collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the deal with the new Princesses??  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with the new Princesses??
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »
I know, right?  I saw them in person and surprised myself by passing on them.  I find the random, one-colour symbols, and the non-matching wings just look....like not a lot of thought was put in to them.  To be fair, they are $16.99 each here, so that was a big factor too.  If they were either cheaper, or nicer looking, it could have been a different story.  I do love the body/hair colour combinations, though =)

Yeah, even at the 14.99 price tag at TRU it seems a bit much, especially since the second pony included is one most people are guaranteed to already have. Thank goodness for Shopkick. I did pick up Gold Lily today though... I'll get Sterling later.

$14.99 is pretty high-  they are only $12.99 at Target and also at the Hasbrotoyshop.com.  I don't know why TRU is always so much more expensive, I guess they bump up their prices so that the "sales" look better...

You guys are lucky I think they're about $20USD here. I agree about their symbols though not much thought has gone in to their design
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 09:19:09 PM »
I hate when they make us buy ANOTHER mane 6 pony with them.

One more gripe to the list: Why are these ladies tall alicorns like Celestia and yet Luna is still shorter???????

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 09:57:52 PM »
Oh I really like the simplicity of the symbols reminds of of g2 ponies which I love!

I cannot wait to own them!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 07:25:13 AM »
Oh I really like the simplicity of the symbols reminds of of g2 ponies which I love!

I cannot wait to own them!

I don't mind simplicity at all (its wayyyyyyy better than the silly 'rainbowfied' nonsense) but I wish Gold Lily had a lily cutie mark and Sterling had something silvery with silver hair? They also don't have stories on the back of the box and I wish they did. Like "Princess Gold Lily loves flowers!" or SOMETHING.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »
I agree that their symbols look a little half-hearted, but you have to remember that most of the G1s were never in the show, either.  I can't speak for the other gens, as I haven't watched anything besides the original series, but it doesn't phase me at all that these ponies seem to have come from nowhere. 

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 08:35:20 AM »
A Walmart near me had them for $12.99 also. I picked up just Lily for now.

I do know they're not very popular amongst some in "that" side of the community. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »
A Walmart near me had them for $12.99 also. I picked up just Lily for now.

I do know they're not very popular amongst some in "that" side of the community. ;)

Lol. I'm going to go grab Lily in a bit. I feel like her cutie mark looks like a valentine's post mark. Also, her pink wings make me think that the fur/feathers got ripped off of them, leaving pink skin. Or maybe she was sunburned. I do like that she's yellow and I like her hair colors. They remind me of the g1 rainbow ponies and at least they don't have their lame cutie marks on their eyes.

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 10:38:58 AM »

I think they are neat! Give the repeat ponies to a little kid.  ;)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »
Sorry, but why does it matter if they aren't in the show? Tons of the G1 and G3 ponies were never in the show and I've never seen anyone complain, only more excitement that there was such a wide variety. Now we're offered two new ponies and people are confused/irritated that they don't have show characters? I'm confused.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:05 AM »
Sorry, but why does it matter if they aren't in the show? Tons of the G1 and G3 ponies were never in the show and I've never seen anyone complain, only more excitement that there was such a wide variety. Now we're offered two new ponies and people are confused/irritated that they don't have show characters? I'm confused.
It seems like the biggest gripe is the lack of creativity behind their symbols more than whether or not they're in the show.  I'm pretty sure most of us are tired of getting mane 6 brushables anyway...at least I am!

Now that I collect G1's, I appreciate the variety of ponies that were offered in previous generations.  I think my main complaint with G4 right now is the lack of differences in poses/molds.
Instagram / Want List

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 12:00:19 PM »
I actually am digging Gold Lily's (? the yellow one?) symbol because it has gears on it like she's a steampunk pony or something.

But something about the size of the symbols seems off, or maybe it's the fact that they're monochrome?

I don't like their wings.  They look like they don't belong.  (Also, no paint on the boots looks pretty cheap.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 12:08:25 PM »

:like: x200

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 12:10:22 PM »
I like them well enough, but I can't help but feel that they look like fakies :/ Their colours and cutie marks seem kinda random, and the lack of paint on their boots doesn't help. And why are their wings coloured like that?
I'm, of course, glad to see something other that the mane six, but I think Hasbro could try a little harder on the design.

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
I don't mind non-show characters but I just can't make sense of these gals in the 'Pony World'.

LadyMoondancer, I can dig the gears on Lily but I wish her symbol had a lily or something remotely related to her name. It just looks like a mistake/fakie. I feel like if they were going to have a symbol that doesn't make sense, they should have a story behind it. Maybe I would feel better if I gave her a new name? Heartworks (like the hearts and gears?) Now that I have her in person, I am just adoring her hair even more. She would make a great 'Princess Fluttershy' custom too.

Iceglider, all the kids I know already have 5 Pinkies and they want new characters too XD

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2014, 06:29:58 AM »
I like them.
Love that they aren't in the show...

if the yellow one had YELLOW wings...

I woulda BOUGHT the ENTIRE Shelf worth!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal