Pony Talk > Off Topic

Diamond painting thread 2.0

(1/19) > >>

Ponyfan:
Hi,
I thought I'd start a new thread for discussing diamond panting since the old one was closed and I've seen a few people mention it in BC's interviews.

I just started my 7th diamond panting the other day. :D It takes me quite a while to do them because I don't get to work on them every day. I also have a small diamond art panting that I bought at Walmart that I've been working on too. 

My current project is my first Diamond Art Club canvas. I've already noticed some differences between it and the ones I usually do from Diamond Dots/Leisure Arts. 

I'm having a little trouble getting used to using the right amount of wax on the diamonds with the shiny stuff on them.  I used too much at first and some of the way came off on the diamonds.  I think I finally figured it out though.

Feel free to share pictures and talk about your current projects. :D

Ponyfan

BlackCurtains:
I'd love to see pics! I've looked at these and they seem interesting, but I don't have the time or space for another hobby right now.

Heart Of Midnight:
Diamond painting is fun! :)

I'm a beginner and started the first one just before Christmas and it's still a work in progress! :haha: :blush: It has Christmas colors and has a cat with a hat and a scarf. Maybe I'll be inspired to continue it again closer to Christmas. :lol:

I also have another one, which I haven't started yet. It is blue in color and also has a cat as a theme.

The only thing I hate about this is that I often manage to spill the little jar that came with these upside down on the floor. (The one from which it is easier to take diamonds than from a plastic bag.)  >_<

It would be great to see pictures of your diamond paintings Ponyfan!  :lovey:

Beldarna:
I have taken a break, kind of. I had orderded a bunch of paintings of photos of me, my husband and our cats and they all turned out beautiful. But the last one was a weddingpicture of me and John, and John who is a very pale Scandinavian got a skintone resembling someone from northern Africa.. so I emailed the provider, they sent out another one they had lighten up and now John is orange instead  >_<. I've been going the last couple of months and thinking if I should scrap them alltogether or finnished them. If I finnish them, they wont go up on the wall as they're just so wrong. But on the other hand, I get to do something.

Anyway, here are some pictures of some I've done :).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is a photo of my mother-in-laws cat Mysan aka Katastrofen (cathastrophee). It took me almost a month to do.

This one is dear to me. Last year while grandma was dying, grandpa layed next to her and my aunt snapped a picture of them holding hands and she shared it. So I took it, ordered two of it and made my mom and aunt a surprise.

And a framed weddingpicture of me and John. This one came in the same package as the one who went wrong and I can't get how they could mess up the other one so bad because this one was perfect! A bit of mirroring as it's framed.

Ponyfan:
Wow! Those are really nice, Beldarna. :)  I've heard of some companies being able to make custom diamond paintings from photos, but I don't think there are a lot of companies in the US that do them.  I'm sorry that the company messed up on one of your wedding paintings. The one you posted is stunning. :lovey:

Here's a few pics of mine. 

This was my first one.

Ponyfan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version