collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DJ Pon-3 Watch - Waiting for the bass to drop  (Read 11918 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DJ Pon-3 Watch - Waiting for the bass to drop
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
Yeah I definitely saw this one coming, I'm not surprised at all. The shame is if they had used plastic crystals instead of swarovski ones i probably wouldn't have been able to tell the difference and i would have been happier with what probably would have been half of the price.

And what I find the weirdest part? They clearly were counting on the brony market to move these in quantity. So what bronies do they think want swarovski crystals rather than a better price point?

I agree with everyone, I would of preferred brushable hair to the crystals but I still purchased her...just won't like her as much as I would of a brushable

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
Yeah I definitely saw this one coming, I'm not surprised at all. The shame is if they had used plastic crystals instead of swarovski ones i probably wouldn't have been able to tell the difference and i would have been happier with what probably would have been half of the price.

And what I find the weirdest part? They clearly were counting on the brony market to move these in quantity. So what bronies do they think want swarovski crystals rather than a better price point?
Exactly- they came up with a product that was slightly annoying to both groups of collectors.  The bronies are always whining about how they want LESS sparkly in their ponies.  The collector/non bronies just want some brushable hair.  EVERYONE wants a reasonable price tag. 

All in = useless.

Hasbro need to hire us Galatica...we could seriously start teaching them things :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2013, 05:37:50 PM »
My gosh this thing still is not sold out? This must be the biggest bomb ever.
I was hoping to be able to sell the one I got at the fair after buying it sight unseen. Serves me right for falling for The Premium Exclusive Figure line that it was advertised with when it was really just a cheap Funko knockoff. Of course if it had been advertised as that, no one would have bought it!
Someone at Hasbro needs to be chucked!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
I think they 'failed' in a few areas with this one. I think they purchased a bigger run then in years past and it kinda bit them in the but. Most of their popular toys sell like hot cakes once listed even with the 2 per person order.

Many folks knew that Funko would be releasing a DJ down the line and so it would be kinda pointless to buy two DJ's with one being $50.00

I don't think the glitter/gem thing went over well with everyone.

I also think folks were expecting a nice brushable. For hasbro to make this kind of move to all plastic was really brazen of them.

thekozmicpig

« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2013, 06:49:34 PM »
Plus, last year no one knew we'd ever get a muffin brushable. We we're still reeling from "Last Roundupgate" and it was "This is my one shot. One. There will be no more Hasbro muffins."

Though, there is a part of me that sort of wants them to price next years exclusive at $50 only to work as a scalper deterrent. $20 would be better, but the odds of next years being scalped for $50 at that price are pretty high and most of us will have to resort to scalpers anyway, so it'll be kinda a wash.

FlashSentry

« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2013, 09:30:16 PM »
Has anyone's order shipped? It said mine was supposed to ship today but it didn't.. :(

popyduggan

« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2013, 02:22:57 AM »
Has anyone's order shipped? It said mine was supposed to ship today but it didn't.. :(
Nope, still waiting.

Now I'm sort of bummed and amused that I had a chance at every single item but this is the one I rushed to order, lol.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2013, 02:33:38 AM »
I wonder then what the line at Comic Con was like to purchase her.  If it was anything like last year, then I sort of feel bad for everyone that spent so much of their time in that line!  Especially compared to the fact that she's still available online.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2013, 08:35:17 AM »
My email came sometime yesterday saying shipped

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't care about brushable hair, especially for a toy that was made to be kept MIB. I really like DJ Pon3. Her box sits on my desk and every so often I hit the button to make her light up. And I think the crystals make her a little bit special, and not one more cheap piece of plastic. If I ever really want to brush a pony's hair I have hundreds of loose G1s to choose from. I hope I'm not the only one who is completely happy with her.

Also, I don't think that a toy is a bomb because it doesn't sell out in 1 day. I have all faith that due to the price point and larger run Hasbro is making plenty of money.
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »

Still waiting for mine to ship too! =O I was gonna ask everyone, glad its not just my order. I hope they ship out soon!

She's still for sale, huh?

Offline Washe

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2013, 11:31:27 AM »
I have to ask, does anyone know about the stickers? The one DJ ponys sold at the fair have the fair sticker? And when I looked at ebay the SDCC pony doesnt have the fair sticker only the SDCC sticker.
So, my question is:
If I want the fair variant (only the sticker that are different from the box/pony) I would need to check after the right sticker?

I think this one will be my last purchase, then Im closing my collection and try to complete the only one pony that I dont have, LS Pinkie Pie. Im so sick of hasbro and their lack of fantasy and only focus on the money they will earn.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2013, 01:41:19 PM »
I hope I'm not the only one who is completely happy with her.

Even if you are, there's no reason to enjoy her any less. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 26, 2013, 01:44:29 PM »
Mine was suppose to ship yesterday but hasn't gone out yet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
Mine hasn't shipped yet-

Really- she isn't a terrible pony- she just seems overpriced- and not really what I was hoping for from a SDCC exclusive.   Didn't stop me from getting her of course  :lol:

I'm sure Hasbro is disappointed she didn't sell out in minutes like last year-  but the art ponies used to take much longer on Hasbrotoyshop to sell out, so it's not out of the question.

I am hoping that they drop the price on DJ and Twilight- I'd like to get a MIB Twilight since mine was loose...

Exactly- they came up with a product that was slightly annoying to both groups of collectors.  The bronies are always whining about how they want LESS sparkly in their ponies.  The collector/non bronies just want some brushable hair.  EVERYONE wants a reasonable price tag. 

All in = useless.

Hasbro need to hire us Galatica...we could seriously start teaching them things :P

Honestly don't you think that a FS Firefly in a fancy box would have been ridiculously popular to all of the collectors ?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:07:13 PM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal