collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collecting Toys...  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting Toys...
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »
Ah, I'm really sorry that happened to you.  She must have absolutely no inner child left inside and that's kind of sad.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
I can't post what I would have said to here as it is not PG....Hey it's your money you will buy what you want and im sure they don't care who they sell to.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
Oh that woman needed to mind her own business and not judge toy collectors like that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
I wonder if she has a granddaughter who likes Monster High or Lalaloopsy and when she was trying to buy them she saw a scalper with a cart full of them and assumed they were a collector because they didn't have any kids with them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
I wouldn't let it bother you too much.  :hug:

If you get joy out of something and there's no harm in it, then it doesn't matter for whom it was originally intended.  I'm sure you get just as much joy out of Lily Lightly as any kid would - and you probably won't be outgrowing it and donating it to the thrift shop any time soon.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »
grown-ups need toys too!

pay no mind to what she said.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »
I have to admit it upset me a little, mostly I was surprised and embarrassed as no one has ever reacted to my collecting MLPs like that before, not to mention Ive never had a complete stranger come up to me and start ranting at me, my overly shy self wanted to crawl away and hide...  :blush:
Of course my goof ball friend wouldn't let me, she marched me to the checkout saying rather loudly  "she's probably one of those closet collectors and just wanted the pony for herself" lol :lol:
Lol! She was probably just mad that you got to her first! >:/

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 07:19:00 PM »
Wow. Sounds like she is the one that needs a hobby. It's true a kid probably would have enjoyed it, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get to!

If it makes you feel any better, children who actually like ponies tend to think collectors are awesome in my experience, not that we're thieves. They think it's neat that we can relate to what they like.

It's sad to think that someone would berate you like that for your interests, but please don't let it get to you! There's always going to be negative people, but it's best to ignore them. Her negative attitude is going to have a worse effect on the world than your toys, anyhow.

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 09:02:50 PM »
Ignore the ol' busy body!  I'm sorry you were upset by her words.  The fact of the matter is, what you do (or anybody else does) is really none of her business!

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
I was thinking like your friend...She probably got mad that she didn't get to it first! Then thought if she made a scene you'd put it down where she'd scoop it up :) 
Don't let people get to you! I have to hear it enough from my family (not my hubby though) So if I heard something like that from a complete stranger...well lets just say you handeled it Way better than I would've! People just can't understand if something makes you happy and theirs no harm to anyone...then what's the problem! It's your money and time and it's certainly not hurting anyone. Like someone else said...plenty of ponies out their for kids! Enjoy your pony collecting and have FUN!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:53 PM »
I've had people do that to me before. And I straight up tell them to MYOB and that I leave behind the ponies I already have.
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
I have to admit it upset me a little, mostly I was surprised and embarrassed as no one has ever reacted to my collecting MLPs like that before, not to mention Ive never had a complete stranger come up to me and start ranting at me, my overly shy self wanted to crawl away and hide...  :blush:
Of course my goof ball friend wouldn't let me, she marched me to the checkout saying rather loudly  "she's probably one of those closet collectors and just wanted the pony for herself" lol :lol:
Lol! She was probably just mad that you got to her first! >:/

Haha This!
But you shouldn't mind her, i know its not fun getting yeald at and such, but she is just an crazy lady!!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »
Whaaat?  So rude! 
Not to mention completely illogical.  I guess that means I'm stealing Spongebob-shaped popsicles from children every time I buy one for myself.  I mean, it's marketed to children, and yet I bought some for myself.  Well don't I feel just terrible!
(No)

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 12:42:17 AM »
Maaann I hate when people get all preachy. "Grow up", how are old ladies that collect china and figurines  different than pony collectors? :huh:

C'mon lady!  The ponies are at a thrift store because some CHILD doesn't want them! If the owners wanted them to go to less fortunate kids, there are other outlets out there. That lady should be happy you are supporting the thrift shop at all.

Aednatia

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 01:02:04 AM »
congratz on the find!!  I swear that there is an employee at each thrift store that collections or at least knows that other people collect and so buys them before the get to the floor. Only MC D ponies, fakies, or extreme baits seem to make it to the sales floor.

How did she know you weren't buying it for a little sister or something?  Judgmental people drive me crazy.     
She likely heard her friend ask if it was going in her collection.. When ever I buy a pony at the store the clerks always ask if it is a present. I just say yes. I don't understand why they need to know.

I would have replied "WHO do you think gave this pony up? some child that didn't want it! and could have probably easily have directly given it to another kid if they wanted to, but they didn't care. This pony is going to be loved where it is going so bugger off"

I never understood collecting before I started my ponies. Even though I was always given teddy bears I never considered them my collection since they are just given to me as presents and expected that I keep them (but I still really like them). And my family likes that I have a hobby but doesn't support my collecting them, but they support the bears, so I don't understand their thinking on why bears are ok but ponies aren't

Even with bad reviews I'm sure you gave some one else out there hope to start a collection they can love. What is the price of you collection??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal