.

No other plans today other than drink tea and prepair mentaly of whats to come :super:.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 29, 2023, 02:50:05 PM »
Just a quiet day trying to do stuff indoors, & NO work on the bathroom save a trim of the paintwork. Also knitting & crochet

Beldarna any time!!! And getting rest in is a great idea
Beth hugs, & there's a thing called morbid curiosity, when you know something is horrible but you feel you HAVE to look
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1262 on: November 30, 2023, 08:34:36 AM »
My day is not starting off very well.

Spoiler
I got my period -_-

I woke up at 7 as usual but was so tired I fell back to sleep and didn't wake up again until 10:30. I stubbed my toe on a wheel on my chair. There's a bad taste in my mouth and my tongue is all white and fuzzy. Even after brushing/scraping/gargling the taste and fuzz are still there. My back hurts. My body can't decide if it's hot or cold. I have zero appetite despite having yummy leftovers in the fridge.

Ugh  :drunk:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 30, 2023, 10:16:41 AM »
BC Scarlet O'Hara has a lot to answer for from us uterus havers!!!

Quick news of the day: went to the soup thing which isn't on next week, grabbed a few veg soups up from the table of spare food, & GOT MY BATHROOM HEATER PUT IN!!! It's a tall thing & as they said, it has a rail for hanging towels on!!! Not hanging towels on it yet as its mounts set, but for now I know I can heat my bathroom & use my shower!!! And since the wet wall is in, I found some stick-on hooks & have stuck them on the wet wall to hang towels & a bath robe on.
Bit more stuff sewing in the ends of knit & crochet projects, including Pony headbands!!! Which means I can replace the headbands from various Ponywear sets with yarn & a crochet hook!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 01, 2023, 03:39:05 AM »
Yesterday evening, on my way to Sundsvall (three hour by train and layover) the drift called and asked if I could continue to Ånge (another hour and a half) and then go back to Sundsvall and get three hours of overtime. There had been issues with the traffic and three trains that direction prior had been canceled. So I agreed. In Ånge, the train back to Sundsvall was canceled, so I got booked to go on another train runned by another company a couple of hours later. That train stopped in the middle of nowhere for over an hour and no communication as to why. I ended up in my hotel bed in Sundsvall around 1:30 am. My shift today began at six am.

My morning train had stood witihout power the entire night because of the weather and my driver had been picking ice from it for hours already when I arrived. We left Sundsvall half an hour late. I had to throw away a tonne of produce from the bistro that had frozen over night and were destroyed. So much money wasted :(.

But I'm home now, with over 8 hours of overtime! It's december 1st and in Sweden we are big on Advent Calendars! And I had bought four! :biggrin: So I got to open the first boxes and got one cup of green tea, christmas flavoured, from my tea calendar. A Shea butter handcream from Body Shop, a lovley milk chocolate bar from the Merci calendar and my cats loved the fish bisquits I found in their calendar. It really made my day :heart:.

When the teacup is finnished I'm gonna go to the grocery store and buy some glögg (mulled wine) julmust (a christmas soda) some skumtomtar (marshmallowie santa candies) and prepair for tomorrows christmas decorating! :joy:.

More today, I'm gonna have a late lunch with hubby who's gonna work tonight and then I'm gonna nap. I'm running in steam right now. Four hours of sleep!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 01, 2023, 07:44:19 AM »
Can't believe it's the first of December already!!!
Beldarna those advent calendar treats sound lovely!!!

Had workies in fussing over stuff & trying to keep the Clerk of Works happy. He is not pleased with an aspect of the job so they're talking about how to sort it. They'll be back on Monday morning. Meanwhile the fan outlet (the bit outside the building) is awaiting approval as I live in a listed building...
Due to how early the workies showed I made it to noisy coffee & got food & coffee there, plus reporting bathroom progress to the folk I know there. They have carols on the Saturday 16th, which is always fun!!! Meanwhile I talked of my money worries. I have three essential bills I MUST meet: council tax (small), internet, & mobile phone. The latter two are my life & I need them!!! Fortunately these things I go to are optional donation to charity, unlike a coffee morning by another party tomorrow. I do love being able to go whether I have loot or not, & if I do the charity benefits. A fellow there said they can help me meet these essential bills (I made sure I have electricity in the meter & food in the house, but I'll be cooking a LOT over the weekend, just to have stuff on stand-by ready), so I'll be sure to tell them if there are issues with my meeting them.
Back to the big blanket. The yarn for it is getting low. I may get one or two more full rounds out of it...

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 01, 2023, 07:26:11 PM »
Beldarna, those calendars sound really cool and I saw pictures of them on Instagram, so they look great too!  ^.^ I had thought about a calendar for the cats as well, but it might be too late. They sell out pretty quickly.

---

I found the Christmas curtains in the small side attic (which is in the second bedroom) on Thursday evening and took them outside to freshen up overnight. On Friday I shook the snow off them and brought them inside to dry. On Saturday I can probably hang them in place. On Friday evening, I also placed a string of color lights on the small white cedar (Thuja occidentalis) that is next to the stairs of the house. I haven't turned them on yet, maybe on Sunday. :xtree:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 02, 2023, 01:40:31 AM »
I have slowly begun decorating. Some textiles are out. I'm just trying to find the inner peace, I have no christmas feel at all. I'm usually allover the place, my home looks like a christmas store when I'm done but right now I just feel bleh.

In todays calendar, the cats got some treats shaped like hearts. Simba, poor thing, thought we were trying to force him on some medicine so he ran and hid. I asked the vet if giving treats were okay considering and got all clear. I've also gotten the probiotic now which is a cream in a syringe they hate.
The tea was Earl Grey with added cornflower which will be interesting to try. From Body shop an Aloe Vera sheet mask which will bee so useful in the winter. From Merci an almond toffee.
I'm gonna enjoy them later on today :).

HoM, They run out fast! :shocked: I got all these in late september, early october, before brown stuff hit the fan. In November people were asking online for cat calendars as the stores were out.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1268 on: December 02, 2023, 01:52:58 AM »
I found the Christmas curtains in the small side attic (which is in the second bedroom) on Thursday evening and took them outside to freshen up overnight. On Friday I shook the snow off them and brought them inside to dry. On Saturday I can probably hang them in place. On Friday evening, I also placed a string of color lights on the small white cedar (Thuja occidentalis) that is next to the stairs of the house. I haven't turned them on yet, maybe on Sunday. :xtree:

We've had our Christmas curtains up for two years now :yikes:  Granted, they're not *that* Christmassy, so I usually let them stay until Easter anyway, and some might actually find our summer curtains Christmassy because they have a red and blue Dalahäst pattern, but still. As you can see, cleaning the windows hasn't been that high on my priority list either  ^^;  At least I've taken the lights down in the spring. Now I should put them up again, to get in the mood.... :)  For the first time in years I actually seem to have some energy for deep cleaning, and basically any extra stuff.

I woke up super early today, at 6:15! One of the cats woke me up (an hour before his usual breakfast time) and I didn't feel sleepy anymore. That's totally not me, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've slept exceptionally well this week, getting almost 8 hours of sleep every night. I've been working on my sleeping routine for years without much success, but lately I've finally been able to introduce some more regularity.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1269 on: December 02, 2023, 08:03:44 AM »
I wanted to try a coffee advent calendar but forgot to get one.

Today I'm hopefully finishing the cards for the swap. I feel very unwell today, so I don't know if I'll do anything else.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1270 on: December 02, 2023, 01:30:13 PM »
Already did some cleaning. I think i've finally recovered from being sick and doing all of the Thanksgiving cooking and cleaning. tomorrow i need to work more on the Christmas decorations
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 02, 2023, 02:56:42 PM »
I am going to work on cleaning a room tomorrow and getting the tree set up and my little pony tree/table set up too
 :enthralled: :accomplished: :art: :happy:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 02, 2023, 03:39:07 PM »
Crashed out because I have such a warm duvet & Bakana is so snuggly!!!
I have to make mushroom soup later today due to mushrooms in the fridge in a less than perfect state (still cookable). I have mushrooms in the freezer too. It will use up some milk but it's worth it to keep the mushrooms from going completely off.
I also need to bake stuff, & do a laundry soon, & clear out rubbish, & & & &...
Been doing a round of my big blanket every day, & will continue until the yarn runs out. Meanwhile I'm finishing other smaller projects too.
I can't wait for Monday & more work done on my bathroom!!! I did one tiny thing in there to make my door close properly, as it was having issues with that. Just a quick shift of the bit the latch hooks to (if you know how doors work), & a scrape out.

Invader & Beth, hope the cleaning goes well!!!
BC you take it easy today, & I bet those cards will look gorgeous!!!
Griffin yaiy for extra energy!!!
Beldarna at least you're in Christmas Spirit!!! I still have to turn my tree lights on!!!
HOM those curtains sound pretty!!!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 02, 2023, 05:42:07 PM »

We've had our Christmas curtains up for two years now :yikes:  Granted, they're not *that* Christmassy, so I usually let them stay until Easter anyway, and some might actually find our summer curtains Christmassy because they have a red and blue Dalahäst pattern, but still. As you can see, cleaning the windows hasn't been that high on my priority list either  ^^;  At least I've taken the lights down in the spring. Now I should put them up again, to get in the mood.... :)  For the first time in years I actually seem to have some energy for deep cleaning, and basically any extra stuff.

I woke up super early today, at 6:15! One of the cats woke me up (an hour before his usual breakfast time) and I didn't feel sleepy anymore. That's totally not me, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've slept exceptionally well this week, getting almost 8 hours of sleep every night. I've been working on my sleeping routine for years without much success, but lately I've finally been able to introduce some more regularity.

:lol: I have also sometimes had the case that I have not changed the curtains at all after Christmas. But no one has cared about it, and no one has complained to me. :biggrin:
I've never been keen on cleaning windows either. :blush: In the spring, I only cleaned the kitchen and living room windows. Next year I should wash all the windows in the house, because they are really gray and maybe the landlord wouldn't be happy if he found out.  :lookround:
Now I can reveal that since last Christmas I have had a small Christmas tree with decorations behind my laptop. :blush: There is no need to decorate it this year, just blow the dust away! XD

On Saturday evening, I turned on the lights on the small white cedar. It's cute! ^.^
:zzz:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1274 on: December 03, 2023, 01:49:38 AM »
Yay for easy decorating! :lol:

I might have rejoiced too soon. Days pass so quickly and I have so much to do! Even now I'm procrastinating as I should fill in a job application. I'm not excited about it and I know I won't get the job, but I suppose I'll have to try anyway.

Also BC, I feel you on the cat thing. Sometimes it's so difficult to know what they want! Last night I managed to go to bed early, but couldn't sleep because Toffee wanted something. He had food but apparently it was not *the right kind of food*, and then he wanted to play. Toffee is the older of the two cats and he usually stays with us in the bedroom all night, because the cats eat different foods - Toffee is very skinny and because we can't keep food freely available during the day (well, kibbles yes, but he doesn't like the ones that the other cat is allowed to eat...) we make sure he can eat as much as he likes during the night. Like many elderly cats he is very keen on routines and usually goes to sleep as we do. He doesn't play a lot anymore either, but apparently last night he was bored. I'm not sure if he was being difficult because my husband is away for the weekend. In fact, he keeps whining right now about something. I'm really not sure what he wants...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal