collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

how does that make you feel?

Good! I don't want to see ponies until the reach shelves
8 (6.1%)
Bad! I NEED to know what's comming! Eye candy!
90 (68.2%)
Not too sure ...
34 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: There hasn't been any leaked pony in a while ...  (Read 2213 times)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: There hasn't been any leaked pony in a while ...
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
I like to know cuz then I can prepare my wishlist. I feel surprised either way!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »
I for one like to know. It gives me something to anticipate. And when I see no new info I assume Hasbro is getting ready to end the MLP line again. :(

^this! I'm paranoid as well and always convinced they'll stop making ponies!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
I like to know and I like a surprise :P Lol!

There is no certainly on how long it is from seeing something on Taobao and it hitting shelves - if you do an average its 4 and a half months, but we have also had things show up and never hit shelves as well as show up and then be in stores within a month or so. I dont think there is any certainty to it.

There are multiple factories which are contracted to produce goods for Hasbro - multiple factories may have different patterns to unused/damaged product - hence why sometimes we see things on Taobao and other times we dont know anything about items until they hit shelves [the FS Cadance and Shining Armour turned up in stores before they showed up on Taobao after all].

As to why we havent seen much in the way of "new ponies and new characters" personally I think thats because Hasbro are concentrating on blind bags for new characters and more expensive box sets for the brushables with multiple of the same characters being constantly release.

The next wave looks to be the tinsel hair, block eyed mane 6 again in CE wrapping. Hopefully after that we will have another wave featuring at least a couple of new characters - one of which is probably Ploomette. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 10:46:06 AM »
i think  Hathorcats right.. i think  all the new charecers are being released  as  BB figures.. and htey  are proably just goign to keep repackaging the mane  6. as reugalr brushables

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 12:25:33 PM »
I'm looking forward to the white Celestia brushable, Luna, and Ploomette, but yeah I seriously hope they make more characters! I'm happy they made a couple accessory sets too. If not this year, then possibly next Spring we'll see more brushables?

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 01:53:19 PM »
     I also like to know so I know how much money to set aside for new releases, but I think the real issue is that Hasbro's PR team sucks because they're out of touch with their customers.

Every new bit of info you find is from some third party. I think shutting us out is a really crappy arrogant way to keep us interested in the line, it's like they won't admit to selling something unless there's evidence on store shelves.

Mattel's design teams go to certain forums and tell you in your post whether what you want is coming out this year or next, or whether it's unreasonable due to cost, or why they decided to do a running change or why they won't make a certain figure. It's not like they're going to grant your wish, but at least you get the feeling like you've been listened to by the right people.

I for one would really like to know why they got rid of the bangs in favor of mullets on the brushables, but there's no one to ask! The designers have to be out there, they're interested enough to make these toys but they don't want to express or discuss any of their decisions?

Go figure, Hasbro. I can never forget the time their laywers sent thugs to a nerf enthusiast blogger's home because he bought a nerf stuff on ebay and taobao before it's retail release; http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2012/04/free-stuff-from-hasbro-story-of-uts.html

/rant
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:06:19 PM by popyduggan »

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
I'm not sure.

One part of me loves getting sneakpeaks of what's to come, but the other side of me love the element of surprise :P If I stumble across pre-released info then that's awesome. If not I'm not gonna look it up ;)
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »
     I also like to know so I know how much money to set aside for new releases, but I think the real issue is that Hasbro's PR team sucks because they're out of touch with their customers.

Every new bit of info you find is from some third party. I think shutting us out is a really crappy arrogant way to keep us interested in the line, it's like they won't admit to selling something unless there's evidence on store shelves.

Mattel's design teams go to certain forums and tell you in your post whether what you want is coming out this year or next, or whether it's unreasonable due to cost, or why they decided to do a running change or why they won't make a certain figure. It's not like they're going to grant your wish, but at least you get the feeling like you've been listened to by the right people.

I for one would really like to know why they got rid of the bangs in favor of mullets on the brushables, but there's no one to ask! The designers have to be out there, they're interested enough to make these toys but they don't want to express or discuss any of their decisions?

Go figure, Hasbro. I can never forget the time their laywers sent thugs to a nerf enthusiast blogger's home because he bought a nerf stuff on ebay and taobao before it's retail release; http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2012/04/free-stuff-from-hasbro-story-of-uts.html

/rant

Mattel did get down on anyone who posted the Scaris stuff. It seems most toy companies don't like to reveal stuff too soon.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
Just so everyone knows, Equestria Daily has a preview of some new brushables. I would post the link but the filter keeps changing it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:07:59 PM by PiexLover »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 08:12:20 PM »
I for one like to know. It gives me something to anticipate. And when I see no new info I assume Hasbro is getting ready to end the MLP line again. :(

Exactly what I feel!! I get worried when nothing new has popped up...

I also agree with this. I like the anticipation.  Although now I know better than to buy prototypes of things that will be released.  Like I am sure the spa ponies will come out and I will not have to spend more than retail.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 05:58:28 AM »
Just so everyone knows, Equestria Daily has a preview of some new brushables. I would post the link but the filter keeps changing it.

Do you mean the main 6 in bubble release rather than packets - tinsel in hair, CE packaging and a blocky eye? The Fluttershy version of this was posted on here several weeks ago - this is the Wave 9 which was referred to earlier :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:01 AM »

Do you mean the main 6 in bubble release rather than packets - tinsel in hair, CE packaging and a blocky eye? The Fluttershy version of this was posted on here several weeks ago - this is the Wave 9 which was referred to earlier :)

Yup that's what I'm talking about, though my post was a bit earlier than the thread that someone made about it.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »

Yup that's what I'm talking about, though my post was a bit earlier than the thread that someone made about it.

No apologies...I was talking about this post :) http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,307896.0.html - where someone had managed to purchase the Fluttershy - this was from a few weeks ago
Loa is my love god!

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »

No apologies...I was talking about this post :) http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,307896.0.html - where someone had managed to purchase the Fluttershy - this was from a few weeks ago

I was not talking about that Fluttershy but the one posted on Equestria Daily looks exactly like that, just with different packaging and a DVD ^.^

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it's nice getting a sneak peek and having something to look forward to....but, likewise, sometimes it takes SO long for the ponies to actually get here from when we first see them that it's like waiting on pins and needles. Especially when some places get them waaaay sooner than others, and then it becomes even easier to get all paranoid that your area won't even get them at all! Also, I remember I wasn't even in the loop at all when Diamond Rose and Bumblesweet were released and I was so unbelievably shocked and excited when I found them in store and all I have planned on getting was a Twilight Sparkle (who I've actually yet to pick up). It was this totally epic moment of surprise and awesomeness, and I would really love to just be shopping unaware and have this gorgeous new pony unexpectedly pop up! So, I guess for now, I'm okay with no sneak peeks. While I'd still like to see them, maybe it'd be better if they were released a little bit closer to when the actually ponies will be in stores.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal