collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Favorite Group?

Tales/7 Characters: Starlight,  Sweetheart, Melody, Bright Eyes, Patch, Clover, Bon Bon
24 (50%)
Core 7: Rainbowdash, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Starsong, Toola Roola
10 (20.8%)
Mane Six: Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbowdash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle
13 (27.1%)
New Generation:Sunny Starscout, Zipp Storm, Izzy Moonbow, Pipp Petals, Hitch Trailblazer
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Core Groups?  (Read 820 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Core Groups?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2023, 03:28:49 PM »
I will always prefer G1 toy ponies to any other.  But for a very long time, I had no idea any of those pony toys actually existed.  For G3, I didn't pay enough attention to the toys to know that they were repeating.  I only bought a few early on.  So, G4 was really the only core I was aware of.   :P

It would had been cool if Glory & Gusty got a Twice as Fancy version.  But, it's probably best that they didn't.

They'd look very pretty as TAFs, especially Gusty.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2023, 11:49:54 AM »
i didnt mind the core 7 too much honestly. i couldve sprung for another couple starsongs or sweetie belles before getting too sick of the line.

tales is still novel to me because i actually dont have any of them yet, and i'm kinda glad g1 was spared from the overused characters issue.

i really did come to care for the mane 6 as characters, but the damage it did to the toyline does sting a bit.

same with the g5 group. i really do love them as characters! but the toyline was practically over before it even began because of how ridiculously obsessed hasbro got with the "core cast" idea. it's been out almost two years and i can think of maybe 4 standard size brushables that arent the mane 5. yikes. this is gonna be a long gen for the collectors

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2023, 08:35:04 AM »
i didnt mind the core 7 too much honestly. i couldve sprung for another couple starsongs or sweetie belles before getting too sick of the line.

tales is still novel to me because i actually dont have any of them yet, and i'm kinda glad g1 was spared from the overused characters issue.

i really did come to care for the mane 6 as characters, but the damage it did to the toyline does sting a bit.

same with the g5 group. i really do love them as characters! but the toyline was practically over before it even began because of how ridiculously obsessed hasbro got with the "core cast" idea. it's been out almost two years and i can think of maybe 4 standard size brushables that arent the mane 5. yikes. this is gonna be a long gen for the collectors

I'm glad we didn't get endless repeats of Tales as well.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal