collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls  (Read 50949 times)

Offline kandipony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • "always dresses in style!"
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
Re: Equestria Girls
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »
I found the show accurate EG dolls at my TRU too, but I'm stuck as to whether to buy any or not yet. I only want Rarity, but I really wish she were articulated. But their faces look so much better now!

you could put her on mh spectra or catrine body, that's what I plan on doing. the skirts and shoes will fit but idk about the rubber tops. I'm also considering making a twilight using jane boolittle.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 11:12:12 PM »

I found the show accurate EG dolls at my TRU too, but I'm stuck as to whether to buy any or not yet. I only want Rarity, but I really wish she were articulated. But their faces look so much better now!

you could put her on mh spectra or catrine body, that's what I plan on doing. the skirts and shoes will fit but idk about the rubber tops. I'm also considering making a twilight using jane boolittle.

Hm, personally not a fan of MH or how the fusion of EG and MH looks, honestly. I'll probably just cave and buy the deluxe Rarity, lol
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline ranchlamb

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/iluvsassybunny/index.html
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 11:22:18 PM »
I didn't know they released one's that are more movie accurate dolls. My daughters each have a fluttershy, one is articulated the other isn't. The articulated doll has different hair.

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 11:23:33 PM »

Hm, personally not a fan of MH or how the fusion of EG and MH looks, honestly. I'll probably just cave and buy the deluxe Rarity, lol

well that's a good option too! the pegged legs fit well with the new boots so I'm sure she'll look great :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 11:24:19 PM »

well that's a good option too! the pegged legs fit well with the new boots so I'm sure she'll look great :)

Sigh! Yeah if only they weren't so pricey :( even the new basic ones are $13!!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:39:43 PM »
yeah they are a bit much for what you get in terms of quality and detail. I've always felt the small box dolls should be $10 while the big box ones should be about $15.

Carcina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 01:08:54 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Can I ask where you bought this girl?! I've been looking for her!!

jemboi

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 06:14:52 AM »
I found them all at Toys r Us. I had to go to a couple stores because Fluttershy was missing at the first one.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
I wonder if the Rarity bodies (or at least the arms) can be dyed? Also wondering if legs or arms can be switched so we can have the better arms (the only nice thing of the original dolls imho) of the first deluxe dolls but the legs with feet of the later dolls? I wouldn't mind jointed arms but I can live without jointed knees. (I find jointed knees without jointed arms to be the most pointless thing)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:57:53 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

jemboi

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2014, 10:53:16 PM »
My Toys R Us exclusive Zecora came in the mail. She's pretty cool! I like her more than I thought I would. :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:17:15 AM by jemboi »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »
I wonder if the Rarity bodies (or at least the arms) can be dyed? Also wondering if legs or arms can be switched so we can have the better arms (the only nice thing of the original dolls imho) of the first deluxe dolls but the legs with feet of the later dolls? I wouldn't mind jointed arms but I can live without jointed knees. (I find jointed knees without jointed arms to be the most pointless thing)

The legs are REALLY stuck on there-  at our last pony meet someone was trying to get a leg to go back onto a doll- and it was just not happening (with or without heat/force).  You could probably do it, but would have to experiment with cutting the knobs a little bit, which are very large and fit very tightly (probably to allow rough play by small kids without breakage).  Don't know about the arms though, but considering how tough they made the legs, I'm guessing it will be the same.

I will be sanding down a Rarity body and airbrushing one for Zecora- I really love her style and head, but her arms and legs are terrible. Airbrushing wouldn't be great for a kid's toy though, since a lot of play would peel/scratch the paint.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »
I think I like the CMC better than the full sized ones. They look like elementary school kids compared to the Monsters and the ears could be werewolf or werecat ears. Sweetie Belle looks like she could be Catrine's little sister. Still no joints but at that size it's okay.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »
If the legs come off...they are stuck off :( Without removing the very plug that holds it on, you cant reattach them (unless there is a radical design change in this most recent wave) without loosing any kind of articulation. Very poor design actually.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kandipony

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • kandipony
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »
is zecora the 1st eqg doll to not have one of those awful rat tails?
I really wish they all had rooted tails, that would seriously make them so much cuter!

jemboi

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 09:13:04 PM »
is zecora the 1st eqg doll to not have one of those awful rat tails?
I really wish they all had rooted tails, that would seriously make them so much cuter!
No. Certain ones don't. The new Equestria Girls Collection dolls don't have them and the majority of non-mane 6 characters don't have them either, as well as some of the variants.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal