collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My ebay curse. Now I'M going to demand cheer me up pictures!  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
Re: My ebay curse. Now I'M going to demand cheer me up pictures!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »
I've had to go cold turkey on ebay for a while. Been spending waaaay too much.

Maybe I'm weird, but I love staying awake at all hours to watch the last hour of an auction, and it doesn't bother me that much if I don't win.

There's an odd auction up there at the moment for a Pinkie Pie. Not sure what one it is though because there are two different versions of Pinkie shown in the pic. Right facing inkie is a Valantine's version, and left facing pinkie is a crystal empire one with the new head style and gem highlights in the eyes.
I tried to ask the seller which pony they were actually selling and they didn't understand what I was talking about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »
I hate asking questions and getting the whole 'i don't understand your question' back. I'm probably a really annoying ebayer too because if I see a pony listed under the wrong name I send the seller a message to tell them the right name. And when I see ponies and the seller says they don't know the names of them I tell them the names. I'm just trying to be helpful but I'm sure I annoy them.

I can stare at ebay for hours, it bothers me when I lose a bid on a pony that i really really really want.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:28 AM »

My Greek Bluebelle. Ok, so I didn't really fight hard to get her, but she is a fun story. A pony pal of mine posted the link to her auction on her facebook page. We were all chatting about how it sucks when a good deal comes up on ebay and you don't have the money. She bad a BIN, and she was gone within 3 hours of her being posted on facebook. A few days later my husband and I were talking, and he told me that he was sorry, but he got me something for Valentines Day. (I don't like V-day). He told me that it was something that I mentioned that I had wanted within the last week. After guessing for about 36 straight hours he says to me, "You didn't tell me you wanted it....you were telling other people." For some reason I said, "The only thing I can think of is that Greek Bluebelle." He said, "Ah she's Greek, that's why she's coming from Greece." I couldn't believe it. He had saw the facebook posts, and went and bought her for me!

This girl on the other hand was a thrilling win for me! I had lost out on so many auctions for her. Then a year ago right around my birthday, I saw her up for sale. She has a trimmed tail, and I guess that that turned a lot of people off. I threw up a bid of $25, and won her! She was a birthday present to myself. I actually like her bobbed tail. lol

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
Just yesterday. I missed a pegasus Ploomette that ended up going for a great price. You just have to remember that ponies will come around again! In the throes of post-auction frustration that doesn't help much, but you'll get a chance again.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 10:00:39 AM »
Once, I saw Beautiful Bows going really cheap and I thought I'd give it a go. I fought someone on Ebay over her in the very last seconds and the other person won. By 50p.

I repeat. 50p.

But oh well, that's Ebay life ! I usually win it all, so I can't really complain :)

On the bright note, I fought for Princess Sparkle as well and I got her ! :D Man, I wanted this pony since I was a child (she was one of my grails, really) and I was really excited to finally have her~

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 10:14:36 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your ebay troubles :hug: It's so upsetting to lose out on a pony you really want! I hope you find another one :)

My happy story is this!

I got into a bidding war over non BBE Baby Ribbon which also included a sought after lunch box, thermos, and vintage style pony for my swap partner! I did such a happy dance when I won them :happy:
My Wish List

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »

005 by xhuxhurocket, on Flickr

My Italian AB eye Minty! I won her for $30 including shipping! No one else even bid. Sometimes you just get lucky :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »
I hate when that happen. I was so sure I was gonna get a really minty G2 Miss Painter last week, but someone else bidded the last 5 seconds. >_<

I don't have any pics yet, but I bought 4 of the Dutch Baby ponies from ebay. They were a little over priced but I'm so glad I found them. I'm only missing Baby Rabbit.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »
Ohhh I never "fight" for my ponies.  I simply am more than willing to throw cash at what I want. 

If I am watching an auction, you had better believe I will bid my absolute max - with shipping already calculated.  If I want it, I'm not bidding at the asking price - I'm bidding at least $10 over what I expect the deal to go for.  I'm not looking for the deal - I want my pony!  :-p

I imagine there are others like me... I bet if Hathorcat and I went at it over an accessory, we would have one happy seller!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 01:24:59 PM »
It happens too often I bid my max and get outbid at the last seconds LOL
but sometimes I get to win them the same way , is just the time of the bid ending
sometimes you can not be there for it, but If I'am I do my best to bid at the end.
if I'm not there, then I bid my max and forget about it,if I win great,if I don't...then there will be another one ....or not !!!!aRGGJJJJHHH
LOL
sometimes rare ones won't come around again .
I lost one time an orange carriage euro release and I have not ever seen one again :(
it was the reason I joined here and I was able to get it from Germany with the help of a very nice Arena Member
It was not cheap and it was not easy to get it,so sometimes you have to factor that in, if it is rare,it might be a nightmare to get one .
so that is when you have to jump on the cell and be there for the end LOL

:)I was able to score some G2's this week ,it was not easy to win them and I had to even set up my max , I was about to get outbid for 34 cents, and it took 2 dllrs more to win it :)!!!

pony business is serious business :) but lots of fun too :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
oops... my no ebay policy only lasted four days...

could not resist...

:blush:

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »
I imagine there are others like me... I bet if Hathorcat and I went at it over an accessory, we would have one happy seller!  :D 

ROFL...oh my goodness how well you know me :P

That was exactly what I was going to say. I always do a happy dance when I get a pony...but some accessories...I have literally run around my house making squeeing noises. If its an accessory I have been looking for for a long time or have never seen up for sale, you can bet I ll be winning that at all costs lol...I ll then kick myself for a week for spending so much...then it will arrive and I will do the dancing around the house.

Although the best item recently was a dutch baby barrette which I got after a trade with the awesome Daffy :) Now that was a happy day!

I know it sucks at this time Marlin - while I ll admit I am that crazy ebay bidder myself, there have been times I have grossly underestimated an ending price and missed out. So :hug: - I hope you get a bargain soon.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »
Here is one I really wanted...broke my buying hiatus for it...

elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »
Aww thanks everyone for the gorgeous piccies and replies  ^.^  Omg - Josiekat!! Red Roses was who I missed out on yesterday!!  :cry:  But like people have said, there will be others  :rolleyes: 

Dludnerad - that Dutch pony is stunning!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2013, 07:02:47 PM »

not pony but it makes me grin.

i just lost out on another auction for SS Twilight, though this one also had a mainsail in it :x
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal