collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does nobody want G3s?  (Read 3733 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Does nobody want G3s?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »
I love G3's, but I tend to only look for them at the thrift store so I can get like 3 for a dollar.  G1's are my biggest passion, but there is a list of G3's I wish I had to be honest.  I adore them.  They are beautiful ponies and it really doesn't matter to me how common they are...I still don't have several I wish I did have.  Like those winter babies for one..Northern Lights, Winter Ice, Jingle Jangle, Ribbons and something...I want those badly.  I want my birthday pony also..the gem one/flower one.  I may keep them in bins but I still love them.  They in my opinion far surpass G4 in quality and beauty.  I really feel though there are plenty of people out there still wanting these, we just know their prices and won't pay high for them...sometimes won't even pay factory cost either...doesn't mean the collectors aren't there.  Some folks really do want these.  I think a lot of collectors over bought the line and now are trying to get rid of them...and trying to do it way too soon.  That doesn't work well, because people still know what they did cost and they are not going to pay "retired" prices yet.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:22:54 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »
Hold the Press.. .   all this G3 talk has led to my Discovery of... the "Seaspray Pose!"   ADORABLE... Flower Wishes I think is my next G3 hunt....

(what happened!?!)

Offline thatg33kgirl

• Geek Pony
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TGG
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
Yeah, mine that I had for sale didn't go so well, so what I've been doing with mine is cleaning them up, tagging them, and putting them away for later. In good news though, unless you want a really hard to find one, they are pretty inexpensive, especially in lots. I've been able to increase my bait collection by a bit- because unless its flawless (since its so new) most people don't want them!

*COMMISSIONS CURRENTLY CLOSED*

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »
Give it time, plus the job market being what it is (or isn't). There are a few that I'm on the hunt for but money and space limits are curbing things.

It seems thrift stores aren't carrying toys as much as they did back in the day (80s/90s). Heck I'd buy a G3 if I could find one, most stuff that I run into is McD's toys,puzzles,board games or plushies. And that's not even really looking just a quick glance.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »
I want them but only certain ones like I'm missing Fun Fairy, I want BeachBelle, rainbow Bubbles and Snowdrop Swirl...rare ones really. I also want the Disney princess ones.

Yeah, me too. I'm only looking for a few rare, international-only release ones and some Breezies.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2012, 06:49:27 AM »
I am not sure about them not selling, I am sure someone wants something you may have, just gotta find that person.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 06:51:31 AM by elish2 »
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »
I had a tough time getting rid of mine about a year ago. The only way I could get them to move is if I sold them in lots. I've just got the remainder of mine in storage until the market comes back for them. Not only that but my free time is so slim lately with work and school, I don't know if I want to hassle with listing them for sale unless I know there's a decent demand for them again.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »
Would anyone be interested in a G3 trade thread? I have a few, but as cat said postage puts people from buying them unless you're buying in bulk. With a trade at least you both pay P&P and get a pony, or two ponies. There are so many common G3s that I don't yet have, I'd be happy to trade for ponies in similar condition to mine.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
I love G3s but I think there is one major issue for the reason they dont sell - shipping!!! Common ponies may be worth the $3-5 price bracket but when you then factor in even the as cheap as possible domestic shipping it suddenly makes common ponies expensive. So when they sell they sell for under their "worth" as that way the price of the shipping on top of the price of the pony doesnt put a buyer off - so yes this feels like you are giving them away.

Yeah this is the main reason why, while I'll snatch up any G3s I see at a yard sale or the thrift store unless it is just a single one in a bag with a bunch of baby junk, I have no desire to buy them online. Why pay for shipping when I can get them at the thrift stores and yard sales near me for less? I think they would sell better if you tried to sell them locally.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:37:52 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:56 AM »
I am also looking for the breezes gen 3 as well

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »
Im always looking for G3s I have plenty on my want list I don't have. I think now is the right time to buy them. If I wasnt so busy concentrating on my G1 list. I would grab some more. I usually find my G3s locally. I agree with the price of shipping its crazy. I do like g3s and g4s but g1s have my heart. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal