collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silliest thing you've ever seen or heard?  (Read 6876 times)

Offline Darker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
Silliest thing you've ever seen or heard?
« on: December 29, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »
So yeah, what the title says.

It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Re: Silliest thing you've ever seen or heard?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
On a boat trip, I saw a man with a vast group of friends. He was wearing a nappy/diaper. No joke. Simple story, but preeettty weird  :blink: I think it must have been some stupid joke :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
someone once asked me if I was prohibited from pointing up, for religious reasons.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 03:21:18 PM »
I could fill the whole thread, lol. The best was when people asked if green-shelled chicken eggs were safe to eat.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:27:14 PM by Sundown »
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »
I helped raise my nephew and I used to babysit alot of little kids.....I've heard lots of silly things..... I own animals............ I've seen alot of silly things. In fact, seeing as my dog Sandy is eating again, there are silly things going on beside me right at this moment. So....Silliest? I'm afraid it's hard to choose.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »
Here is my most recent, and one of the funniest. My cousin (who just turned 15 this year) is working at our local grocery store. On boxing day, Dec 26th, he was drafted to help out in the customer service department. While he was working the counter, a fellow about 50 years old, approached the counter to make a return. Now, my cousin is not authorized or experienced enough to actually do returns, so he was basically assisting and being a gopher for the person who was.

The fellow wanted to return... a tree. A Christmas tree. A LIVE Christmas tree. Which he had purchased from the vendor in the parking lot. When he was told that the tree was not returnable, he became irate, very loud and demanding that they take the tree back and give him the money back. To the point where the manager had to be called down. To the point where after the manager gave him a few firm "NO's" the manager had to threaten to call the cops before the guy would leave the store!

Now I am wanting to try this myself next year. Cut down a live tree somewhere, slap some tinsel on it, and then take it back to the store on Dec 26th. Just to see the look on people's faces.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
"Does the train go both ways on the tracks?" (Thus said by a 15 year old female.) Oy.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 06:46:01 PM »
At work, I emailed a student and needed a reply back. They sent their reply on to my colleague with a message that they didn't have my email address, and could my colleague pass it on to me. The kicker? They forwarded my original email to my colleague..... they could forward it, but not hit Reply? :crazy:
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:51 PM »
I could probably fill this thread with stories a couple of favorites:

I used to work in a call center. Because we'd get the occasional non-English speaking customers, there was a special number we could utilize to get interpreters. You'd just call the service on a secondary line, tell them what language the customer speaks, then they'd get an agent on the phone to interpret to/for the customer. One time, a co-worker next to me called that line and said, "Can I get a Jamaican interpreter? I need a Jamaican interpreter." Hello! They speak English just like we do in the U.S.

Funniest thing I've ever seen. Well that may just be myself. In high school and college I had to do two projects where I had to do something completely out of the ordinary and write about people's reactions. The first time, I went to the local mall wearing a white t-shirt, pajama pants, a bathrobe, and Dalmatian slippers and walked around.

The second time I wore a white headband with bunny ears, all white clothing, and a scrubber pinned to the seat of my pants as a rabbit tail. I went to and from both of my morning classes dressed like that. When got to my Oral Communication class, a guy in the previous class asked me why I was dressed like a rabbit. I started to answer and he said, "It's okay. If you choose to dress like a rabbit that's your lifestyle choice and I respect that."

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 06:41:37 AM »
Given the fact that all of my friends (and me!) are incredibly silly, I could probably fill this thread, lol.  But one of my favorites happened while I was at the barn I board my horse.  This was a long time ago (I was in middle school) and I still had my pony since I hadn't outgrown her yet.  I was riding while my brother and the barn owner's son (who my brother and I are good friends with) were goofing around.  Suddenly, I realized they were on the roof of the garage!  This kind of thing was (and still is) pretty par for the course with them so I kind of just shook my head and kept riding my pony.  I happened to look over though, just as my friend jumped off the roof of the garage!  He grabbed onto this springy branch from this tree next to the garage, presumably intending to swing to the ground gracefully.  This was a pretty sound plan, because the garage was pretty low to the ground and the branch was right there, so there wasn't much risk involved.

But he didn't account for just how springy the branch was!  When he grabbed on, it sprung back up and literally flung him through the air!  I knew that he was fine because he did this kind of thing near constantly and he jumped right back up even after he hit the ground, and I thought the whole thing was just hilarious.  It made me laugh so hard that I nearly fell off my pony, who to her credit, just stood there like "silly human, what on earth are you doing up there?!" the whole time.  To this day, even though this was like 6 years ago or more, I laugh just at the mental image of the look on his face when the branch sprang back up!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
I had a witch's hat on 2 years ago handing out candy on Halloween.  A little girl goes up to me, looks around (im in the garage, sitting down) and asks where my broom is.  I told her my friend had borrowed it xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 11:22:09 AM »
Well, today our manager at work (walmart) said something about the words 'bonus in march' that was HILARIOUS! x'D had the WHOLE breakroom laughing and scoffing!!! Silly manager... :P

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »
I'm a brunette. My blonde friend once asked me if my hair gets hot in the summer.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 10:19:17 AM »
I'm a brunette. My blonde friend once asked me if my hair gets hot in the summer.
har har

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 10:06:59 AM »
I'm not sure what on earth was going on but a while ago I saw a bloke storming purposefully down the street with a massive duvet thrown over his shoulder; a short distance behind him, another guy was running along with a couple of pillows under his arm. There was also the time I was walking into town and found a bread roll impaled on the branch of a tree and some croissants in a hedge - someone really had a vendetta against the baked goods that day!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal