collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: And the winners of the 2014 Arena Derby are....  (Read 3160 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: And the winners of the 2014 Arena Derby are....
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »
at least Gusty won with most votes. :p
Between the two of them it was a pretty hard pick though, Gusty had all of my votes though when she was up. lol
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I never expected.... WOW!  :blush:
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 12:23:16 AM »
SHRIEKING RIGHT NOW!!!

I'm so excited, thank you so much for putting on this race again Stomper!!! Every year I have a blast, and for the first time this year, I saw lots of my ponies winning the races!!  :frolic: Thank you!!

Can't wait til next year!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 07:45:33 AM »
I was doing SO good for the first half or so!  And then...down down down the list I went.  :D  Congrats to the winners!!!

Can I still buy a mug?  I know they were for sale a while ago.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 12:34:03 PM »
I was doing SO good for the first half or so!  And then...down down down the list I went.  :D  Congrats to the winners!!!

Can I still buy a mug?  I know they were for sale a while ago.

This for me too - I really thought the G4's would do a bit better! I wonder how many mugs are stashed places?! They came up at a really bad time for me, so I was interested, but then the proverbial feces hit the fan...

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
Fantastic! It's so funny how Gusty always does so well! Can't beat the classic G1s ❤️❤️
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
I never play but I always vote in the derby. However it seems to me that, given this is the arena, the G1s should have a different race conpletly from the other Gens. Which is a bunch more work I bet. But thats my two cents. Great race!  Nightglider is one pretty pony.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2014, 05:31:59 PM »
I never play but I always vote in the derby. However it seems to me that, given this is the arena, the G1s should have a different race conpletly from the other Gens. Which is a bunch more work I bet. But thats my two cents. Great race!  Nightglider is one pretty pony.

I was thinking that too.  While there's absolutely nothing wrong with loving G1, it does seem a little one sided when it comes to the derby...

At least from what I've noticed, most people who have been collecting since the older gens were new, aren't big fans of newer gens, especially G4.  So it seems a bit unfiar when those ponies are up against any G1's.
Instagram / Want List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 07:12:15 AM »
Ok...I am confused.

At the end of the day its a popularity contest. Every generation had representatives in the race; every one got to suggest entries to the race before the Derby starters were even decided upon. If people wanted more ponies from outside G1...well then there should have been more suggestions for them. And if people liked ponies outside G1 more then those ponies would have got more votes.

This Derby started out with representatives from all generations. Yes, most were G1 but, and I am sure this is not news, G1 is hands down the most popular generation on this forum. You cant please everyone but in a race against all generations, G1 won out because of the nature and preferences of the majority of voters and members...I am not sure why that causes upset. Heck I love Baby Fifi...I would love to see her win the Derby...it aint gonna happen because she is not popular. Its just the nature of democracy and the majority opinion winning out; every pony, every generation had an equal footing to start the race on.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »
Ok...I am confused.

At the end of the day its a popularity contest. Every generation had representatives in the race; every one got to suggest entries to the race before the Derby starters were even decided upon. If people wanted more ponies from outside G1...well then there should have been more suggestions for them. And if people liked ponies outside G1 more then those ponies would have got more votes.

This Derby started out with representatives from all generations. Yes, most were G1 but, and I am sure this is not news, G1 is hands down the most popular generation on this forum. You cant please everyone but in a race against all generations, G1 won out because of the nature and preferences of the majority of voters and members...I am not sure why that causes upset. Heck I love Baby Fifi...I would love to see her win the Derby...it aint gonna happen because she is not popular. Its just the nature of democracy and the majority opinion winning out; every pony, every generation had an equal footing to start the race on.

I agree with this. It is a popularity contest.....G1's tend to be the most popular so they win. It seems like that is the whole point.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
Don't forget also that the derby is different every year. We might have a specific generation derby next year, that might not be g1 - this year was all gens, a rainbow derby. All in all, it's a popularity contest, and this year,  a G1 won, and that's what's popular here, so it's to be expected.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
Well, I'm not here to argue or anything.  I'm happy that Nightglider won (as was made obvious with my first post in this thread on the first page).  I'll just keep my mouth shut on that subject, I suppose.  So yeah... anyway...  :lookround:

I didn't know that the derby was set up differently ever year though with the way the ponies were categorized (this was my first year being active on the forum).  Maybe next year we'll get a little more variety! 

Question time, because I honestly don't know and genuinely would like to know, has a pony from a generation other than G1 ever won the derby?  It was probably mentioned somewhere but I missed it.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 08:20:15 PM »
Af ew years ago was a G3 derby... lemme find it.... HERE:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,302844.msg302532.html#msg302532

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal