collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Line: Elements of Friendship  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Line: Elements of Friendship
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 01:09:23 PM »
I wonder if these exclusives (and the SDCC exclusive and the Guardians of Harmony line) shows that the MLP line is moving away from "brushables" entirely.  I suppose it had to happen at some point  -_-

I doubt they will ditch brushables entirely. After all there are still the pearly brushables on the way and the Guardians of Harmony and Equestria Girls Minis are too fragile for the younger segment. I do think they might not do any more brushables aimed towards collectors tho because they probably figure adults care more about accuracy.

I might pick up the doll and pony sets at some point since I don't have any Minis yet and I like that they have a glittery streak.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 02:18:07 PM »
I wonder if these exclusives (and the SDCC exclusive and the Guardians of Harmony line) shows that the MLP line is moving away from "brushables" entirely.  I suppose it had to happen at some point  -_-

I doubt they will ditch brushables entirely. After all there are still the pearly brushables on the way and the Guardians of Harmony and Equestria Girls Minis are too fragile for the younger segment. I do think they might not do any more brushables aimed towards collectors tho because they probably figure adults care more about accuracy.

I might pick up the doll and pony sets at some point since I don't have any Minis yet and I like that they have a glittery streak.

Yeah, I can't imagine they'll do away with brushables. I just guess the non-brushable stuff has been selling better than brushables.

And by extension, mane 6 stuff must be selling better than new characters, at least at TRU - the fact that they're switching back to all mane 6 might mean that last year's line, with almost entirely new characters, didn't sell as well as the typical mane character, non TRU exclusive stuff at the store.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 02:24:41 PM »
Eh, I don't like these either but I think they might sell well with kids and parents during the Christmas season because it's a cheap way to get some brushables and a Equestria Girl Mini. Some kids might like it, but I don't think the bronies or we might like it.

I'm just glad these aren't the Rainbow Rocks Equestria Girls Minis. I was worried since they had Rainbow Rocks strips in their hair, but now I'm glad we'll be getting new molds for that :D

Offline SwiftStar84

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »
Meh between Mattel and Hasbro it seems like I'm not buying much of their product anymore. And that just means I'll be able to go back and focus on my G1 and G2 collecting.
PROUD MY LITTLE PONY DADDY! I LOVE ALL GENS OF MLP!
Seeking Mia and Me Unicorns(the big ones) and Fantasy Filly Princess Kayla and Shayna!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal