collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my hubby embarrassed me at TRU  (Read 2344 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
my hubby embarrassed me at TRU
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:54:03 AM »
I went thrifting tonight and didn't find any ponies this time. I did manage to go into a Toys R Us and was standing in the pony aisle  when my hubby noticed a lady wearing a MLP shirt who was caring some plushy ponies. I hope she didn't hear him teasing me as he kept saying " Aren't you going to say Hi?! It's the pony lady!! Say Hi to the pony lady. It's the pony lady. See. See see her pony shirt and she has ponies". :blink: I was like " Cut it out you are embarrassing me. What if she doesn't care." I felt weird so if it was you in TRU and you heard my hubby saying this about you accept my apology cuz he was embarrassing the crap outta me cuz he refers to me as a pony lady too. As if not just being a female human being is enough he makes me feel like us collectors are some strange human pony breed ourselves ... :lol:So yes I came up empty handed. The blind bags were all picked over. I didn't buy a darn MLP thing but I did come home and get on Arena and was browsing some pictures on here of mine and felt like I got a free pony when I saw I had 2 Greek gals I totally forgot I bought last year via the Arena which rocks my pony socks off. :lol:

feel free to tell me if anyone has ever done this to you in the store

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: my hubby embarrassed me at TRU
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:33:26 AM »
 :lol: my hubby refers to me as pony lady too, hence my user name!

I don't have any funny stories, as he has not yet embarrassed me a store. And that is only because when I head to the toy isle, he heads for sporting goods.

Great story though!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 01:40:04 AM »
The only person that can embarass me is me, and yes I've made a fool of myself in the store plenty of times, especially upon finding Diamond Rose when she first came to Sweden, and also the time when I found Frankies Fearleading fashion pack way after I thougth it had sold out, tucked in the back of some newer fashion packs. My poor BF, standing next to a grown woman, squeeing and jumping up and down in the toy aisle...

Offline TwinkleEye

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • TwinkleEye's little sculptures
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 01:59:21 AM »
(...) My poor BF, standing next to a grown woman, squeeing and jumping up and down in the toy aisle...

:lol: No chance if the "inner child" take command. I know this kind of situations too.  ^.^

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:14:40 AM »
Joe's used to me by now, he doesn't even roll his eyes at me when I do this any more :p

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:13:46 AM »
I was looking for some FS ponies and my boyfriend was standing next to me. I said something like "I dont have this one yet" and he goes all red and corrects me "you mean the little girl you are buying it for, doesnt have it yet?!".. Took me a while to understand what he meant, but then I saw someone standing near us, so he was embarrassed about me buying ponies.  :lol: I dont get it. I dont care what others think, but for him its a big deal.

Offline Rosette

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 05:29:07 AM »
My son is five and has bizarre conversational skills.  (My husband calls it conversation-gambit Tourette's.). He doesn't realize complete strangers don't want to talk.  So, in line at a deli he might say to the person in front of us, "My name is Graeme and I love the Garfield franchise.  I'm five. We're on a road trip from Illinois.  My mom loves ponies."  No matter what, the part about ponies is in every conversation.  Embarrassing!  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »
my friends find it embarrassing wen i just casually walk into the girl toy isles wen out with me. and i get stared at by little girls but thats pretty normal~ im a 6'2" 17 year old young man acting like a 5 year old over ponies

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
My son is five and has bizarre conversational skills.  (My husband calls it conversation-gambit Tourette's.). He doesn't realize complete strangers don't want to talk.  So, in line at a deli he might say to the person in front of us, "My name is Graeme and I love the Garfield franchise.  I'm five. We're on a road trip from Illinois.  My mom loves ponies."  No matter what, the part about ponies is in every conversation.  Embarrassing!  :)

Awwww..... such a cute story about your son!!  My oldest son has ASD and is also quite the talker.  We never know what embarrassing thing he is going to say in public.  Once, while we were at a museum and he was bored and really hungry for lunch, he told one of the tour guides, "I'm really hungry.  I only had one doughnut for breakfast today.  But they're not terrible parents."  :lol:

gypsyunicon, I hope that the other "pony lady" is a member here in the arena and eventually reads this post.  I'm sure she'd totally understand and even find it rather humourous. ;) So sorry to hear your boyfriend embarrassed you like that, though.  I don't really care what people think, either, but I have to admit it's kind of nice having children so it doesn't look as odd when I put toys in my shopping trolley.  :P

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Eldarwen

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 06:44:56 AM »
I don't really care what people think, either, but I have to admit it's kind of nice having children so it doesn't look as odd when I put toys in my shopping trolley.  :P

I dont care what people think, but for my boyfriend its a big deal. So I always keep telling him that no one knows why im buying ponies. Maybe I have a child and im buying it for her birthday? Or maybe im just buying them as a gift for someone else? No one knows! I mean, if I see someone buying toys, I always assume its something like that. Even when im a collector myself!  :lol:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 06:55:03 AM »
I don't really care what people think, either, but I have to admit it's kind of nice having children so it doesn't look as odd when I put toys in my shopping trolley.  :P

I dont care what people think, but for my boyfriend its a big deal. So I always keep telling him that no one knows why im buying ponies. Maybe I have a child and im buying it for her birthday? Or maybe im just buying them as a gift for someone else? No one knows! I mean, if I see someone buying toys, I always assume its something like that. Even when im a collector myself!  :lol:

Same here!  And in fact, I often dash off to look at the toys while my husband is in another part of the store with the kids, so I don't employ them as decoys as often as I could. ;) I mostly figure, "Who cares?  No one knows why I'm buying the toy and I don't need to explain myself to anyone."  When I look at ponies, I let my inner self jump up and down while on the outside I remain calm and unaffected, lol.  :P

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Tap Dancer

• Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:07:44 AM »
I don't care what anyone thinks of me. It's no one's business what I buy. :poke:

Once, while we were at a museum and he was bored and really hungry for lunch, he told one of the tour guides, "I'm really hungry.  I only had one doughnut for breakfast today.  But they're not terrible parents."  :lol

LOL  :biggrin:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
I do not really have any stores. I have had people look at me when I stand there and look at the ponies. I have gone threw all the blind bags looking at the numbers. I was looking for a few ponies for my daughter. I think they thought I was trying to steal something or what.

I love reading what you all have wrote :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 08:10:11 AM »
I told my friend as I headed down the pony isle at Wally World. "What it won't kill you". Her response (meant in fun), "It might, you never know". Once she realized the "why" behind my actions and that I often trade blind bags for Hot Wheels. Yeah now it's all good.

Last Christmas I felt nervous about gifting her a Hot Wheels car. In front of her parents, turned out all my worry was for nothing. Her dad (who's 56) had been given a Hot Wheels track. So now all three of us collect.

As for being in the store, she's heard me say "oh there for my cousins". Which she rolls her eyes at because my cousins are, all now my age or older. :p

Sorry your husband embarrassed you. I try to keep calm, while on the inside I'm ten years old.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 08:22:47 AM »
I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who doesn't mind my collecting ponies and doesn't think it's silly. He'd never embarrass me like that. He says he'll never remember the names of all the G1 ponies, though today he managed to remember what CP stands for  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal