collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Playsets for many ponies?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Playsets for many ponies?
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »
I have to face facts that the rarity and price of Dream Castle likely means I won't ever really obtain one for my own little pony herd. But I would still very much like a set that would serve more as a type of home in which to store a majority of my ponies, rather than a set with only a few pieces meant for display (such as the majority that I've been finding).

But, I admit, I'm not very well versed in a lot of the toys out nowadays, and I'm also looking into sets from other toy lines that are in proportion to the G4 ponies, such as Littlest Pet Shop.  Perhaps some of you more seasoned pony lovers have some ideas or suggestions for me to turn to. I know some of the nurseries are a bit easier to find, but I would feel so odd sending my adult ponies in a baby pony home to live!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Playsets for many ponies?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »
I happened to become the proud owner of a Fisher Price Little People vintage farm and it is actually the perfect size for g4s!  :).  I think it will fit about 15 or so of the brushables and there is a little loft that accommodates some of the pets.

I'll try to get a pic up soonly.  :)

Sylvanian/Calico Critter play sets and the like (there's a Target version of them whose name I can't recall) should also work.  :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:45:18 PM by scarletjul »
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »
thats briliant...ponders about my childhood fisherprice barn.....yes the old one that moos when you open the doors..certainly AJ would be proud

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:40:46 AM »
The g1 Show Stable fits quite a few ponies in there neatly and is very easy to find and always cheap as it's such a common playset :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 02:32:02 AM »
The g1 Show Stable fits quite a few ponies in there neatly and is very easy to find and always cheap as it's such a common playset :)

Yup this would have been my suggestion...if you are just looking for the building shell rather than with all the individual accessories, you should be able to pick this up for a great low price as they are rather common.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:20:39 AM »
The G3 castle (the one with the hot air balloon) opens up to become a really neat display unit

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Here is an idea...  what I did with my G3 castle:

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
Oh wow, that picture is awesome! Thank you guys for all your suggestions! I'm having way too much fun searching on ebay for all these things, and discovered, going by the first suggestion that fisher price little people also had a couple of castle versions as well as their farm (haha, if I can't have Dream Castle I still want a castle, dernit!) which looks like it can hold a decent number of ponies. Further exploring also led me to find the Dora the Explorer castle, which, as somewhat embarrassed as I am to admit, is also quite cute and looks an appropriate size as well  :blush: Yay for having choices!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
Oh wow, that picture is awesome! Thank you guys for all your suggestions! I'm having way too much fun searching on ebay for all these things, and discovered, going by the first suggestion that fisher price little people also had a couple of castle versions as well as their farm (haha, if I can't have Dream Castle I still want a castle, dernit!) which looks like it can hold a decent number of ponies. Further exploring also led me to find the Dora the Explorer castle, which, as somewhat embarrassed as I am to admit, is also quite cute and looks an appropriate size as well  :blush: Yay for having choices!

The vintage castle should work, too.  We have one from my childhood and the ponies fit quite well.  I tried to get pictures but photobucket is acting weirdly and won't let me upload them.  I'll try to get pics up by the end of this weekend, if I can.  :)

That said, the FP castle can get kind of pricey if you're looking for it mint and with accessories.  Alone, it shouldn't be too costly.

In the meanwhile, here's pics of the barn:

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
Ooh! I've thought about this too.. but I can't buy online, because shipping prices would be ridiculous with the silly Royal Mail. I shall have to wait for car boot sales instead.. they're even overpriced at my work (toy barns and houses).
Fight like a girl..

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
I saw a reaaaaaally cute lalaloopsy house today-- and thought of this thread :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
You can probably get something local on craigslist! The G3 Castles are plentiful right now!

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
You can probably get something local on craigslist! The G3 Castles are plentiful right now!

+1 G3 castles are cheap and plentiful right now. Hear is one of mine-

Also the cardboard castle that came in the G4 Canterlot line is a pretty nice display for G4's. I cant believe I don't have a photo of mine- I'll need to fix that~

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
I recently unearthed a Fisher-Price Robin Hood's Forest playset that I'm planning to fiddle around with to display ponies.  It looks like the right size for G1 flutter ponies, and maybe G4s too...  Just a suggestion.  ^.^

Wish I still had my old FP moo-ing barn, though.  That was cute.  ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
Sylvanian/Calico Critter play sets and the like (there's a Target version of them whose name I can't recall) should also work.  :)

I have a playsey from that set they're called lil' woodsies the playsets are super detailed and perfect for G4s

You can find plastic castles in thrift stores I've come across three sitting by the side of the road! I sold one that was perfect g3 or g1 size have one that I'm fixing now. If you want to be rally crafty you could try makeing a playset I have a little Barn for my G4's made from a foam craft kit I got at a craft store   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal