collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tara Strong is AMAZING  (Read 10328 times)

hikkchik

• Trade Count: (0)
Tara Strong is AMAZING
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »
(posted to some other pony site, too)

She came through on her promise to call my son and talked to him for 20 minutes because she cancelled her appearance at a Knoxville convention we were going to go to!!!!  I made a mention on the convention's Facebook page of him being disappointed and because he's special needs he's unable to understand why he couldn't go see her , and she saw it.  I had no clue she would ever see it.  Next thing I know she friended me and sent me a message asking if she could call him.

I can't believe it, this is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for him.  This is why the show is so good, the cast truly, truly cares about their fans.

She told him "I love you, Dragon," in Twilight Sparkle's voice and he turned beet red, and his smile just lit up the house.  :)  She also did a few others, Bubbles, Raven, crap, it just happened and I can't even think straight enough to remember.  lol

He even accidentally hung up on her and she called right back.  "Did you just hang up on TARA STRONG, Dragon?"  LMAO    That is my new favorite quote. 

She talked to him about bullies, ignoring haters, and upcoming Ben10 episodes.  :) 

She's promised to sign his Twilight Sparkle figure if I mail it, also to send him "something special" back.

Tara:  Is this Dragon?
Dragon:  ...yes.
Tara:  Do you know who this is?
Dragon:  Yes, it's Twilight Sparkle.

Dragon:  Tara, you are so talented with all those voices you do.
Tara: Yes, yes I am, aren't I?

Dear Princess Celestia, today I got to talk to an awesome person named Dragon.
Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:58:26 PM by hikkchik »

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
Re: Tara Strong is AMAZING
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:47 PM »
Oh my god! That is so brilliant and sweet!  That's fantastic, that's one of the more heartwarming things I'll hear this year. That's great, that made me smile, a lot, that's awesome.

Thanks for sharing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Folly

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:44 PM »
This thread has restored all of the faith in humanity that I've ever lost.  I feel so happy just hearing about it.

Tara Strong is pretty much the coolest person ever, in the whole world.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:59:38 PM »
 Tara cares about her fans so much. It's just absolutely awesome.  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

hikkchik

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:11:12 AM »
I never ever expected this to happen.  When I heard she cancelled, I figured, well, that's it.  Our one chance to meet her, kaput.  Then on her Twitter page she asked people who were planning to go to send her what they had wanted her to sign, she'd autograph it and send it back at her cost.  That alone stunned me.  Then when she said she'd send Dragon a little something extra, I almost fainted.  NOW...I'm just in shock.  lol 

I may be biased, but I think he deserves the happiness this has brought him.  He deals with bullies in school, he's picked on daily, he's been threatened, had obscene pictures drawn on the back of his shirt, had tobacco juice spit into his backpack, been tricked into asking another boy a sexual question he didn't understand, and yet he still has a smile and hug for the people he loves, and he wants to be friends with everyone.  It hurts him so much when someone doesn't like him.  Now he can always say to himself, "Someone as cool as Tara Strong likes me, so there CAN'T be anything wrong with me."  :)

Offline DarthEquus

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • THE BRONY SITH LORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »
I drink a toast of orange juice to this event. Suddenly, the world looks more colorful after reading this entry.
"King Sombra's Royal Thesaurus: Improve your vocabulary in 10 easy lessons. 15th revised edition." -Book found in Quarter Island, Adventure of the Lunarbolts.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »
that is astounding...i grew up helping special needs here and there...i even remember being the protector for the special kids in HS and JRH..someone had to step up right?...at age 13 my mother became dissabled and ive been in this helpin the dissabled life ever since..that was 20+ years ago and im still in it for the long haul

so for someone like her...to go that far out of the way to do something that special is amazing..flat out AMAZING it speaks the world of who she is and what she can do and she uses it the best way she possibly can

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »
What a lovely story!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
This is such a brilliant story!

I can't believe she took the time to do that! Thanks you so much for sharing, this really brightened my day. Your son defenitely deserved this!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 02:22:33 AM »
That is so amazing!  What a treasure she is! 

Angelshy

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:43:50 AM »
That is a truly heat warming story. That is so lovely for you guys <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 06:11:46 AM »
That is such a lovely thing to do...and whats even more amazing is it sounds as though its made your little boys week! Hopefully he ll never forget that call!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 06:25:56 AM »
I am constantly amazed and surprised by Tara. She really will go the extra mile for her fans, so it seems, and it's truly wonderful. It's so great that she took the time to talk to your son, it seems he really appreciated it.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
Very cool :)  It's things like that this make me realize we aren't a lost civilization yet!  Awesome!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:15 AM »
Wow you're son is so lucky.  Tara Strong is very awesome.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal