collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jewel eyes to replace and a Slimey Sweet Stuff!?!  (Read 218 times)

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Jewel eyes to replace and a Slimey Sweet Stuff!?!
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »
I am expecting a trade coming soon in the mail soon which is a few g2 ponies but unfortunately one will have her jewels missing (it's ok, I already knew this!).
When my g2s arrive I wanna be able to fix them up straight away but I've no idea how to sort out the missing eyes. I think I read ages ago about about pointed bottom jewels. These fit better in the hole left behind right?
What size am I looking for to fit (I think I remember this been talked about but for the life of me I don't know how to search for this!)
Also does any one know of colours that match for the different ponies if you can recommend a brand to buy the sparkles from?

I also have a problem with a REALLY scruffy sweet stuff g1! I've never known a pony in such a state. She has a rats nest for hair, her body is “slimy" feeling and her eyes are soooooo scratched and chipped its horrible and sad to look at. What upsets me the most is that she was one of MY ponies in the loft along with all my others that as so perfect! No idea what happened to this girl!
So can I fix her eyes? Take out the old and replace them? If so what am I looking for to replace?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Any idea what the slim is as she is the only pony in the box I found like this, all the others where gorgeous!?

Lots of questions sorry! Il summarise:
G2 gems, where to buy, what to buy, sizes
G1 as above but also what colours.
G1 what the heck is so slimey? Plastic degeneration?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help! Xxx
802 and counting........

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Jewel eyes to replace and a Slimey Sweet Stuff!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »
Here is an old thread with some information on the G2 eye gems - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,348809.0.html

The slimeyness is plasticiser unfortunately. You can clean it off with a good degreaser or eye make up remover or similar. However its probably going to come back until it all leaks out. If you brush her over with baby powder then that should stop it coming back. It doesnt stop the break down but it puts it off and you can just refresh the powder every now and again.

There was a member who made reproduction TE eyes but she has not been around for a while unfortunately. However as an alternative Swarovski chaton size SS34 will work :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »
Wow hathorcat quick reply! Thanks!
Poor sweet stuff (renamed Slime Stuff  :snail: ) il try those ideas to try help her out suffer less!
I might find those gems in craft stores I can look out for that code size now and not look sooooo confused! lol very fancy with Swarovski now!
Thanks xx
802 and counting........

diamondshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:42 PM »
Oh gosh...  I had clicked the link thinking you meant in the title that the sticky plasticizer leak was sweet-tasting, like you had licked it!   :drunk:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal