collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Best "Pony" Memory!  (Read 6573 times)

Margos

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your Best "Pony" Memory!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »
Man, I wish my story was that epic, Sugarminty!  You almost made me cry!

Mine's pretty simple, mostly because I didn't collect ponies when I was a child.
It was about a month before my birthday, and my boyfriend went to check the mail.  We had a whole big stack of packages!  The first was for me; I opened it to find the Starshine I had ordered from eBay.  My boyfriend's was next; he opened it and got the Bride Pony he'd won at the same time (she was his favorite Pony until Toola Roola came along, LOL).  Finally, there was a huge box.  Now, my boyfriend had ordered a big lot of fakies for his big box o' fakies that he bought for custom experimentation.  Excitedly, he began tearing open the box, chuckling darkly, "Mwahahaha!  My new victims have arrived!" or something like that.  Suddenly, he makes a shocked, helpless facial expression.  He reaches into the box and sheepishly pulled out.... her.
A big Surprise plush (that I later found out was a Hasbro Softy, but had never heard of them before).
"....Happy birthday," he said, as if he had did something very wrong.
I didn't know what to say!  I held her in my arms and thanked him and showered him with kisses!
He told me that she would be with me when he couldn't be, and I went to my grandma's house that night.  I took Surprise to bed and cuddled with her.  She was so warm and lovely!
That night I dreamed that she was alive, and that she was not only my comfort when I'm not with my boyfriend, but also my guardian and protector.  She chases away nightmares and fear and keeps me safe from harm.
When I picked her up in the morning, she had migrated to another part of the bed.  With the dream fresh in my mind, I picked her up, and she was warm, like a living creature.  She felt like she was aware, like she was watching me.  And I wasn't afraid at all.
I don't sleep without Surprise in the room anymore.  Even when I stay with my boyfriend, she's always sitting on the armchair across from the bed. 
I'll never forget that moment when I got my very first birthday gift from my boyfriend, and how little I suspected at that moment exactly how much she would mean to me.  It's also one heck of a memory to share with him, and boy was he proud of his amazing present-buying skills, LOL!

......Kinda silly, maybe.  But she's my favorite pony for a reason, now, and that's why.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 10:16:26 AM »
Margos..not silly at all!  You've got a great boyfriend...and Kudos to him! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »
That is not silly at all and what an epic story. I understand what you mean about your Surprise plushie. I have a giant realistic lioness plush named Ghali who is kinda the same thing for me as your Surprise is for you. I always felt a great amount of comfort when laying on her and now that I'm married, she sits on top of the couch and I view her as guardian of the house whereas she used to watch over me as I slept when I lived at my grandparents' house.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

FirecrackerBurst

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 11:40:43 AM »
Playing in Mudd puddles with G1 SugarApple my favorite ever pony!!!  (Shortly later my mother threw her away..) I MISS YOU SUGARAPPLE!!!!!!

Lavender_Lace

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 03:38:19 PM »
All of these stories are so great!!  I've been tearing up a little reading them too.  :) 

That is so awesome that your Clover came back to you Sugarminty!!  Almost all of my childhood ponies were stolen out of a storage unit in Washington years ago, except for Lavender Lace (hence the username) that hadn't been put in storage.  I wish mine could find their way back to me, but I never marked mine. 

I have so many good memories surrounding ponies.  I had other toys, like some barbies and she-ra dolls when I was little, but primarily it was ponies.  I loved horses, unicorns, etc. so mlps were perfect for me.  My Dad used to take me to the toy store once or twice a month and let me pick one out.  He worked a lot of hours and was always really tired, but he always made time for that since it was "our thing".

I have 2 that I can't decide which is my favorite.  The first would be when I was 5.  I had gotten Butterscotch from my Dad (I don't remember it, but my that's what my Mom says) and I just loved her to pieces.  Anyway, I remember that we'd went shopping with my uncle and cousin and while my Dad and uncle were looking at electronics or tools or something otherwise boring to kids, my cousin and I went to look at the toys.  While were looking at the toys, I found a bin where they had ponies and I remember just being amazed that there were more of them.  I picked out Minty and my cousin and I figured out that she was $3.  At the time, $3 was so much money to me and I was worried that my Dad would say she was too much, but he didn't and so I was able to get her.  That was the beginning of my collecting.  I would take them with me everywhere.  :)

My second memory would be when I got my Paradise Estate.  It was Christmas and I would have been 10.  I remember being sad because I'd hardly gotten anything and thinking I must've been on Santa's naughty list.  After opening gifts at home, we went over to my Grandma's to have dinner and open gifts.  After all of that was over and everyone was just sitting around watching tv and talking, my Grandma comes over and tells me that there is another present in the breezeway.  I didn't believe her because I'd just been through there earlier but she told me to go look.   There was a huge package out there that had no name on it.  I asked who it was for and no one knew, so they told me to just tear a little corner to see what it was so we could figure out who it was for.  (my whole family was out there by now)  So tore a little piece of the paper off and was in disbelief.  I said "It's the Paradise Estate!"  My Mom and Dad were like, "Well I don't think it would be for anyone else but you, so it must be yours!"  I was completely shocked and was like really?!  After being told yes probably 3 times, I finally believed that it was really for me and proceeded to rip the paper off, squealing the whole time.  I spent the rest of the day putting it together with my Grandma.  I still have one of the milk cartons from it.

childhood xmas pony fun pics:

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
I dont have very many memories of ponies from when I was little, but I do remember getting the schoolhouse for my birthday - i would have been only 3 or so. I was instantly in love with it - I think my granddad was given all the credit for that one :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
Love the pics!! how fun!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Deines

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
Oh gosh.

My sister had this Easter basket hanging from her ceiling. She's much older than me, by about 11 years (unsure due to her moving out before I got to really know her) and this basket had a bunch of so soft ponies, a g1 Applejack and one I'm unsure of. I always tried to get at this basket. I stacked books, stacked boxes, jumped off the bed to get air to get this basket. I never made it.

One of my brothers, whom constantly picks on my sister, got it down for me one day and I played with them till she got home and she caught me and smacked me over the head for it. xD She tied the ribbon even higher than before the next time.

My mom saw that I was constantly staring at this basket for days, envious of my older sister's ponies that she never played with. So one day she came home with a whole BOX for me. (she works at a re-sale, an amazing indoor garage sale place that gives all it's proceeds to the hospital) I cried I was so happy. I remember what they all look like, but I wasn't aware they already had names since I never purchased one in a box before so I gave them all names myself. I had a favorite, which I found out was Twinkler. She was the prettiest thing I've ever owned as a kid. Since I have five siblings, we had to share everything, but my mom told me these were mine and mine only. I felt blessed. It wasn't even Christmas!

The others I had were: (the names I gave, I was 5 lol)
Sky Rocket (July) <she was translucent
Twinkler (Danilion) <she was taller than the rest
Napper (Cloudy Bib) XD <also translucent
Posey (Boquie)
Sweet Notes (Jammy)
Pinwheel (Spring)
Hippity Hop (Ban-Ban)
Quarterback (Lance) <cutie mark was a football and my cousin Lance played football
Princess Tiffiany (April)
And a few others my sister can't identify.

I've since given them to my cousins that I used to babysit for, so I'm not sure where they're at. XD
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:00:37 PM by Deines »

lose

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 01:36:07 AM »
i remember one christmass morning opening all my pressents and not finding a single pony i was really disappointed! i had been asking for a "sparkle pony" for months!

a happier memory is when i had tonsilitis really bad they where going to take my tonsils out and my mum brought me a baby pineapple ^_^ i was so happy i didnt mind being stuck in the hospital.

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »
 :bawl: Awww your stories are so cute and heartwarming. It is no wonder ponies have a special meaning to us. They are also expressions of love from people we know. I love that that nurse gave you Rainbowdash, Brightside. All the family stories are so sweet. I love the reuniting of childhood ponies too. Amazing! Many of my childhood ponies would probably be considered custom bait if I ever sold them, but I love them more than the shiny new ones. :)

My memory is kind of humorous, though not at the time to me. When I was little about 5 years old, I had about 5 ponies or so. I decided I wanted a boy pony for my birthday. I didn't even know there was such a thing as big brother ponies or anything I just wanted a boy pony. My mother had never seen any boy ponies so she did the best she could and bought me Nightglider. She told me later that Nightglider was the only pony she could find at the store that wasn't pink or girly.

I loved Nightglider (I named him Moonlight), but one day I was playing with my ponies with a girl who came over to my house. The girl was kind of snobby and told me "That is not a boy, boy's don't have eyelashes." I was devastated. Since the girl was several years older than me, she obviously knew what she was talking about.
 :silly:

So I went crying/whining to my mom. My mom actually used an exacto knife and scraped the top eyelashes off of Moonlight (Nighglider). I did not witness this, but she told me later. She then gave me him back after he was "fixed". I was perfectly happy with him. A couple years later my parents got me and my sister the Apple Delight Family so I knew what a real boy pony was supposed to look like, but Nightglider stayed the same and was always one of my favorite ponies. I also realized how dumb that girl really was, because boy ponies DO have eyelashes.  :lol: I love that my mom humored her distressed daughter by fixing her pony "problem". I still have most of my childhood ponies and Nightglider is my favorite one. Eyelashless and all he was/is well loved.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:37:11 AM by Iceglider »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2012, 10:19:03 AM »
Eyelashes.. LOL How fuN!!  I like that story.  XD 

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
1. Cherry Treats was called 'Puttens' thanks to me :P She was a fancy lady, always wore the pink earrings from dance-and-prance DJ. She also used to wear the fancy cape and boa from a clothing set. She was my favorite adult pony.

2. Mainsail was called "Blauwie" thanks to my sister. She became a he. Blauwie was a daddy, married to SHS Dainty :lmao: They had children, G2 berry bright, Baby sunribbon and baby glider.

3. Throwing a fake-ish pony in the 'swimming pool' (barbie pool we used for ponies) and his mane immidiately fell of when touching the water. I cried about that.

4. Baby Saphire falling out of the window when playing.... and again, me crying :P

5. Being tóó good in hide-and-seek and not able to find baby count a lot back. Well, actually wasn't funny at the time. I hid her under the tent we had at vacation and she fell too far away for me to reach. I was sad that whole summer. Breaking our tents in the fall made her pop up again.

6. Ponys wrote letter to other ponies. Me and my sis even had 2 mailboxes made: one in het 'ponytown'and one in mine. God, we had the most fun with it. So excited to read the letters we wrote ourselves. Now it seems kinda silly :P

Betelgeuse

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 12:37:15 AM »
The ammount of nostalgia in this thread is making me tear up. It's wonderful how ponies have played such a big part in our lives.

I can remember sitting down one lazy afternoon sometime in the summer with my friend Johnathan and watching his VHS of Rescue at Midnight Castle and acting it out with my G2 ponies. After that we'd do some pony fantasy roleplay in my backyard and bounce with my ponies on my trampoline. :) Memories sure are wonderful things.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 05:39:02 AM »
My best pony memory was from high school.  One of my best friends at the time moved away and I was going through a bad breakup and some family drama so he bought me the G1 Pony sheet to cuddle up in off of ebay and had it shipped to me.  I loved it for so many years but it got lost in one of my moves and I've been searching for a replacement ever since, but I don't see them come up for sale a lot anymore and when they do I keep getting outbid :(

Moonracer

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
My best pony-related memory?

There've been a few.

1. When I got Stardazzle and Little Giggles. I got Stardazzle for Christmas when I was like four or five. When I got her I couldn't believe how big she was! At the time the only other ponies I had were Daffodil, Tootie Tails and  baby Splashes, so Stardazzle was the biggest pony out of them all. I also had a lot of fun playing with her: I totally dig that gimmick of the saddle popping open. I still have pictures from that Christmas Eve. :D

Little Giggles I got one day after coming back from kindergarten. It was winter, and Saint Nicholas' Day at that (in Poland children get small gifts on that day). My Mom came to pick me up, and she told me that she's got something special for me: and the she took out Little Giggles. I was more than happy about that! :D Also, this was the last G1 I got before I started collecting ponies again.

2. When I got some more ponies for my herd. This was, I guess, a year after I got Stardazzle. Together with my parents and my sister, we went to England, to spend some time at my parents' friends' house. Also, we happened to stay not far from the place where Car Boot Sale was being held. My parents took us there one time, I don't remember much from it, since I was just a little kid back then (all I remember was a field full of cars with people selling loads of stuff), what I remember was that when we got back, we found that our parents got us some more ponies for our growing herd. These were: Peachy, Skydancer and Baby Brother Apple Delight. Not much, but still something! Also we got couple of story books, the Twilight suitcase and the (incomplete) show stable. :)

3. Watching all the My Little Pony shows - those were really fun! :)

4. Playing "family" with all of my herd. Since I had no Big Brother Pony in my collection (I wanted one badly, but I didn't get one as we never came back to England after that last visit... :( ) or any other male pony (BB Apple Delight was a girl in my herd, because I didn't know it was a boy), either Tootie Tails or Stardazzle were always in charge, and Daffodil was the foster mom to all the baby ponies (including the fakies).

5. Making up names for my ponies: Tootie Tails was Calypso, Apple Delight was just Apple (or Apples), Splashes was Ducky (because of the duck pattern on her panties), Skydancer was Rainbow... and that's all I can recall really. XD

6. Reenacting scenes from films with my ponies... I don't really have to explain that one. XD

7. Playing with my friends' pony herd. My Mom's friend's daughter (who was much older than I was), both of whome lived not far away from us, had a bunch of her own ponies, I think six of them. I don't exactly remember which ones she had, but I can recall that among hers there were Sundance, NSS Buttons and Gusty (I think) - I really loved to play with those ponies, and whenever we would pay them a visit, the girl would always take out her ponies so that we could play with them. I think my Mom even took a photo of me playing with Sundance.

And that's all I can come up with. If something else comes to my mind I'll edit the post. :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:06:50 PM by Moonracer »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal