collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a Bear clothing?  (Read 292 times)

AJLareneg

• Trade Count: (0)
Build a Bear clothing?
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »
So I decided I wanted the Build a Bear Trixie for my collection, and then I realized it seems like they are slowly phasing her out? She was gone from the nearby store (the Downtown Disney one) and the employees there said she hadn't been in stock for a long time. I ordered her online, but of course her cape and stuff doesn't seem to be being sold anymore.

Though while I was at the store I saw the Elsa dress and thought it might look cute on her. I knew it wouldn't fit entirely because it's for the bear style animals and not the ponies, but I didn't realize it would fit so absolutely as bad as it does. I was thinking about modifying the dress to make it fit Trixie better, because she really does look cute with it.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I might do that? I was thinking about taking the side seams apart and just adding some stretching fabric there instead, since it has the lace cape that might cover it, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it or not. I don't think it will help the sleeves where they sit on her arms either.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Bear clothing?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »
If you are specifically after her outfit, you could see if anyone can pick it up in store for you? You can still buy it here online (£10) I think - if it plus shipping does not work out too much maybe you could source it from another country?

I would agree with what you are thinking if you decide to alter something you have - you are going to have to simply release a lot of the seams to make it into a cape style. But even then its going to have an odd shape and some odd finishing unfortunately. However if you are good with a sewing machine, I am sure you will manage to adapt it to work.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal