collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Breaking hair on all four Avon exclusive G3 ponies! *edit. and Baby Romperooni!  (Read 4921 times)

pupp3rmint

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Breaking hair on all four Avon exclusive G3 ponies!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »
Aw man, this is such a bummer. I recently bought Peach Surprise and Tea Lily (still in the package) because I love the color combinations (that peachy orange) so much, but I kinda noticed their hair didn't feel as nice as the other two G3s I own... I was going to try and lightly style them, but now I'm worried it'll ruin their hair. I'm glad I stumbled on to this though, otherwise I wouldn't have known until it was too late. :<

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: Breaking hair on all four Avon exclusive G3 ponies!
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 12:11:55 PM »
I've just found another pony with brittle hair. Baby Romperooni. She was the one from the Super Long Hair pony two pack. I was quite surprised considering the others have been special releases of time sort.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
That's terrible! Quality control Hasbro c'mon!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well I'm rehairing the small baby avan and the adult with a brighter red watermelon martini and unlucky clover wich is greener.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Unfortunately this has been an issue for a few years now :( Any of the cheaper store exclusives as well as any of the ponies with the neon pink or orange or green hair are prone to this rotting issue. Its so frustrating!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gatomon180

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
 >_< come on everyone its not the end of the world.I for refuse to stop geting a bunch of ponys just
from whats said here.and if look you at other topics you will see a few that are in good shape.I say we can try to find why it happens and try to stop it  I just a pony with a little dry hair and its just fine gloon and doom topics where you say so many ponys are like this DOES NOT HELP.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I will have to take a look at my Baby Tea Lily...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
I'm hoping this post is more informative than moaning. If people would like to check their own ponies then it's up to them. The fact is that some people will find this problem and others will not. Perhaps there's a solution that isn't rehairing but until that time healthy discussion is all we have.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yeah I was hoping for at least a definitive list of which ponies get it instead of "any of the cheaper store exclusives".
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Yeah I was hoping for at least a definitive list of which ponies get it instead of "any of the cheaper store exclusives".

Unfortunately it is as generic as that. It was any ponies from the cheaper lines then any with the neon pink hair, then it was neon oranges and greens, and now its pretty much any shade of pink. As time passes we are seeing it on more ponies and more one off instances on ponies. So instead of it being "only x pony, y pony and z pony" it does seem to be more and more reports of single cases.

Loa is my love god!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

Unfortunately it is as generic as that. It was any ponies from the cheaper lines then any with the neon pink hair, then it was neon oranges and greens, and now its pretty much any shade of pink. As time passes we are seeing it on more ponies and more one off instances on ponies. So instead of it being "only x pony, y pony and z pony" it does seem to be more and more reports of single cases.

So has this also been shown to affect pink haired ponies that are in mainstream lines? Like Sno Glo? What about ones that are discount store ponies but don't have those colors in their hair, like Starbeam II?

Offline Mintiefawn

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My personal Tumblr
I'd had a Tea Lily and Peach Surprise MIP since they first came out, and a few weeks ago, my girlfriend completely cleaned and organized my bedroom, including my ponies. She decided it was a good idea to open the package for the avon ponies, unbeknownstly, to "save up space". She had no idea the worth, or the reasons behind they were even there. I know she didn't know any better, but I'm still upset about it...

Since I finally remembered she did that, I found where she put them, and my Tea Lily has no pink hair in her mane, and her tail has pieces falling off and still do. I knew the hair was fragile, but not to this extreme. Poor Tea Lily is half bald.... :(

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:58:44 AM by Mintiefawn »
~Formally Known as Moonblossom~visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avvie by SDS, I-pod pony by jupiternwndrlnd, pixel Midnight Sparkle by buttons and pixel bubble blowing Midnight Sparkle by Sweetcakes

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
For me the most concerning thing about this is the sheer number of G3 on the second hand market which are literal time bombs for hair loss. Much as it is heartbreaking and devastating to happen to a collector's pony, esp a much loved one, what terrifies me is the potential for kids to pick these up at a second hand sale and have the hair come off when they are simply playing with them. I almost think it an issue Hasbro should not only be aware of but helping to resolve, since it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Just hoping that the cheaper G4 currently on release in the US are not rooted with similarly brittle hair, too...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

So has this also been shown to affect pink haired ponies that are in mainstream lines? Like Sno Glo? What about ones that are discount store ponies but don't have those colors in their hair, like Starbeam II?

It seemed to start or at least be worse with the budget lines but recently I have seen mention of the lighter pink shades in the main stream releases. :(
Loa is my love god!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile

She's been in a plastic bag in a closet for probably 4 years. I won't comb her hair. Tugged on it a little seems to be holding up for the time being. Now I do have her in her own baggie within the bag for the future.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal