collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another Disappointing Hunt T_T  (Read 693 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Another Disappointing Hunt T_T
« on: July 27, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
Back before my parents bought their house, I had a small collection of G1s and vintage Rainbow Brite toys. By small, I mean maybe 5 RB toys and 8 or 9 G1s.  When we moved house, I told my brother and brother in law to put my boxes in my new bedroom. They assured me they would.

Needless to say, they didn't. Several boxes ended up in their garage. It's been about 3 years now, I've made several excursions out there, to no avail. My last excursion was today. I had a friend with me, and between the mice, the mice droppings and spiders/webs EVERYWHERE, we didn't get very far. (We ran across two live mice, omg. I screamed like a little girl.)

My mom won't let us go out there and clean it up, because we would throw a lot of stuff away and she has kind of a hoarding mentality. She won't throw things away, though she keeps a "tidy" house.

I don't know how well I packed up that box, it may have been a tub with a nice fitted lid. I don't remember. But, it's been 3 years in a garage, how well do you think my collection has fared??

I once got ponies that were sitting in an attic for over 20 years, they came out with brown spots on them that won't go away.  I'm a little disappointed because they were in near mint shape when they went into the garage, I'm betting they won't be now. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
Re: Another Disappointing Hunt T_T
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »
Oh, that's sad.  :sad: I hope you find them and that they'll be alright! Lots of pony hugs.  :lovey:

Post Merge: July 27, 2013, 02:22:21 PM

Oh, that's sad. I hope you find them and that they'll be alright! Lots of pony hugs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:22:21 PM by UnicornTamer »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Oh that is a shame :( Hopefully you will get to them eventually.

Yes, there is a risk that the could have issues. But it really does depend on the condition in the box - I am going to keep everything crossed that they come out with very few or no issues at all!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 03:04:59 PM »
Thanks, guys. Not only are they missing but a bunch of photos I had of my son younger and my boyfriend are missing. :(

I wish my mom would just let us clean it out. She isn't going to like she said and we can't convince her that she isn't going to want these items all covered in mouse droppings.

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »
That stinks.  :sad: I'm in a somewhat similar situation- my old ponies are lost somewhere in my parents' basement several years ago, which is above ground so I thought it wouldn't be too big of a problem, but my mom told me yesterday that there was a leak somewhere and a lot of stuff was ruined by mold. She actually wants me to clean it out (they're moving soon) so hopefully they'll turn up, but I'm worried what condition they'll be in (also, they had a black widow infestation a few years ago, and I'm not convinced they're all gone...) I hope yours are safe!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
Aw, I'm so sorry!  I hope you can find them soon.  :hug:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 06:08:59 AM »
(also, they had a black widow infestation a few years ago, and I'm not convinced they're all gone...)

Yea, I'd be all "nope" and hire someone else to get bitten.

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »
Yea, I'd be all "nope" and hire someone else to get bitten.

Lol, my mom offered to drag everything out of the basement for me, but unfortunately since I'm purging my old stuff I have to go through it myself to determine what to keep (though I did this the first time they moved; I'm tempted to just bring a chunk of it back home with me, although I have no room to spare.) The worst is that before they discovered the spider problem and had an exterminator come, I'd already poked around their basement without gloves...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal