collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: whats your favorite way to buy ponies?  (Read 749 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: whats your favorite way to buy ponies?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:42 AM »
I am an ebay girl - and bought almost every pony I have from there. Except G3 Snowflake who I bought from a fellow member here on the Arena, and of course the 30+ ponies I have from my childhood.

But if I am going all the way back to the beginning, my favorite way of buying ponies was from the toy store. Seeing those G1s on the shelves made my heart rund and my tiny little head spin ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 08:52:14 AM »
But if I am going all the way back to the beginning, my favorite way of buying ponies was from the toy store. Seeing those G1s on the shelves made my heart rund and my tiny little head spin ;)

This!!  So totally this!!!

I remember a photo posted on here a whiles back, of a G1 era toy shop aisle filled with Pony goodness - took me right back to my childhood holidays in the States, drooling in the aisles of Kaybee and trying to figure out how many ponies I could bring back under cross-border shopping allowance... :lol:  Wish I could step right back in time and go on a shopping spree!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

mysweetabbie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »
Well now I'm going to have to check the Goodwills.  I love the hunt for ponies.  I have been buying the G4 ponies brand new and have been hunting some of the older ones lately.  I love the thrill when I find one that DD is missing in an unlikely place like Kroger.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
I like finding ponies from thrift stores, but my favorite way to buy ponies is through Internet, especially from Arena. I love it when I have the luxury of starting the day by getting a pony package from the mail :lovey:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »
I prefer the Arena!!  I would rather give my money to you guys than anyone else:) 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
I haven't had luck at the flea market/thrift store yet, but hunting there is still fun. Since my collection is only g4 right now (though I'd grab other gens if I ever found them), I prefer good old store shopping. I can check for quality, and it's instant! No waiting for shipping! Plus, even if I don't find things, I think hunting is a lot of fun. I buy online only if I can't find a pony in a store. Haven't had the best of luck with online shopping, because the Fluttershy I got from HTS has one eye quite a bit lower than the other. At least store buying allows me to pick the best looking pony.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »
Any way I can get a pony (thrift store, here, eBay) makes me happy.  Currently, I think I like thrift stores best only because I enjoy bargains and the thrill of the hunt.  It's always fun to find a bargain.  :)

If buying brand new at the store was an option, though, I think that would be my first choice.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
For G1s-3.5s, the Antique Mall. Good prices, and since it's IRL you can see the pony up close to see if it's in a good condition.

The Goodwill is good for getting a lot of ponies at once for $5. But the downside is you can't see the condition too well because they're surrounded by tons of other toys. And you get lots of junk that you end up donating back/throwing away.

For G4s, new in store.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal