collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's the deal with the new Princesses??  (Read 4206 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
What's the deal with the new Princesses??
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
So Princess Gold Lily and Sterling are out. They are pretty and I will buy them but what's the deal with them? And why are their cutie marks so weird/random? I feel like previous gen ponies had so much thought put into them. These just make no sense to me. I am glad to see non-mane 6 brushables though.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with the new Princesses??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »
Salli I think they ARE just completely random.  They decided, "hey kids like princesses" and so slapped some random colors on the princess mold and cranked them out (to be sold with a repeat mane 6)

There is no story line, no tie-in with the cartoon, no explanation whatsoever for these princesses.  I think it is rather weird, but I guess at LEAST they didn't just make all of the mane 6 ponies princesses (which I'm SURE they considered)

I too am happy to see some variety, but it would have been nice if they'd tried a little harder with these two...

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »
So strange.  :nuts: I am thinking about buying 2 of each just to paint the second pair with cutie marks that ACTUALLY MATCH THEIR NAMES.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
"Children like princesses, lets make more!" "Make more..? There aren't any other princesses in the show right now.."
"Show? Who cares about princesses needing to be on the show! We can make the toys first and figure the show out LATER!"
"...If you say so..." "I do. Now, get to it!"
"What about their cutie marks?" "Whatever you want! It's a princess! She can be whatever she wants!"
And that's how they were made. :D
:lmao: :lmao:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 08:51:33 AM »
I will get them as they're new characters, but I think they could have done more with their cutie marks.

"Whatever you want! It's a princess! She can be whatever she wants!"
:lmao:

That's called empowerment.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
"Children like princesses, lets make more!" "Make more..? There aren't any other princesses in the show right now.."
"Show? Who cares about princesses needing to be on the show! We can make the toys first and figure the show out LATER!"
"...If you say so..." "I do. Now, get to it!"
"What about their cutie marks?" "Whatever you want! It's a princess! She can be whatever she wants!"
And that's how they were made. :D
:lmao: :lmao:
:rofl: Basically!

I'll probably pick these ponies up, but their cutie marks really are quite boring...
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »
Any picture of the new princesses?

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
I know, right?  I saw them in person and surprised myself by passing on them.  I find the random, one-colour symbols, and the non-matching wings just look....like not a lot of thought was put in to them.  To be fair, they are $16.99 each here, so that was a big factor too.  If they were either cheaper, or nicer looking, it could have been a different story.  I do love the body/hair colour combinations, though =)

AlmostApplejack

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »
Yeah, anymore, I really don't think they put any thought into their toys' designs, which is sad. In G1, they had such a hit, but now it's a miss.

I might get them, but then again, I'm not super in love with their designs. Maybe if they go on sale eventually.

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
I know, right?  I saw them in person and surprised myself by passing on them.  I find the random, one-colour symbols, and the non-matching wings just look....like not a lot of thought was put in to them.  To be fair, they are $16.99 each here, so that was a big factor too.  If they were either cheaper, or nicer looking, it could have been a different story.  I do love the body/hair colour combinations, though =)

Yeah, even at the 14.99 price tag at TRU it seems a bit much, especially since the second pony included is one most people are guaranteed to already have. Thank goodness for Shopkick. I did pick up Gold Lily today though... I'll get Sterling later.

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 01:32:44 PM »
Yeah, even at the 14.99 price tag at TRU it seems a bit much, especially since the second pony included is one most people are guaranteed to already have. Thank goodness for Shopkick. I did pick up Gold Lily today though... I'll get Sterling later.

Yeesh, they make a couple of random fakie-looking princess figures, package them with the 549th version of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, and expect them to sell for $15?!  Hasbro, what are you smoking? :blink: 

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »

Yeesh, they make a couple of random fakie-looking princess figures, package them with the 549th version of Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, and expect them to sell for $15?!  Hasbro, what are you smoking? :blink: 

Don't get me wrong, now that Gold Lily is out of her package she's really beautiful. I love her colors, I just wish her cutie mark were a little more interesting... and maybe a different color around her hooves, and a gradient in her wings. :) But I definitely could have used anything other than yet another Pinkie. XD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »

$14.99 is pretty high-  they are only $12.99 at Target and also at the Hasbrotoyshop.com.  I don't know why TRU is always so much more expensive, I guess they bump up their prices so that the "sales" look better...

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:11 PM »
I wish they werent in Celestia size, they would have been so much cuter in cadance/luna size. Their colors are so stunning though! I really like them, but their cutie marks are really random and weird  :P I wish they werent so expensive hopefully theres a black friday sale.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:00:04 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

kittyberry

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 05:04:48 PM »
i haven't seen them in person, yet, but if i do end up liking their size i might end up with at least princess gold lily. i'm glad i stopped by this thread, though, because they're at least 12.99 at target. i have to say i'm not too keen on these new princesses being sold with more pinkie pies and fluttershies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal