collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro favouring Blind Bags // The future of G4 brushables  (Read 7217 times)

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Hasbro favouring Blind Bags // The future of G4 brushables
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:06:27 PM »
Is anyone else disappointed that lately Hasbro have been putting so much effort into blind bag/mini collection ponies and still neglecting brushables? As much as I adore BB ponies, and the many new molds that are currently surfacing, the more I see of them, the more I'm reminded that we still only have 2 poses for brushables, and haven't had a new character for some time other than Wysteria and a few babies.

I just can't love those little chunks of plastic like I do brushables, no matter how show-accurate they make them. And you can't brush their hair and style it to make it your own. I sincerely hope brushables aren't "over" and that we see the variety they deserve before the whole G4 line is over  :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro favouring Blind Bags // The future of G4 brushables
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
Hmmm. I count at least 6 brushable molds (girl with both feet down, girl with one foot raised, foal, Shining Armor style boy, and two styles of princess/alicorn), not counting the various breeds of pony or small vs. FS. I may be forgetting some, too. Even if blind bags are becoming more numerous lately, I'd say brushables are in no danger of not being made. :)

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
I am in the boat with you on wondering about the state of brushables. I am not into the blind bags at all. I would rather put my money into brushables, myself. But, that is my taste.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
Hmmm. I count at least 6 brushable molds (girl with both feet down, girl with one foot raised, foal, Shining Armor style boy, and two styles of princess/alicorn), not counting the various breeds of pony or small vs. FS. I may be forgetting some, too. Even if blind bags are becoming more numerous lately, I'd say brushables are in no danger of not being made. :)

Oops, I should've been more clear. I was referring particularly to the poses of the regular ponies. Standing pony and pony with hoof raised. I have always hoped that we would be seeing trotting ponies, rearing ponies and maybe even a shy pose <3

Peppermint leaf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it, My little pony is known for it's brushable ponies. They're just probably making more BB because bronies care for show accuracy and BB are easy to make.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 09:43:02 PM »
I'm sad  :(
Irritated  >_<
and annoyed  -_-
Blind bags (in my opinion) should've not outnumber brushables. I don't mind the unique molds, but Hasbro shouldn't stop neglecting those who enjoy brushables (me being one of the brushie lovers) and favor bronies.
They need to balance it out.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »
I'd like to see more brushables too, but I'm glad they're making new molds for the blind bags lately so they're a little more diverse.
It's questionable why Hasbro insists on releasing continuous waves of just the mane 6, they're already clogging the shelf. Even a Walmart here still has the old style packaging ones left over and hasn't needed to restock them for months. Yes those 6 should still be available in some form because they're the main characters of the show, but it's getting ridiculous. It wouldn't be as bad if they cycled mane 6 and new characters every other wave, just not 4(?) in a row!

Hasbro has said the brushable ponies are always the core of the line, but it does feel like they're taking a vacation.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:08 PM »
It would be nice to have more brushables. I collect the BB mostly because of cost, there cheaper. And I'm limited on space. So for it's a win win.

Maybe Hasbro is stepping up production not simply to court the "brony" fan support. When they are in the minority, if more a vocal group. Rather it could be for cost. Cheaper to make, take up less shelf space. Frankly if I was a kid, one or two BB's or a three character pack. Would more likely get my limited allowance money. Than a brushable. Or worse a brushable as part of a castle or play set.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »
I've definitely seen people picking up bunches of blind bags as party favors, and if you're a kid and already have a few, why not get some more?

I wish there were actual numbers of any kind we could look at. How does glittery Pinkie Pie compare to glittery Wysteria in sales, taking into account how many of each appeared at any given store? Masquerade Rarity vs. Masquerade Sunset Shimmer? Fluttershy vs. Diamond Rose? I've noticed lone Plumsweets hanging around on otherwise-empty shelves, but main six characters too...

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »
I feel like there are way to many minis!! I wish they would focus more on the brushable ponies, I collect the minis too but I want so many of the BB characters in brushable form. Im scared now the brushables will be neglected because of the EQG dolls...

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 12:47:58 AM »
personally i prefer the bb to the brushables. mostly cuz the variety of the ponies and excitement of what might be inside.
only owe 4 store bought brushables though.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 02:27:45 AM »
Same here. Blindbags are cute but i don't consider them to be on the same level as brushables. I actually stopped actively looking for them. They take up quite some space for being so little, their price is rather steep (and slightly crazy on ebay) for such a small toy and i got tired of akwardly digging through boxes in stores.
It's pretty sad that after several years the brushables are still stuck in their  "standing" pose. I fully agree that this part of the toyline is being neglected. The least they could do is release more characters.

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 05:43:27 AM »
I like BB because the ponies are more accurate but I really wish they would make more brushables. It's just not the same if you can't brush a pony's hair. :(

Post Merge: August 06, 2013, 05:46:11 AM

I mean seriously, where is my brushable Big Mac already?! :faint:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:46:11 AM by Sabrina »

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 05:49:13 AM »
I'm still waiting for a unicorn mold with pinkie eyes and an earth pony with almond eyes :(

Eaglefeather

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 05:57:14 AM »
Personally, I like the blind bags a whole lot better than the brushables because they don't have 'real' hair, they are small, their material is nice, and they are a lot of fun to collect. But I feel sorry for those of you who prefer the brushables. There truly are more blind bags popping up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal