collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?  (Read 3129 times)

Makaroni_the_pony

• Trade Count: (0)
What ponies would you love if not for one thing?
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
I absoutely adore the soda sipping G1 ponies, they have the absolute cutest cutie marks and color schemes

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But I just don't like the holes in their snouts, and don't have the space to buy them with their sodasssss

Who knows, maybe I'll buy a baity one and fill her nose in with epoxy someday uvu

What about you guys? Do you have any ponies you love that just have one single flaw?

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:12:57 PM »
Oh I can think of a few that fall into this category:

-The first set of princess ponies if they didn't have that crinkly tinsel

-Many of the So Soft ponies if they weren't So Softs and the colors of the deflocks were a little more muted.

-The Soda Sipping ponies if they didn't have the holes, as you mentioned.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
Soda Sipping Sets-Those holes tick me off. Hasbro, why you so stupid?

I would love almost the entire Dance n Prance set, but those knobs!

Munchy is soo pretty, but her symbols ruin it.

Various G4s, so many pretties, but dude those faces! No horse has a bird beak, eyes almost the size of there skulls and chihuahua heads. Granted I own a few but they'll never ever be favorites in my collection.

Several G2s, those noodle legs and moosey muzzles make me go eh and the fact that the prettiest ones that I'd actually welcome with open arms are European only and hard to get. Plus, why do some of them have holes in their noses? Sorrow. :(

I would buy all the Happy Tails...if it weren't for their weird tails. Sigh.

Guardians of Harmony are awesome, but their joints ruin them. I hate jointed toy animals. Hate, hate, hate! I don't care if it's MLP, Breyer or some random toy company I've never heard of. Don't do it. Joints ruin them!

Red Roses is gorgeous and elegant, but holds the unfortunate distinction of being a Perfume Puff. Any toy that looks like it's hair has been permanently ruined by frizz and lack of brushing while being at the bottom of the toy box is not okay.

Water Cutie Pegasus Blossomforth. I'd totally buy her because Water Cuties are one of the few G4 sets I legitimately love, if not for it being limited to the Pegasus wings. Why Hasbro? Actually, I still desperately want Blossomforth, I'd have bought her if she'd actually showed up in stores.

Mimic-least favorite unicorn pose and fades to a sickly green-white. If she were Cool Breeze or Baby Sea Shimmer's green I'd have Mimic fever too.

Zippy Zinnia and Meadow Moon, Breezies would be adorable must haves if not for their severely deformed heads.

Princess Celestia GOH-She has a face! A real muzzle like a horse ought to! Thankfully! But her face is the problem. If you saw this poor creature in a field, you'd be forced to call the ASPCA on your neighbor for severe animal cruelty, because she looks like she's literally being starved to death.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:02:35 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »
Yep!
I totally agree that the soda sipping ponies look weird. Almost like they have a hole drilled through their upper lip  :shocked:
They could have a least...I don't know...maybe puckered their lips like the G1 baby drink n wet ponies?
And ditto on the so soft ponies. So many of their pretty details get lost under all that flocking   :sad:

But there are two that I really want to like but just seriously do not...the G1 sweetheart sister ponies which look more like deer/giraffes than ponies to me. Also I think the G1 soft sleepy newborns have little troll faces. I can't figure out why they look so strange to me  :what:
Maybe I'm the only one on the G1 SSN but it's interesting to see some of these things bother you guys too.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
I do agree on the soda ponies. And I would also have to say the G3 breezies. Those heads though... something just seems off with them... can't figure out what...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 10:05:56 PM »
Soda Sipping Sets-Those holes tick me off. Hasbro, why you so stupid?

I would love almost the entire Dance n Prance set, but those knobs!

Munchy is soo pretty, but her symbols ruin it.

Various G4s, so many pretties, but dude those faces! No horse has a bird beak, eyes almost the size of there skulls and chihuahua heads. Granted I own a few but they'll never ever be favorites in my collection.

Several G2s, those noodle legs and moosey muzzles make me go eh and the fact that the prettiest ones that I'd actually welcome with open arms are European only and hard to get. Plus, why do some of them have holes in their noses? Sorrow. :(

I would buy all the Happy Tails...if it weren't for their weird tails. Sigh.

Guardians of Harmony are awesome, but their joints ruin them. I hate jointed toy animals. Hate, hate, hate! I don't care if it's MLP, Breyer or some random toy company I've never heard of. Don't do it. Joints ruin them!

Red Roses is gorgeous and elegant, but holds the unfortunate distinction of being a Perfume Puff. Any toy that looks like it's hair has been permanently ruined by frizz and lack of brushing while being at the bottom of the toy box is not okay.

Water Cutie Pegasus Blossomforth. I'd totally buy her because Water Cuties are one of the few G4 sets I legitimately love, if not for it being limited to the Pegasus wings. Why Hasbro? Actually, I still desperately want Blossomforth, I'd have bought her if she'd actually showed up in stores.

Mimic-least favorite unicorn pose and fades to a sickly green-white. If she were Cool Breeze or Baby Sea Shimmer's green I'd have Mimic fever too.

Zippy Zinnia and Meadow Moon, Breezies would be adorable must haves if not for their severely deformed heads.

Princess Celestia GOH-She has a face! A real muzzle like a horse ought to! Thankfully! But her face is the problem. If you saw this poor creature in a field, you'd be forced to call the ASPCA on your neighbor for severe animal cruelty, because she looks like she's literally being starved to death.

You brought up many that I'd totally forgotten about. The Dance 'n Prance and Happy Tails for the same reasons you'd listed would fall into this category for me. And I couldn't agree more about Munchy. Her symbols make her seem so completely  out of place among other ponies. And I'd totally forgotten about the Perfume Puffs. They'd be stunning with just regular pony hair instead of the weird Perfume Puff hair.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 10:10:02 PM »
I must agree with most of what has been said:
I don't have any Dance n Prance even if I collect unicorns just because of the knob. What the hell does that there!
SHS are like: "what?l" they look out of place with the other ponies.
SS ponies: I wish they had made the same sets without flocking. It would be easier to get them and not to have to deflock them.
Mimic is like "ok you are pretty but that doesn't excuse your higher price" solution: making my own Mimic.
Red roses is the only yellow unicorn but her hair is awful. I know she was made that way but still.
The "only earth ponies set" since I like pegasi and unicorns there are sets that I will never try to buy.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 07:54:16 AM »
I would like G2s if only they didnt look like deer and all have feathery feet. :/ I feel that I am the only person in the world that appreciate G1s for what they truly are: lovable.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 08:40:34 AM »
For me it is the US tootsie I love the symbols just not a fan of that pea green.  :huh:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
Oof, yeah, Soda Sipping ponies. I forget they even exist half the time... It's weird since Drink 'n Wets have open mouths and *they* look okay (well, they look weird to me, but that's prolly just cause I don't like them to begin with ^^; but they still look better than the SS ponies, haha) so why couldn't they have done the mouth holes like that for the Soda Sipping girls?! asdfghj;

Also So Softs, yessss. I'm just not a fan of the flocking.. they look SO much better without it.

Most of the First Tooth babies fall under this for me, too (the tooth just looks weird to me.. I'd love the TAF babies if they were just in a different mold.. @_@;), and BBE babies.

Plus, why do some of them have holes in their noses? Sorrow. :(

They're magnets, not holes. I do agree that they look weird, though.

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »

Princess Celestia would be great if they didn't try to force more pink into her color scheme than necessary 90% of the time. Also some of the eyes on her (as well as the other princesses') toys could use some... adjustments.

From the side, she looks all regal and stuff...

... But the front is... uh...

Majestic in it's own way, I guess.

The 3 inch brushable Luna also has this problem, but instead of looking like a certain muffin-loving pegasus' long lost relative, she just looks as though she's extremely angry.

I personally like to think that this is Luna pre-Nightmare Moon where she's all angry at her sister for stealing the spotlight and stuff. :P

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:02:24 AM by Olympus »

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
I wouldn't love them, but I'd like the new 4.5 ponies if it wasn't for the open mouths

Makaroni_the_pony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 09:37:48 AM »
GIVE ME ALL YOUR FUZZIESSS

lol, I just remembered to add though, most ponies with 3D symbols/sculpted detailing (but not all), with the Precious Pocket Ponies and Carousel ponies falling into the bad part of his category for me, but especially Bunnyhop and Tassles

I'm not sure what it is about the Precious Pocket's that bother me, but I think it's the fact that their cutie marks basically look like someone's first custom, and like they're just blobbed epoxy that's been painted in badly chosen shades of thick acrylic with no detailing. Also that string is horrible, they could've at least used thin ribbon

As for tassles she's got the look that most cheap dolls and toys have today, and though this might not have been the case back then, all i can think about now is the low quality monster highs and barbie dolls they sell for less than five bucks at misc. stores, with their sculpted "swimsuits" and sometimes hair.

Edit:

Also this one probably isn't a common opinion but I think the Brush'n'Grows go into this category for me. I think the gimmick is super clever, and the ponies are absolutely adorable, but something about a pony filled with mechanical parts instead of being just normal soft vinyl bothers me for some reason

Unlike the others on this list though i'd probably still buy a brush'n'grow for its cuteness
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:40:55 AM by Makaroni_the_pony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
Oof, yeah, Soda Sipping ponies. I forget they even exist half the time... It's weird since Drink 'n Wets have open mouths and *they* look okay (well, they look weird to me, but that's prolly just cause I don't like them to begin with ^^; but they still look better than the SS ponies, haha) so why couldn't they have done the mouth holes like that for the Soda Sipping girls?! asdfghj;

Also So Softs, yessss. I'm just not a fan of the flocking.. they look SO much better without it.

Most of the First Tooth babies fall under this for me, too (the tooth just looks weird to me.. I'd love the TAF babies if they were just in a different mold.. @_@;), and BBE babies.

Plus, why do some of them have holes in their noses? Sorrow. :(

They're magnets, not holes. I do agree that they look weird, though.

Ohhh. Thank you Carrehz.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 09:41:54 AM »

Princess Celestia would be great if they didn't try to force more pink into her color scheme than necessary 90% of the time. Also some of the eyes on her (as well as the other princesses') toys could use some... adjustments.

From the side, she looks all regal and stuff...

... But the front is... uh...

Majestic in it's own way, I guess.

The 3 inch brushable Luna also has this problem, but instead of looking like a certain muffin-loving pegasus' long lost relative, she just looks as though she's extremely angry.

I personally like to think that this is Luna pre-Nightmare Moon where she's all angry at her sister for stealing the spotlight and stuff. :P

OMGS those eyes! :haha:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal