collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Firefly and Illustrated Book  (Read 38038 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly and Illustrated Book
« Reply #495 on: April 10, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »
That's what makes this so difficult for me. Buying it would show that yes, people want more G1 stuff, but I don't want more G1 stuff that's poor quality, and I don't see any reason to think buying things like this won't just encourage Hasbro to continue doing things like this instead of produce nicer things.

But just to be clear- it's NOT Hasbro- it's just some random company (Perseus Books Group) that bought a license from Hasbro to use the MLP name/images to sell its product.  Hasbro could care less at this point how successful the product is- they already made their money from their licensee.

If Perseus doesn't make enough money from this set, they probably won't make the other ponies, and will focus on their numerous other little book/product combos like:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The fact that Perseus is not Hasbro and is not generally in the business of making toys- probably explains the clumsiness of the figure produced.  Poor things.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 10, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
Reminder that I'll happily buy Firefly off anyone who doesn't want her! I'm not fussed about the book, so there's no sense in me buying the whole pack. ^^;

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 10, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
That's what makes this so difficult for me. Buying it would show that yes, people want more G1 stuff, but I don't want more G1 stuff that's poor quality, and I don't see any reason to think buying things like this won't just encourage Hasbro to continue doing things like this instead of produce nicer things.

But just to be clear- it's NOT Hasbro- it's just some random company (Perseus Books Group) that bought a license from Hasbro to use the MLP name/images to sell its product.  Hasbro could care less at this point how successful the product is- they already made their money from their licensee.

If Perseus doesn't make enough money from this set, they probably won't make the other ponies, and will focus on their numerous other little book/product combos like:

The fact that Perseus is not Hasbro and is not generally in the business of making toys- probably explains the clumsiness of the figure produced.  Poor things.

The figures are stamped Hasbro though, aren't they? Or does that not matter?

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 10, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »
I've cancelled my order :/ Too creepy weird for me! i'd rather spend that money on something I'd enjoy looking at xD
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 10, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »

The figures are stamped Hasbro though, aren't they? Or does that not matter?

All licensed figures and merch will be labeled Hasbro My Little Pony-  that is what the licensee is paying for.   :biggrin: 

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #501 on: April 10, 2014, 10:37:49 AM »
I think Hannaliten just made everything okay again! <3

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #502 on: April 10, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »

They were awful.  (IMO).  Nasty hard plastic, thin cheap hair, thin manes and SUPER thin tails.  They also have a tendency to fall forward onto their faces because the real flat-footed Collector ponies were sort of weight back by their tails . . .

Then to top it off half of them had the wrong colors.  I mean, yes, Blossom was purple, but not that shade of purple and Cotton Candy didn't have dark pink hair.

I think their symbols must rub off easily too, because I keep seeing them at the thrift store with parts of their rumps blank?

Their plastic quality and hair quality / quantity were what bothered me the most, though.

Yes the repros had flaws however maybe they made them cheap to get less losses if they sold poorly (what it happened)

But  if they   if they sold better what if Hasbro could have made more sets like boys or sea ponies and maybe in better quality, as the Rainbow set is better looking than the original 6  :nerdy:

Of the rainbow set I only have Sunlight, and she stands wit no balance problems, the glitter is firm and the hair is mush better than my original 6 repros

In my opinion that set was a good chance for collectors to get a decent colored Skydancer, Windy  and a real White Starshine, since this three ponies are notorious for fading of turning brownish  wit age as the ones from the 80s Rainbow set  are  :accomplished: too bad this second set of repros is so hard to find compared to the first

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:01:41 AM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 10, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »

Aw that picture looks like baby Firefly had a baby.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 10, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »

Suddenly its MLP Teen Mom....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 10, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »
This is a great comparison shot-   aaaand it shows we can't fix her by slapping on a newborn head.  Dang.  If only they had made her big ole snout just a teeeeny bit smaller !!!

Still, I'll keep my little Demon Donkey Firefly when she finally comes today  :biggrin: 

If they do another pony- I wonder if they would include the same package scans or different ones?  :wonder:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #506 on: April 10, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »

MiniMeeeeee...

This angle makes the pony look a little better, but its just that the head looks to big as well as the eye looks a little to small for the head.

And, where is the forelock, is she really missing the forelock?? or is it just brushed back?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »
I think Hannaliten just made everything okay again! <3
I think so too. I think they look cute together :)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 10, 2014, 12:07:43 PM »
Just like with the 25th anniversary ponies, there's a lot of complaints. Just like with the 25th anniversary ponies, I will get Firefly. Just like with the 25th anniversary ponies, I will open it and enjoy it.

...hopefully unlike them, I won't regret opening the package, though. I wish I had gotten 2 of each of the 25th anniversary packs.. Alas.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 10, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »

All this did is make me realize that I suddenly really want Baby Firefly.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal