collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dutch Diary Pony - needs a trip to the salon!!  (Read 406 times)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
Dutch Diary Pony - needs a trip to the salon!!
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
I just brought the dutch diary pony...  squueeeeeeeeee !!!   ^.^

She (in my mind Diary Pony is a he.. just something about the colouring) has a horrible haircut, one of my pet hate is the short crop on my ponies..

I want to rehair diary pony but I know it might affect the value later on if I choose to re-sell / tade...

But that hair irrks me.. (I have the same problem with a munchy, they must have gone to the same salon) - I've been thinking about it also for a few months but breaking that neck seal, it's tough you know..!  :lookround:

what would you do??

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch Diary Pony - needs a trip to the salon!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »
I'd leave it alone, and either sell or trade it on for a Dutch diary in good condition. If it irks you, then it always will,s I maybe sell this one and out the money toward a mint one?

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
if he was mine I would rehair, but that said I know that I would not be parting with it.

if you are truly unable to not stand the hair cut I agree with what is said above may be sell or trade for a better one and let the new owner decide on the hair cut for them selves

going to admit the short mane is really cute though

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
Hmm ... in the first picture she appears to have tail rust  >_< if she does have it then you have to open her and clean inside and replace, since is only going to get worse wit time  -_-

Unless you sell her as she is right now and someone else could do the work 

For me an easy way to tell  if is tail rust (besides the brown stain on the rump) is the nasty smell you can fell when you get close to the tail, it smells moldy
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:18:17 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
I'm going to agree with everyone else- if you think you may want to sell her down the road  I'd sell her now and use the money toward a more minty Diary Pony.  If you are sure you won't seller her and don't care about lowering the value, then I'd do whatever you want with her hair.  Just keep in mind it will reduce her re-sale value. 

Also agreeing that she looks cute with her mowhawk.   She looks like Clipper and Lucky's mommy:

(Images from My Little Wiki)

Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »
Rehairing her will devalue her, but not more than she is devalued with the hair cut - its drastic enough to make it about equal. However if you rehair her you do loose a lot of people who would prefer to buy her as is. I think if you are keeping her in your collection you should do what makes you happiest.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

svetilda

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 01:00:29 AM »
I don't like ponys hair to be cut but, honestely, she doesn't look bad. She looks even cute and stylish with her mowhawk. But if she has a rusty tail - this will bug me and I would open her up and clean.

squishy turdl

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 01:01:42 AM »
Thank you everyone for the lovely replies..

I can not see I would be selling or upgrading her in the foreseeable future.. (seeing as I've been on the diary pony hunt for all of this year)... I'm definitely not going to be actively looking for her anymore and the only reason I would upgrade her is if one came up by chance at a very reasonable price.. even then, I feel like I already have her/him, and its nice to let other collector's have a chance at owning her/him..

- I like that someone else referred to diary pony as a he! :) Maybe Diary pony is a trans-pony.

Seeing as I'm planning on keeping it for a while, I'll hold onto her/he/them for a little and see how I feel in 6 months.

Still have my munchy and seeing as she is in perfect condition other than her haircut, I dont think I would upgrade her either...

xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal