collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with a MIB  (Read 743 times)

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
Help with a MIB
« on: June 23, 2012, 06:56:22 AM »
As some of you know I bought a lovely G2 MIB playset some time ago, if not it can be found here. But I wonder, how do you keep your MIBs pretty? I removed some tape that was about to yellow from the box so it should not be discoloured, but what about worn edged and rips in the paper? How do you protect your MIBs from that and especially if they already have small ones?
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a MIB
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:08:48 AM »
Well since you probably want to keep it MIB than placing it on a closed shelf (like some bookcases with doors) will do the trick I think. Keep it away from bright sunlight and dust and it won't lose its colors.
I keep my MIB G2 in a cabinet but I sometimes like to get them out of the boxes so they're not fully prevented from small ribs in the paper (I'm always super careful with them but still...) but I think leaving the playset MIB alone somewhere where you can look at it, not moving it too much, will be the best :)
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline Emfen

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:31:12 AM »
I've never ever owned a MIB before, so I am very unsure about how to keep it. You see It's so MIB even the stickers are still on the sheet. Everything is in the fabric plastic bags still, so of course I get nervous. :/

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Mine are just hung on the wall with the window on it (so the sunlight does not hit it) :) I have not done anything to protect them really, I am not sure what I could to honestly. They have been on the wall for quite a while now, and seem ok :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
Like OL1, I havent done anything to any of the MOC/MIBs I have now or in the past - I prevent them being in direct sunlight to prevent print fading and like ponies make sure they stay in a not to cold/not to humid environment. If you get a MIB G1 and want to keep it this way, I wouldnt remove the tape - thats part of what makes it MIB for come collectors.

I dont think there is much more you can do to be honest.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Emfen

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
Hope it isn't much of an issue posting here.. But can I safely have the playset on display or will it lower the value? I mean the pony and the items are brand new, but I really want to show off the playset itself without being inside the box. Does applying the stickers lower the value as well? I've never ever owned a MIB and I'm so insecure and think I may destroy it.  :huh:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 02:07:10 AM »
If it is properly MIB in its bags etc then yes removing it from the box and setting it up will devalue it slightly unfortunately...although sometimes it is more difficult to find loose and complete, more often than not they are still less of a value than the MIB.

Its up to you...its not a common but neither is it a super rare playset. I suggest if you really dont want to devalue you could see if you can trade someone who has the set loose and complete for your MIB [plus a little extra cash to you for the trade to balance value out] - that way you get to display your playset and they get a MIB they can keep that way. I am not saying this will be easy...I am desperate to trade my MIB G1 Good Weather and Sweet Clover for loose and complete versions but no one ever has one has ever taken me up on the offer. :P However, with a more common set like this G2 one you may have some more luck.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal