collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you didn't like at all at first, but now have grown on you?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you didn't like at all at first, but now have grown on you?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 11:48:27 PM »
Mimic is still not my favorite, which I feel kind of fortunate about since she's so pricey. It's probably only a matter of time though...

Ha ha!!  I don't care for Mimic, either, even though I've had her since I was a child.  :silly:

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 01:29:18 AM »
Ha! Do you just hang on to Mimic because she's a childhood pony or prized by collectors? Maybe as soon as you gave her up you might like her! If she wasn't one you liked as a kid she must be in nice shape.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
The Twinkle Eyes and Sparkle ponies! And it's frustrating because a lovely set of Sparkle Ponies popped up at my local vintage toy shop several years ago and I passed them over because they just did not appeal to me at the time, even though the Sunspot had a lovely unfaded pink mane and tail and I had a feeling I should at least snag her. But I got a Twinkler at BABScon this year and they've jumped to the top of my list. She's so purple and the space themes and face decals on the mail order ones are so cute! I'm not sure if the moral of the story is get every pony you encounter that you don't have or not, ha ha.

My first Twinkle Eye was a Gingerbread who belonged to a friend who didn't like her much and gave her to me. I have never really liked her pose or color scheme, and with all those marks against her the jewel eyes just seemed creepy. But after ogling the Masquarade who belongs to the tattoo artist who visits Babscon each year, I got Sweet Pop and suddenly became aware that most of the Twinkle Eyes have such cute colors, poses and symbols. Somehow their jewel eyes seems just gimmicky enough to be really cute/weird in a good way.

NightGlider was another one that grew on me! Saw her twice (passed her up for others the first time because I thought she was just ok, and the second because I just did not have money for ponies at the time.) I got her cheap in a lot recently and though I'm trying to get her to stop smelling like cigarettes, she's very cute!

Mimic is still not my favorite, which I feel kind of fortunate about since she's so pricey. It's probably only a matter of time though...

Aw the TEs and Sparkles are my top two favorite sets of all time!! :D

Oh speaking of Nightglider.. I forgot to mention Munchy. . .As a kid I didn't like her - at all. Especially her symbols...Ew.  :lol: I actually passed her up at the stores way back when like all the time..
Then I stumbled upon her and the rest of the TAF set and to me she's so cute in person.. Now I don't really mind the symbols; they have grown on me for sure..  :P

On Mimic: Yeah - get ready -- it's only a matter of time!  :P :satisfied: I got mine at a great price.. Yes she's not perfect, but she needed a good home and I ended up loving her hair color combo..

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 07:44:44 AM »
Princess Sparkle! Wasn't expecting to love her, but I had her accessories so I got her, and I fell completely in love ♡
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 10:17:28 AM »
Ha! Do you just hang on to Mimic because she's a childhood pony or prized by collectors? Maybe as soon as you gave her up you might like her! If she wasn't one you liked as a kid she must be in nice shape.

Mostly because she's something of a status symbol among collectors.  :silly:  And the one I have isn't the one I had as a child.  I got an upgrade in a large lot of ponies and sold my old one (so I wouldn't be a Mimic-hoarder).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 11:26:12 AM »

Mostly because she's something of a status symbol among collectors.  :silly:  And the one I have isn't the one I had as a child.  I got an upgrade in a large lot of ponies and sold my old one (so I wouldn't be a Mimic-hoarder).

Ha ha! I had the funniest image of you nickel and diming Mimic-less pony collectors. (It's all in good fun)

You:
For 50¢ you may park your car in front of the Shrine of the Mimic
For $1 you may enter the Shrine of the Mimic
For $5 you may brush the Holy Mimic

Customer: How much do you want for her?

You: For 75¢ I shall confer with the All-Knowing Oracle. *checks Google*

I'm not crazy about Mimic either. She fades into green tinted white and I don't like her pose.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:36:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
It's how I got into ponies in the first place so... Literally everyone!

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »
Ha ha! I had the funniest image of you nickel and diming Mimic-less pony collectors. (It's all in good fun)

You:
For 50¢ you may park your car in front of the Shrine of the Mimic
For $1 you may enter the Shrine of the Mimic
For $5 you may brush the Holy Mimic

Customer: How much do you want for her?

You: For 75¢ I shall confer with the All-Knowing Oracle. *checks Google*

:drunk:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 01:08:49 PM »
Beddy bye eyes I never really cared for them now I have all of them. I love sleepie pie the most. :) Also when I first started collecting I didnt care very much for sea ponies but my daughter has somehow made me like them more. I also never cared for bushwoolies. Though since of seen more of the cartoons I like them now.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »
Powder.  I had her for awhile, ended up selling my original.

And then I found a mint one at a toy fair last year, I think.  Even came with her original ribbon.  I love her pose and her pretty, pastel color palette now.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 09:14:56 AM »
G2's.  My daughter has a wonderful collection of G1's and G3's which I have always loved.  But at a pony meet, I got a G2 Morning Glory as a raffle prize.  I put her on a shelf and every time I looked at her, she said to me, "You know you want to love me.  Get a friend for me."  The rest is history. I  now have all the babies and about 75 adults to keep her company.   :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 10:41:57 AM »
I have to say the g4's. I don't think they're ugly, just not for me... Except the unique ones like cupcake and plum. I think the major turn off for g4s for me is the lack variety. I did manage to pick up starswirl and FS daisy dreams at the fair this year. I hope Hasbro release more new ones, because I would likely buy them lol.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
I didn't like G4 Snowcatcher at first because her 'talent' is a pretty dumb one that literally anybody can do: catching snowflakes on her tongue. 9.9 Found her cheap though and bought her cuz she does have a pretty design. I didn't like Starlight Glimmer at first and wasn't going to buy her until she reformed on the show and now I have bought her.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 09:52:20 PM »
Back in 2013 ,G2s were the last ones to join my pony herd :)
they were no appealing much to me, but I wanted to have few just to represent them in my collection , I found a small lot of them on ebay , and for a while I was not much into them ,but I started learning more about them and saw some Tv ads on youtube of the awesome play sets and the nicer Euro Releases  and it was on and is still on :)  G2 loose collection is complete and missing 10 moc g2s :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 12:41:39 AM »
There are quite a few ponies that I had no interest of getting until I received them in lots and fell in love. Up Up Away is one example, pink on pink doesn't generally excite me but she just looks so sweet in person.  ^.^

Bad news for me, but Mimic is growing on me too, while my budget is not.  >_<
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal