collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G4 Mini Plushies of Twilight, PP, and RD at Target- Pics!  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: New G4 Mini Plushies of Twilight, PP, and RD at Target- Pics!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »
Seriously jealous of your reasonably priced Disney toys :P

I wonder if its just me then because I am not understanding what the quality issue is with them then? Is it because they dont resemble the toy line enough or the brushables enough or just their general appearance?

No need to be jealous, I don't think they're cheap - Just that everything else is overpriced to match them. haha. xD

It's not really a 'quality'-issue for me. More a design-issue, since I REALLY do not like the way they've done the manes and tails. As someone here mentioned, it might have worked for G3, but with G4 the hairstyle is part of the character, so I think they should pay a tribute to that. And it is possible, even at a low price and in a small beanie child toy, since Filly (and also PKMN I think) proves this.

Ah well, I don't actually want to pick any fights here. I was just excited to hear 'beanie plushes released!' and then got very disappointed upon seeing those. I really don't like 'em. Sadly.  :huh:

But hey, those of you who do, good luck on your hunt and have fun with them!! :heart:
After all, like I mentioned before, I own&love the two TRU plushes that most people here think of as abominations. :D ^^;

ChenilleTwist

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
I'm not whining, I'm complaining! :P

I'm agreeing with Fräulein_Kim, it's not the quality, it's the design. The quality is fine. The design, could be better.

If the confetti-ribbon hair was the only issue, it would be just as easy as buying them up and re-hairing them proper. That is not the case. The eyes are WAY too small on these, their snouts are large, and the material on the inside of the ears gives them a decidedly cat-like quality to them. They just look like cutesy little cartoon hippos!

Honestly, after looking them over I'd even forgive the awful hair if their eyes were just a little bigger. They need to be at least 40% bigger in fact, I just tinkered with the first photo in photoshop, and now they look like something I would buy! I gave them a slight mouth lift as well.

(I don't think it would be proper to post the results without Gypsy_Nights permission though!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 01:16:13 PM »
Seriously jealous of your reasonably priced Disney toys :P

I wonder if its just me then because I am not understanding what the quality issue is with them then? Is it because they dont resemble the toy line enough or the brushables enough or just their general appearance?

No need to be jealous, I don't think they're cheap - Just that everything else is overpriced to match them. haha. xD

It's not really a 'quality'-issue for me. More a design-issue, since I REALLY do not like the way they've done the manes and tails. As someone here mentioned, it might have worked for G3, but with G4 the hairstyle is part of the character, so I think they should pay a tribute to that. And it is possible, even at a low price and in a small beanie child toy, since Filly (and also PKMN I think) proves this.

Ah well, I don't actually want to pick any fights here. I was just excited to hear 'beanie plushes released!' and then got very disappointed upon seeing those. I really don't like 'em. Sadly.  :huh:

But hey, those of you who do, good luck on your hunt and have fun with them!! :heart:
After all, like I mentioned before, I own&love the two TRU plushes that most people here think of as abominations. :D ^^;

I get that :) I was honestly just wondering what about them was off putting for some people [I am with you on the hair being weird :P]...nicer to know and understand than always wonder.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:17:46 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 01:41:35 PM »
I am inclined to disagree that this quality has anything at all to do with ease of mass-production, because I have a fantastic Zorua mini-plush (from Pokemon) right here that looks spot-on to his animated counterpart.

Many Pokemon are way more complex in design than the ponies, yet the company Jakks Pacific managed to produce enough complicated, quality plush (with variety no less) for the mass market and keep the price reasonable. It was originally $8 at TRU, yes, but judging by the way the boxes were picked over, people were willing to spend that amount on Zoruas, Tepigs and Snivys, but just not on Wubats and Munnas (Can't blame them there! :P). These weren't looked over because they were poorly made, but because they're lame Pokemon! :lol:

Hasbro/Funrise could have done much better, and would not have had the same problem Game Freak/Jakks Pacific has with their plushes (shelf warmers) because not only does every pony use the same body pattern, but the mane 6 are generally equally liked anyway. Bottom line is they just didn't care.

From what i gathered Jakks pokemon plush are not that great. I own a snivy plush from them and not only is the design not "show accurate" but the quality is also kinda "meh". It's definitely a "you get what you pay for" deal. I don't see them being better than those pony plush.
I also heard Jakks plush are not getting restocked untill they get rid of Woobat/Munna and Jakks has actually been pretty negligent of their pokemon toyline. ^^;
So i wouldn't use them as a good example.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Stroggos

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 04:58:59 AM »
I'm looking forward to the larger versions. An increase in size will mean an increase in price, and hopefully this will correspond to an increase in quality. Hopefully there are some Funrise or Hasbro reps reading this aswell to get a feel for how they are received by more dedicated collectors. Mighty darn glad Pinkie is going to be in UK shores, though.

I might have to deal with some funny looks when people visit my apartment, but on the other hand I'm an adult now and that makes it my turn to decide what that means. Argos here I come.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »
Does any pony have the Target product codes for these? (sorry if wrong thread)

Bronley

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
Does any pony have the Target product codes for these? (sorry if wrong thread)
All 3 are under DPCI 086-02-0932
http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?tcin=&dpci=086-02-0932

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 09:59:37 AM »
Aww!  I think they're cute!  Especially for $5!

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

will2Bfree

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
I have to be perfectly honest.. I don't like them. :7
I even liked the 2 TRU plushes better than these... :<

I'm agreeing with Fräulein_Kim, it's not the quality, it's the design. The quality is fine. The design, could be better.

If the confetti-ribbon hair was the only issue, it would be just as easy as buying them up and re-hairing them proper. That is not the case. The eyes are WAY too small on these, their snouts are large, and the material on the inside of the ears gives them a decidedly cat-like quality to them. They just look like cutesy little cartoon hippos!

I was beginning to feel like the only one who didn't like them. I actually think they're rather hideous. While they definitely lose personality with that hair, my main problem is with their snouts. While the heads on these are a little better than the older Target Twilight Sparkle with the "puckered" mouth, I think the best so far have been the "Jumbo" TRU plush, despite their slightly too pyramidish legs. I know people didn't like the faux fur style hair, but I prefer it to these weird ribbons, and the head was shaped great.

While I'm not a pokemon fan, I've seen those little plushes and thought they were amazingly well done compared to the pony plush curse we seem to have going on. They really do look like the creatures in the show (with correct proportions and everything! Imagine!) and several of them are quite a bit more complicated than a pony.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 07:39:09 AM »
I'm looking forward to the larger versions. An increase in size will mean an increase in price, and hopefully this will correspond to an increase in quality. Hopefully there are some Funrise or Hasbro reps reading this aswell to get a feel for how they are received by more dedicated collectors. Mighty darn glad Pinkie is going to be in UK shores, though.

I've seen the larger version of these at walmart :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »
I FINALLY found one of these!! I'm so happy! :D

My personal review:

So I was walking through the Target pony aisle for the 50th time looking for the plushies, since I love plush stuff. I have never seen a box of these pony plushies at my Target but what do you know, they must have sold out because I found one lone Rainbow Dash tucked away in a box of Disney plushies right next to the pony stuff! I gleefully picked her up and ran to the cash register.

First I have to say I was really surprised at the size. I was expecting something a little bigger, from pics I've seen here at the Arena. I think she's smaller than a FS! But for $5, that's not too surprising.

The hair I don't think is that bad. It was an interesting design choice. I wish they would have chosen red and yellow for the top of RD's mane rather than orange and yellow, it would have given the 'rainbow' feel a little better. But I understand they had to limit it to four colors. Rainbow's hair is probably a pain for toy makers lol.

Like someone else said, her wings are really cute. They're made of some kind of stiff foam covered in faux fur like the rest of the body, and the inside details are a glued on decal rather than sewn on like the eyes and cutie mark.

The only issue I have with this product is the size of the head. I know they were trying to mimic the show style. If you compare the plush to vectors from the show, the proportions are about right. (They really do have big heads on the show! lol) However, the large head and small body make these plushies very unstable and my plushie is always falling forward onto her face! >.< It took a lot of moving her legs around to get her stance wide enough to hold up her heavy head lol.

Other than that, I really like the plushie and I'm keeping an eye out for the larger Walmart ones as well. ;)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/FunriseToys/posts/508434219170825

They're gonna add 5" Fluttershy, 10" Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight. Also 20" Pinkie Pie from Argos Ltd. THAT'S A BIG PONY. Not sure if that's the arcade pony or not.

Sweet! I must add more items to my Pinkie army!

Anyway, I'm totally getting these Target plushies. Because I get all ponies. XD

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
I'm wishing that they'd come out with a Rarity one. She seems to have the least amount of merchadise featuring he. I'd simply ADORE to have a large plush of her. It's funny....I disliked her at first in FiM, but now she's my absolute FAVORITE character in the show.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

PolkaDot99

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »
Our stores seemed to sell out of these fast. I do hope they make Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle all in the same size/look. Of course first I have to figure out if I'm even going to keep them or not.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
I'm not a big fan I knew they would be small but it was way to small for my taste.
I was able to find the larger ones at Walmart and I like them allot more.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal