collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Theory on the new orange pony  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Theory on the new orange pony
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 11:28:41 PM »
Ah!!

I really want to know who she is. Maybe she's just a random side character/bg pony that Hasbro decided to make into a brushable since they had an empty slot? If they were surprised she was made into a brushable then she must not be that important.

(On the other hand, I am slightly disappointed that she is related to the show and not a toy-only character)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:30:18 PM by Owlsy »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 11:32:30 PM »
Well here are things I have heard on a certain other website from a person who knows who she is:
1. She is a girl
2. She is from something secret that they can't talk about (Equestria Girls?)
3. They were surprised she got made into a brushable (implies she is related to the show, and not meant to be toy only).

Hm, interesting info there, thanks for sharing. I do hope she has eyelashes when she's released though. Her eyes look naked..somehow..
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 11:35:08 PM »
Not that I personally wouldn't be okay with it, but I honestly think it's a bad move for FiM to write Twilight out of the show and replace her with a new character- if that is what they are doing. She's the main character, and the most down-to-earth one because she is supposed to be the everyday, relateable girl. Sure, she has some quirks, and they make her interesting, but at the end of the day she is pretty normal. No matter how well this new pony would be written, it's definitely going to be a challenge to do it in a way that won't break that link with the audience that Twilight Sparkle is supposed to serve and has already established.

I could be wrong, I really could, but if this is what they are doing I really do doubt their ability to pull it off well. :/

Perhaps the new pony will extend the cast to a "Mane 7?" Or maybe she has something to do with this supposed movie? Maybe she will be more of an occasional character like the CMC or Cheerilee, or arguably even Celestia?

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:59 AM »
Want!!! She looks very cool!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 03:11:56 AM »
I don't think they would actually replace TS. Has anyone ever seen Disney's Hercules? He becomes a god at the end of the movie, but then decides to stay on earth with Meg - "A life without Meg... even an immortal life, would be empty. I wish to stay on earth with her" So I'm thinking TW will become a princess but choose to stay in Ponyville with her friends :)
My Wish List

stormwing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:31 AM »

My silly theory:
Her name is Firework and she is actually Katy Perry, ponified. Why do I say this? Because Hasbro recently registered "Equestria Girls" as a trademark.

I love this theory!

But either way I think she's pretty and I'm sure I'll love her in whatever her intended capacity is.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 06:42:25 AM »
I don't really care what her role is. I am just so happy to see another brushable I can add to the wishlist! :)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:05 AM »
Oooo! she looks gorgeous :D maybe a mardi-gras themed pony :P

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »
I like the idea that the sixth place in the playful line will be reserved for new characters whether show inspired or not.  Then we could at least be guaranteed at least one new character per wave.  I'm really going to be hoping for that.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:10 AM »
Do you think they would have two orange ponies in the main six? I was thinking if they have a replacement for Twilight Sparkle she would be purple or green instead of having Applejack and the new pony both being orange :)

I thought the exact same thing.  She doesn't look right with the other main ponies.  We already have orange Applejack and she also is a bit too flashy next to the other 5 ponies.  Even her symbol stands out as being more detailed and flashy.  If they were replacing Twilight, I would see them introducing a green pony, or another purple one but with a different shade of purple and a totally different hair color.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »
I suspect she isn't anyone in particular--just like Dewdrop Dazzle and Honeybuzz and Lily Blossom. We all know Hasbro toys don't necessarily tie in to the episodes.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:58 AM »
I suspect she isn't anyone in particular--just like Dewdrop Dazzle and Honeybuzz and Lily Blossom. We all know Hasbro toys don't necessarily tie in to the episodes.

This. I'm sure we do not know everything they plan to release this year. She's probably just a RR brushable with the mask theme others will have. Hopefully a couple more new characters will follow.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 08:40:18 AM »
Well.  Maybe she's the new Ponyville Librarian!  :D

I wouldn't mind if she replaced TS in the show... but maybe because I"m biased towards yellow ponies XD  and SUPER happy to see a non-mane-6 brushable.

Offline Pleyone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 10:33:47 AM »
I think she is a friend for when they go to the Cristal Empire as Cadence, as a princess, is very busy (and Hasbro wants to introduce new ponies). I really like those hot colours...

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »
Ohh haha I just scanned through 10 pages of the toy fair thread. Thanks, Rhini! :) She's a real beauty! Her symbol is kind of Princess Celestia-y. Like Hasbro was like 'hey we should totally create a Honeybuzz/Celestia love child'.

Post Merge: February 10, 2013, 03:31:58 PM

Ohh haha I just scanned through 10 pages of the toy fair thread. Thanks, Rhini! :) She's a real beauty! Her symbol is kind of Princess Celestia-y. Like Hasbro was like 'hey we should totally create a Honeybuzz/Celestia love child'.

I was thinking in Celestia going out wit one of the Fimflam brothers  :enthralled:

Best Theory ever :)

Next question, which Flim Flam brother was it? Season 4 will open with all three of them on the Jerry Springer show. :P
Springer Springs(Jerry Springer pony parody):The DNA results are in...and Flim...
Celestia: O_O
Flim: O_O
Flam: O_O
DramaPony: :dizzy:
Springer Springs: You are...NOT the father.
Pinkie Pie: *Dramatic Gasp* I KNEW IT!
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal