collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your...deflocks!  (Read 6590 times)

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your...deflocks!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 03:16:46 PM »
Wow everyone has such lovely deflocked ponies!  ^.^

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »
These all look wondeful! I look forward to seeing Twist. That purple is so intense it's almost shocking.

Offline kwhite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 07:02:59 PM »
Wow these are all really amazing. Makes me want to give it a go on some of the ones I have that are beyond help. Any tips that you'd be able to share...that go beyond the tutorials that are out there?

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 01:43:43 PM »
Gorgeous ponies! This may be a little off topic but how do you actually go about deflocking a pony?

Post Merge: March 18, 2016, 01:44:53 PM

I've only got one that I've finished, but many are in progress.  I loved deflocked ponies, but man, it's a pain to do.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is that baby Angel a custom or does she really exist (if you know what I mean, lol!)?
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 02:29:17 PM »
your deflocks are all gorgeous!

your custom baby angel is precious.

lovin that canadian gusty too.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:32:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »
These are very good questions. Honestly, I haven't done it myself. I've either bought my ponies deflocked or paid someone to do it. Hopefully someone can offer the best approach.

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 03:10:45 PM »
Everyone's deflocks are lovely - they're all so bright and colourful under that flocking, especially lofty!

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
It's pretty simple, just a bit time consuming. I just boil the ponies to soften the glue and then remove most of the flocking by rubbing it off with my fingers. I keep the pot boiling so as they cool I can re-dunk them to keep the glue soft. Once I've got most of it off, I go over all the non-painted parts with a cotton pad soaked in acetone. DO NOT GET ACETONE ON PAINTED PARTS!!! It will remove it pretty much instantly. The most frustrating part for me is getting the glue residue off the painted parts. I usually soak a cotton pad in rubbing alcohol and use that. Not as effective as acetone, but with enough elbow grease the glue residue should come off.  Once I've got all the residue off, I shampoo and condition the hair, style, and let dry. The next day, hair is dry and you have a lovely deflocked pony! :D

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 03:46:10 PM »
Fab - thanks!  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 05:32:44 AM »
Has anyone re-flocked a pony? I have a de-flocked Twist and Wind Whistler and I have attempted to put flocking on one of them but it just seems to clump. I wish I knew Hasbro's secret to getting it so plush  -_-. I thought it was going to be easy but it's defiantly not! Lol

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 07:18:49 AM »
The So-Softs look so much better without the flocking! Angel looks so gorgeous. Twilight and Twist have that beautiful purple under that flocking and it's such a unique color. And I just love Lofty no matter what <3 I want to deflock but I'm afraid of using the chemicals involved with the process.
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 07:48:21 AM »
I love all of these! Somehow I thought I had more deflocks, though come to think of it, one of the ones I've done I gifted to someone else in a swap... so right now I've just go these two!

One of these days I must go back over them... they still have a bit of residue on a few nooks and crannies that I need to get out. Still lovely. :) I prefer to keep the flocking on So Softs unless it really looks bad. I have a Twist whose flocking is pretty complete, but is kind of gray looking, and you can't really see her symbols. I may deflock her one day because she will look so much prettier without the grayness.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 09:34:48 AM »
Gorgeous ponies! This may be a little off topic but how do you actually go about deflocking a pony?

Post Merge: March 18, 2016, 01:44:53 PM

I've only got one that I've finished, but many are in progress.  I loved deflocked ponies, but man, it's a pain to do.

Is that baby Angel a custom or does she really exist (if you know what I mean, lol!)?

Baby Angel is a custom I made from a fancy pants baby who's diaper was rubbed off along her flank. I love making babies for the ponies that didn't get them from Hasbro <3

As for deflocking, I would actually love some tips.  When I bought Angel in a bait lot, she had already been started.  Her flocking came of super easily, and there's no residue.  I've tried boiling my others in water, but I have not had the same luck with them.  I feel like I'm stuck using too many harsh chemicals to finish them.

This what she looked like when I got her;

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
I have a deflock work in progress right now. I've deflocked a Magic Star easily, but Twilight is giving me sooo much trouble! Glue residue is incredibly stubborn. And getting in all those crevices on her wings! Ugh. She'll be worth it in the end though.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 10:08:09 AM »
Has anyone re-flocked a pony? I have a de-flocked Twist and Wind Whistler and I have attempted to put flocking on one of them but it just seems to clump. I wish I knew Hasbro's secret to getting it so plush  -_-. I thought it was going to be easy but it's defiantly not! Lol

I have not flocked a pony, but I have flocked doll heads before. What I do is spread glue all over the head, then sprinkle flocking over, pat VERY lightly, blow off excess, sprinkle more, blow, etc. It's important not to pat too hard. However, it becomes problematic when the glue starts to dry and you haven't got all the flocking on yet. I find that if I try to do it one part at a time, it's very noticeable. So I too would be interested in some tips for flocking an entire body.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal