collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DJ Pon-3 Watch - Waiting for the bass to drop  (Read 11920 times)

FlashSentry

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DJ Pon-3 Watch - Waiting for the bass to drop
« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »
I couldn't take it any more so I called Hasbro.. :blink: :lookround:

Told her I was worried about my order because no email & worried about it selling out. She said as long as I have an order number I should get it. Told me because of the high traffic of what went on sale today it will take a little while for it to go through..

But all you guys ordered at the same time as me and have all gotten your emails (for the most part). Oh well, guess well see what happens.

Glad it's over at least. -_-

I also have an order number, paid and checked out, and I still haven't gotten an email confirmation from Hasbro.  I have gotten an email confirmation from Paypal, however.

I couldn't take it any more so I called Hasbro.. :blink: :lookround:

Told her I was worried about my order because no email & worried about it selling out. She said as long as I have an order number I should get it. Told me because of the high traffic of what went on sale today it will take a little while for it to go through..

But all you guys ordered at the same time as me and have all gotten your emails (for the most part). Oh well, guess well see what happens.

Glad it's over at least. -_-

Well that made me breath a little easier, I got the order number and email from PayPal now just waiting on the email from Hasbro. Like you said though wait and see :)

well, glad I am not alone guys. :hiya: :tackleglomp:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
Jem sold out in seconds (I was actually watching for her, first, pony, second) - so I bet the size of the run was pretty huge for the DJ.

The Star Wars and Magic the Gathering items sold out even faster...

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
Glad I got to order one. I got last years so this is always exciting but I thought they had last years up on 2 different days. Perhaps they are running this DJ longer and if you miss out today oh well because last years seemed to be up for a short time and then they sold it again on a different day. Correct me if I am wrong.
I paid through paypal and got an email from paypal saying Hasbro gets money once they confirm shipment. I got an order number page I need to print out from Hasbro.

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »
Did they just produce tons of the pony this year?  Or is she just not as popular?
Does anyone know if she sold out at Comic-Con?

I saw that the MLP page on Facebook posted about her, so word is definitely out.  Just curious about her popularity.

Personally I'm skipping the exclusive this year.  I HAD to have Bubbly Muffins last year, but for a fully plastic pony without brushable hair, covered in sparkly junk, and $50 price point, I will be skipping the good DJ.  Maybe get the Funko one, but I'm not that big a fan of the character.

FlashSentry

« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
Jem sold out in seconds (I was actually watching for her, first, pony, second) - so I bet the size of the run was pretty huge for the DJ.

The Star Wars and Magic the Gathering items sold out even faster...

That Jem doll looks really nice. I never watched that, but if it had been WAY cheaper I would've scooped one up. I saw it available then a little while later it was gone.
She was really expensive though..

I really wish I had gotten Bubbles last year. Maybe someday I guess.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »
Did they just produce tons of the pony this year?  Or is she just not as popular?
Does anyone know if she sold out at Comic-Con?

I saw that the MLP page on Facebook posted about her, so word is definitely out.  Just curious about her popularity.

Personally I'm skipping the exclusive this year.  I HAD to have Bubbly Muffins last year, but for a fully plastic pony without brushable hair, covered in sparkly junk, and $50 price point, I will be skipping the good DJ.  Maybe get the Funko one, but I'm not that big a fan of the character.

I think a little of both-  she is WAY overpriced for what she is-  I think her design and bling is kinda fun, but the Funko DJ has a much nicer sculpt, and will be only $12-$15 vs $50.  So are the rhinestones and lights on Hasbro DJ worth $36-38?  Plenty will say no.   

She did sell out at Comic Con- but Hasbro's stuff always does.

khyron

« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2013, 02:53:45 PM »
Phew, I finally got my confirmation email.  Huzzah!

I was pretty sure I'd miss out since this was posted while I was out playing with my son, but I lucked out.   :biggrin:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
Sorry I thought this thread was about a "Watch", like a timepiece?

I guess you all know "he"'s for sale.  Also gemmy PTS is for sale too:  www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-princess-twilight-sparkle-figure?BR=704

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2013, 03:09:18 PM »
"He's got the same silky hair as the disc jockey star"

Which disc jockey star and what silky hair?  She doesn't have silky hair at all!  And are they referring to her brushable version?  Essentially saying:  DJ has the same silky hair as DJ. 

He?
Maybe that guy? It's abit of a long shot.visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's Skrillex  :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2013, 03:34:29 PM »
Just got a confirmation from my friend - HIS friend (who I've also met, but only once) is very excited that I snagged a Boba for him! Hooray!! :D Always fun to help out fellow collectors, and maybe I can ask him to keep an eye out for G1s for me when he goes hunting for his vintage Star Wars toys...! ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Bergamot

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »
Snapdragon-- Congrats on the Boba grab! Your friend will be super thrilled!

I'm totally bummed that I wasn't there when all of these items hit. I'd been watching the site for the past three days, and as luck would have it, everything went online just about as soon as I had to leave my computer!  :P

I am glad I got to snag DJ for my friend, though!

Strange to see that she's still available. It's always so hard to tell what the demand will be like for these things! It's been a pretty calm year for SDCC ponies. DJ has been plentiful, along with Funko's clear RD and Bubblebutt.

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
I got my sparkly funko girls, but I just can't bring myself to spend 50$ on DJ. I'm primarily a g4 collector and I don't even like her much :S I wish she was much cheaper, or a different pony. Weird to see she's still up.. Hope everyone who gets her loves her though!

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »
"He's got the same silky hair as the disc jockey star"

Which disc jockey star and what silky hair?  She doesn't have silky hair at all!  And are they referring to her brushable version?  Essentially saying:  DJ has the same silky hair as DJ. 

He?

Pretty sure the person who wrote the description assumed that anything DJ = boy by default.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
Snapdragon-- Congrats on the Boba grab! Your friend will be super thrilled!

I'm totally bummed that I wasn't there when all of these items hit. I'd been watching the site for the past three days, and as luck would have it, everything went online just about as soon as I had to leave my computer!  :P

I am glad I got to snag DJ for my friend, though!

Strange to see that she's still available. It's always so hard to tell what the demand will be like for these things! It's been a pretty calm year for SDCC ponies. DJ has been plentiful, along with Funko's clear RD and Bubblebutt.

I'm so sorry you missed out on your Boba!! I was trying to find out ASAP if said friend needed mine, just in case his friend ALSO snagged a Boba, just in case we ended up with an extra. :( I'm sorry!! If it's any comfort, at least he won't be scalped? He's going to a super-devoted action figure collector, from what I hear! :) And he's super jazzed, so yay for getting one out of the hands of scalpers! (Because, oh God, the number of Bobas on eBay right now ... -_-)

I'm similarly blown away! I think a lot of people must have bought theirs from the pre-sales on eBay, due to last year's nightmare with HTS' terrible system breaking down and what not. Better to pay an extra $25-30 and save yourself the drama, right? So maybe Hasbro made more, and due to last year's hiccup, the price jump, and possible over-production, they ended up with wayyyy more of these things on their hands than they intended!

NEGL, I kind of hope they end up sitting in a warehouse for a year. >:[ /BITTER
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Bergamot

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Oh heavens, no reason to say you're sorry! :) I think it's awesome that you were able to pick one up; it sounds like they disappeared really quick! This figure kicks off a really neat series of Star Wars figures, so at least there are more characters where that came from!

Besides, you know what they say! Unlucky in Boba Fett... lucky in Ponies?

DJ Pon-3 was a weird one! She didn't even show up on TaoBao like Bubblebutt and blingee Twilight Sparkle did.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal